Author Topic: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
« on: October 04, 2009, 07:25:36 AM »
40 Sega Genesis titles on one convenient disk. Is this for you? With the likes of such classics as Sonic 1-3 (Not to mention Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic Spinball and Sonic 3D Blast), Dr. Robotniks MBM, Golden Axe 1-3, Streets of Rage 1-3, Phantasy Star II-IV, Altered Beast, Kid Chameleon, Shining Force 1-2, Shinobi III, Comix Zone, and many more, it can seem like a decent idea. Now for someone such as myself I have to highly consider this $30 brand new video game purchase. Myself being from the decent of Nintendo Fandom and recognizing Sega as the devil it certainly has it's pros. Through years of age and wisdom I have come to find that I missed out on a lot of great games. Especially as an RPG fan. Every time I shouted Final Fantasy (which is blatantly superior) I had buddies screaming back Phantasy Star. Now I finally get to experience what they were talking about. (Because I've never used roms in my life, that would be wrong.) All the games are formatted to the HD world we now live in and look pretty darn good. The bright 16 bit colors shining through in ways that made me wishing someone would utilize the art style (for lack of better understanding) in a modern game(I donno, making a 16 bit game with HD graphics, or vice versa, y'all know what I mean damn it!). Especially if any of you have considered or even purchased Sonic, Comix Zone, or Phantasy Star II off of Xbox Live, this compilation is significantly more cost effective. My only gripe would be that these are direct ports and the controls are dated and therefore horribly clunky for a majority of the games, but as a Nintendo Fanboy, I blame Sega for that ;)

Thanks to gamefly for allowing me the capability of writing this review.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 680
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 07:51:32 AM »
jesus!    that's a lot of games on one cart!      sounds like a good deal.

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 07:52:23 AM »
I would have bought this if I didn't have a Genesis already and still had my PS3. I already have most of these games for my Genesis now. Streets of Rage is one of the best one's it's just like Double Dragon on the NES!!
Mischa.

OMEGA BOMBS

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 08:09:11 AM »
Myself being from the decent of Nintendo Fandom and recognizing Sega as the devil...

I heard that, but playing altered beast and space harrier sure brought back memories.

Offline chaz_uk

• Founding Father, Gadget Moderator
  • Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 511
    • My Google+ Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 11:22:31 PM »
My modded xbox gives me all the megadrive lovin' I need. All emulated and running at 1080i on my HDtv thanks to my component cables.

It's a great disc full of Sega classics tho!
Pc gaming, tablet owning, smart phoning gadget user.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 03:21:11 PM »
Heh was kinda the point to my review, obviously there are other ways to enjoy the classics (been meaning to get my box modded forever now), but this is a cheap, legal, effective way to do it. I haven't purchased it yet... but I have highly considered it... I've always been a sucker for the possible collective opportunities of software though... never traded in a game in my life.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 02:14:49 AM »
I have decided I will likely purchase this at a latter time when the price drops to under $20