Author Topic: Woodstock '69  (Read 1458 times)

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
Woodstock '69
« on: December 28, 2009, 07:25:52 AM »
Woodstock '69 on BD. God I do not think I will buy this. First they didn't put any chapters in so unless you bookmark where you were in the film you would have to fast forward through it. It's 4 hours long. Not all of the performances were on it at all. Mammas & The Papas were not on there. Creedence only had like 2 songs The Who only had 2 songs and they cut down Jimi Hendrix's version of the National Anthem. The 2nd disk was alright. You could watch some of the performances and select the one's you want to see. There are maybe 20 songs on that. Most of it was interviewing people instead of getting the performances. All in all it was alright but I will not buy it. Audio & Video were ok for a release this old.

The director's cut of Michael Wadleigh's Oscar-winning documentary restores footage snipped from the original 1970 release. With the help of a young editor named Martin Scorsese, Wadleigh not only chronicles Woodstock's memorable music and legendary artists, he also captures the festival's dauntless free spirit. The presentation features live performances from, among others, Jimi Hendrix; the Who; Janis Joplin; and Crosby, Stills and Nash.

PQ 2.5
AQ 3
Overall 2.5 VERY DISSAPOINTED.
Mischa.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 680
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: Woodstock '69
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 07:39:11 PM »
hmmm... you'd at least hope that the audio was as good as they can get it.

Offline cuco33

• 2011 CO-Member of the Year
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 368
    • eurokult
Re: Woodstock '69
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 12:34:52 PM »
Looks like this one's gonna be a rental for me... sad cuz these audio stuff on HD DD, HD DVD and BD were things I really looked forward to. I never owned any but had friends who did and let me borrow some. This was going to be my 1st one.