Author Topic: Comic Books...  (Read 25684 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Comic Books...
« on: September 21, 2009, 06:57:09 PM »
do you collect comics?  i love them.   but i admit, i haven't read any in a while.  i did get some about 4 months ago, but that was the last time.  anyway, here's a pic for now, i will post more.   but here's a pic of Amazing Spider-Man #129, first appearance of The Punisher.  good condition... and Amazing Spider-Man #28.   first appearance of The Molten Man.  poor condition, yet still pretty good if you ask me.  old school shit.  i'll post more. 

oh.. here's some more.  Amazing Spider-Man #36 Vol 2.  the one right after 9.11.  the World Trade horrific events.  MINT condition... 

and here is Amazing Spider-Man #312.  Green Goblin vs. Hobgoblin.  Near Mint,  art my Todd McFarlane.  and then there's "What if"  Vol 2(i think) #105   first appearance of Spider-Girl, Peter Parkers daughter.  MINT condition.

this was a loved thread from our old site... i wanted to bring it back fresh baby!

OMEGA BOMBS

Re: Comic Books...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 07:04:55 PM »
Just read the watchmen collection...I was amazed how close the movie was to it.  They did a really good job bringing it to life.

Offline nmcmahan52

• Founding Father
  • Respected Member
  • Showtime Karma: 517
    • project blu, where i attempt to review games
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 05:13:59 AM »
i think watchmen is one of the 5 or so comics i've ever read

i like them, just never bought any.  i found some really old iron man comics at my grandpa's once and remember reading those, that's about the extent of my knowledge

Offline Pakman3000

• Founding Father
  • Showtime's in your blood.
  • Showtime Karma: 405
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 04:11:27 PM »
Just got "The Walking Dead" Book 1. Heard it's a great zombie series. Gonna read when I'm bored at work tonight. Also got the Zombie Survival Guide which is a how-to book. Not sure what got into me.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 06:38:41 PM »
Just got "The Walking Dead" Book 1. Heard it's a great zombie series. Gonna read when I'm bored at work tonight. Also got the Zombie Survival Guide which is a how-to book. Not sure what got into me.
Great freaking books my man! You will not be disappointed! As for what got into you... perhaps Zombieland?

Offline mondayshift

• "I'm not a hot asian chick"
  • Founding Father
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 605
    • flickr
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 07:02:33 PM »
Great freaking books my man! You will not be disappointed! As for what got into you... perhaps Zombieland?

i should get The Walking Dead. and some 30 days of night TPB. i got Simon Bisley and Kevin Eastman's Fistfull of Blood.
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, I punch your face!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondayshift/

Offline Pakman3000

• Founding Father
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 12:59:38 PM »
Finished Book 1 at work last night and whaddya know: Amazon is out of stock for Book 2(#12-24). I was willing to buy Books 2 through 4 and now I have to wait. Fuck!

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 03:06:01 PM »
Finished Book 1 at work last night and whaddya know: Amazon is out of stock for Book 2(#12-24). I was willing to buy Books 2 through 4 and now I have to wait. Fuck!
Ouch... considering how addictive those books are this ordering business can be quite detrimental...

Offline Pakman3000

• Founding Father
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 12:37:29 AM »
Ouch... considering how addictive those books are this ordering business can be quite detrimental...

So addictive that I had to order from half.com just now.

Update: Just so I wouldn't run into this problem again, I ordered Books 3 & 4. That should put me at Vol 48. Book 5 releases in Jan. and contains Vol 49-60.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 02:55:21 AM by Pakman3000 »

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 02:55:15 AM »

I personally do not support nor condone the use of torrents but they are available sir, just be sure to d/l cdisplay first

Offline Pakman3000

• Founding Father
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 03:11:51 AM »

I personally do not support nor condone the use of torrents but they are available sir, just be sure to d/l cdisplay first

I've done that in the past for Civil War, House of M, World War Hulk etc. Didn't enjoy it much and reading from my laptop and scrolling were a pain. This is so good of a series, for once I need to support the artist.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 03:14:52 AM »

I've done that in the past for Civil War, House of M, World War Hulk etc. Didn't enjoy it much and reading from my laptop and scrolling were a pain. This is so good of a series, for once I need to support the artist.
Oh by all means I agree sir, I'm just talking about getting your fix in the mean time

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 08:07:21 AM »
i need to find "Civil War" on hard back, and every little side book that ran with that story as well.    i need to catch up on Marvel.        i want it.. and i need it.         

Offline mondayshift

• "I'm not a hot asian chick"
  • Founding Father
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 605
    • flickr
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 11:47:11 AM »
Oh, comics? what are you talkin' about lady? I don't collect comics! Comics are for kids!
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, I punch your face!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondayshift/

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 12:18:56 PM »
i need to find "Civil War" on hard back, and every little side book that ran with that story as well.    i need to catch up on Marvel.        i want it.. and i need it.         
I've tried to start reading "Civil War" many many times, it's really hard though. It's pretty freaking slow and extremely dialogue heavy (not in the good way imo). It hurts my feelings every time I try and read it and fail... oh and as far as catching up on Marvel, Ultimate Spidey/X-Men is this shit!