Author Topic: Battlefield 1  (Read 2329 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 677
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Battlefield 1
« on: February 27, 2016, 11:00:39 AM »
I'm' down for some WW1 action! 

RUMORMILL

The upcoming Battlefield 5 is reportedly going to be set in World War I, according to a Swiss retail site.

The listing on Wog.ch claims that Battlefield 5, the next entry in the FPS series from developer Dice, will be released on October 26th on PS4, Xbox One and PC, but the most intriguing piece of information is that it will be a tactical shooter set in World War I.

Since Battlefield 2 the mainline Battlefield series has focused solely on modern and futuristic military combat, with it never having tackled World War I before. If this retail listing is to be believed, then this could soon be set to change.

While publisher EA hasn't officially announced the game yet, this would certainly be a nice change of pace for the military shooter genre. With Call of Duty continuing to take players further into the future, turning back the clocks should help Dice differentiate Battlefield from its biggest rival, with many having called for the genre to return to its old-school roots over the past few years.

Read more at http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/958461-battlefield-5-reportedly-set-world-war#3VWuubcwRHjb9Dqg.99

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:03:59 PM by miDnIghtEr20C »

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
Re: Battlefield 5
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 08:19:19 PM »
If true, I like it.  I like it right now.  We'll see...

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
Re: Battlefield 1
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 02:05:35 PM »

Discover classic Battlefield gameplay with epic multiplayer and an adventure-filled campaign. Experience the Dawn of All-Out War, Only in Battlefield 1.

Battlefield 1 will be available from Oct 21st, 2016 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Battlefield 1 Early Enlister Deluxe Edition includes the Red Baron Pack and the Lawrence of Arabia Pack - containing themed weapons, vehicles and items. Plus five Battlepacks containing combinations of items. Exchanges the visual appearance on three of the largest vehicles in the game. This Early Enlister edition allows you to play Battlefield 1 three days earlier starting from October 18.

Experience the dawn of all-out war in Battlefield 1. Fight your way through epic battles ranging from tight urban combat in a besieged French city to the heavily defended mountain forts in the Italian Alps or frantic combats in the deserts of Arabia. Discover a new world at war through an adventure-filled campaign, or join in epic multiplayer battles with up to 64 players, and adapt your tactics to the earth-shattering environments and destruction. Fight as infantry or take control of amazing vehicles on land, air and sea, from the tanks and bikes on the ground, to biplanes and gigantic battleships, and adapt your gameplay to the most dynamic battles in Battlefield history.

- Battlefield 1 Early Enlister Deluxe Edition includes the Red Baron Pack and the Lawrence of Arabia Pack - containing themed weapons, vehicles and items. Plus five Battlepacks containing combinations of items. Also exchanges the visual appearance on three of the largest vehicles in the game. This Early Enlister edition allows you to play Battlefield 1 three days earlier starting from October 18.
    - Epic 64-Player Multiplayer Battles - Squad up with your friends and join in the most epic multiplayer battles in FPS history with up to 64 players fighting as infantry or piloting vehicles ranging from tanks and bikes on the ground to biplanes and gigantic battleships.
    - Experience the Dawn of All-out War - Be a part of the greatest battles ever known to man. From the heavily defended Alps to the scorching deserts of Arabia, war is raging on an epic scale on land, air and sea as you witness the birth of modern warfare.
    - Earth-shattering Intuitive Destruction - With intuitive destruction no battle is ever the same. Destroy vehicles big and small, and demolish entire buildings. From tiny wooden houses to massive stone forts, even the grounds on which you're fighting can be blasted apart.
    - War Stories from the Far Edges of the World - Discover a world at war through an adventure-filled campaign that captures the variety of a global conflict through the eyes of several different characters all united by this first modern war.

Pre-ordering Battlefield 1 will get you the Battlefield 1 Hellfighter Pack containing themed items inspired by the heroic Harlem Hellfighter infantry regiment. This also includes 7 days early access to a map released later in 2016.

The Harlem Hellfighters was one of the toughest infantry regiments in the Great War.

This pack contains unique unlocks inspired by their heroic deeds.

- Hellfighter Trench Shotgun – Combat battered shotgun, etched with the Hellfighter insignia and “Men of Bronze” on the receiver and the unit number 369th on the barrel along with the carving “Go Forward or Die France 1918” on the wooden stock
    - Hellfighter M1911 – Reliable and timeless sidearm still used in action today affectionately called "old slabsides", etched with the Hellfighter insignia on the breech and "Men of Bronze" on the muzzle.
    - Hellfighter Bolo Knife – Fearsome blade etched with the Hellfighter regiment number 369ththat makes your enemy feel homesick at first sight.
    - Hellfighter Insignia – Wear this emblem to show your belonging to the elite Hellfighter unit and-in-still fear on the Battlefield.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215587

Offline Gibblets

• 20C Soldier
  • All First Team
  • Showtime Karma: 331
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 12:34:09 PM »
Def. getting this!!

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 608
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 05:03:07 AM »
Have to say.. they have done it.. I'm more excited about this game than COD this year... never thought I'd type that!

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 04:57:50 PM »
Have to say.. they have done it.. I'm more excited about this game than COD this year... never thought I'd type that!
Holy!

But yep.. I am the same.  What really really helps RedRain is that it's 60fps now.  That was the huge hate from me from before.  But now... Yummy.  Hopefully they bump up that squad count from 4 to 8.  I mean, come on.  64 people! @brocktoon20c

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 04:58:42 PM »
Since it's not on this thread it looks...

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 01:34:26 PM »
Anyone else get the invite to the closed Alpha??  It was sent to me on July 5th.  I just saw it.   :tumble:  :pickit:

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 06:14:06 PM »
Damn!  Get in that man! I wish I got an invite.

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 08:51:10 PM »
played a bit today.  Pretty fun, not sure about it yet though.  Just like every other game, (COD) they change up the basic menus so it takes time to figure out.  I barely figured out how to change weapon loadouts, and it seems to be a purchase system now.  Using earned funds to unlock guns and shit

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 05:26:44 PM »
Ha ha.. to beat COD, they need to turn IN to COD!

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 09:34:31 PM »
No no, not like that.  Only how they change shit around.  Its like they change something that already works, to something different.  So that way, they can change it back for the next release and say they've made it better!  That, is the COD way.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 07:40:56 PM »

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 05:59:43 PM »