Author Topic: Showtime for Free is 5 Years old today!  (Read 2208 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Showtime for Free is 5 Years old today!
« on: September 19, 2014, 07:07:33 AM »
December 8th, 2005 spawned the true original, "Showtime for Free" message board.  http://midnighter20c.proboards.com/index.cgi

But the members wanted... and yes, WE NEEDED, to get our own .com.     So I pulled the trigger on it, and finally bought the domain, www.showtimeforfree.com  8)   Some members were a bit rattled at first losing all their old post counts, but I knew that we could build again, and build fast!   

Members, the "Founding Fathers" of the old site joined here fast and helped move some old threads here to the new site, and old Mods were made new Mods once again, as the new SfF.com, built it's way up to a fast start.   

Special members from both Microsoft and video game programmers from Sony's side of the field, both post in here with imo, great information, and takes from their own points of view... Both helping our Gaming community here at the site grow.

Our member Vsions, helped out huge with the giving away of a Halo Reach Beta token, giving the site a huge boost in views, and popularity.  http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=1828.0

As well as our member KTA, who informed the gaming community over on Kotaku that we were having a give away.  http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=1771.msg12728#msg12728

Then it was our awesome member, Omni that made possible the greatest give away to date, the Red Dead Redemption, PS3 game give away, that had people from all over talking about our site.  http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=1908.0

And then to out do himself, he then starts our glorious, and most Showtime for Free, fan capturing give away... FREE PRIZE MADDEN 2011 FOOTBALL LEAGUE, that has to brought even more members here to our site.   Good solid members that our helping our community grow. 

Big shouts for the year go to members Voltan, Isntmentolast, hdinred, Omega Bombs, mondayshift, nmcmahan52, Onslaught, Cuco, SurfinHB, SadisticKeith, Szabada, PocketNYC, LoadySmurf, Pakman3000, Dz, Vsions and to my Mods, Caine, Master X, mischa316, and chazuk!  (sorry if i forgot anyone that has been on constantly for the year)

YOU GUYS HAVE HELPED KEEP THE COMMUNITY SOLID AND GROW SO MUCH... I PERSONALLY THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, AND HOPE YOU ENJOY ANOTHER GREAT, AND BETTER YEAR OF SHOWTIME FOR FREE.  :)

This thread will be unlocked on the 19th, so we may have great 1 year birthday wishes, and stories of favorite moments of the site.   Favorite topic, quote, ect....

I lied!  It's open all of September, and this is the month of Showtime for Free!

Ahhhhhhhhhh...  That was a year ago, when we turned 1 year old.   :woot!:  And now, we turn 2  :party: :drinks2: :drinks:  :party:   I'd like to thank all of you that keep coming back to the site day after day, week after week, month after month and so on for 2 years now.  It's been a great 2 years, and hopefully we'll have plenty more to come.  This year has been a busy one for me, but for the new year of SfF in 2012, we're going to get back into the Member of the Month awards and  more Showtime for Free Give Aways.

First and foremost, I'd like to thank my awesome, AWESOME lady, JennyLee20C, for putting up with me always on the site, tinkering with things and trying to keep the site afloat and running smooth and all that.  Thanks beautiful!  :airkiss:  And would also like to thank in no particular order, Voltan, Isntmentolast, hdinred, Omega Bombs, mondayshift, nmcmahan52, Onslaught, Cuco, SurfinHB, SadisticKeith, Szabada, PocketNYC, LoadySmurf, Pakman3000, Balkino66, Colts and Bolts, itputdalotion0n MoePain, Vapor, Dz and to my Mods, Caine, Master X, mischa316, and chazuk! Also, all the Madden boys, Belvedere and WSBroncos, b0b0 and all the rest, and anyone I forgot, thank you as well!

I know we've had some rough moments at times here on the sites with some of us, but the members that are always on this site, posting away and contributing, it's like we are a bit of a family, and at times, families do that, and that to me, makes this site even that much better.   So anyways, I'm ready for another great year and ready for this site to get even bigger and better than ever.  We have some big news here at the site...

He's been here since the original days of Showtime for Free, and on the old site he finished off with 1140 post on that site, and is one of only 4 members over with over 5000 post on this site.    I talked to him about this at the 4th of July BBQ bash, and have been waiting for this day to make it happen.  Everyone.. Ladies and Gentlemen... Put your hands together for Caine.... on becoming our first ever, and I mean EVER, even from the old site.   Congratulations on becoming Showtime for Free's first ever, "Global Moderator".

I know you'll do me, and this site proud with the new Title here on the site.   The start of Showtime for Free's 2nd year is starting off with a bang, and it's looking like it will be the best year ever.   Again, thank you all members for coming to this site.   I appreciate it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOWTIME FOR FREE!!!    HAPPY 2 YEARS OLD!

:groupbounce: :groupbounce: :party: :drinks2: :BBQ: ;voltan :groupbounce: :funshine: :grouphug: :ban: ;H :bar:

Well... Year number 3!    Look at those two other Birthday threads for this site.   We've come along way people.    Once again... I'd like to thank all of you, our members of the site.  Without you guys giving your time here, and buying things off the links helping the site to stay alive Month after Month, we wouldn't be here!

So again thank you everyone!   We have the great Halo 4 give away to come, and who the hell knows what great give away will come in this third Year of SfF!

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY SHOWTIME FOR FREE .COM  :drinks2: :party:   THANK YOU EVERYONE!    THANK YOU GUEST WHO COME AS WELL!   THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CHECKING OUT OUR SITE!

Happy Birthday to the site!    Thanks all 4 of you who have kept posting!  :drinks2:

Happy 5th Birthday Showtime for Free!  And as a special surprise, I'd like to
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]

Happy Birthday Showtime for Free.   2015 is going to be a great year for us.  Big plans and hopefully they go through!

Offline Balkino66

• 2014-15 2015-16 Back to back, Showtime For Free Fantasy Football Champion
  • SfF Madden Champion Season 1 & SfF 2013 NFL Pick em Champion
  • Respected Member
  • Showtime Karma: 528
  • **DA U**
Re: Showtime for Free is 5 Years old today!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 09:31:58 AM »
Happy 5 years !!  :party:

Xbox 360
GT: xxxBalkino66xxx
CHECK MY PROFILE OUT!!
#1 ON THE SITE

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 09:58:15 AM »
Cool! And congrats to Voltan!

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 727
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 10:55:03 AM »
Happy birthday Showtime for Free!!! My home away from home!!!

And holy mackerel!!! I am beyond honored!!! Seriously speechless right now! Wow wow wow!!!!!  Fuck yeah!!!!!

Offline mondayshift

• "I'm not a hot asian chick"
  • Founding Father
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 605
    • flickr
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 01:25:19 PM »
happy birthday showtime, hope you have a great day!
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, I punch your face!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondayshift/

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 01:29:31 PM »

And holy mackerel!!! I am beyond honored!!! Seriously speechless right now! Wow wow wow!!!!!  Fuck yeah!!!!!
:drinks2:

You have done for this site just as much as I have.   Now if we can just get some more new people and old people back in the mix this fall and get this place jumping again.   

Money wise for give aways it will be hopping again in March.   Things over here will be looking glorious at that time... so it's back on.   

5 Years as a .com... and in December of this year it'll be TEN YEARS all together that some of us have been rocking since the days of the www.midnighter20c.proboards.com site was first made.   I wish I still kept that whole thing in tact.  One of our members here wanted to get a site up for his teaching stuff with other teachers so I let him fart around on the old board. 

But ya...  :drinks2: :drinks2: :drinks2: :drinks2: :drinks2: :BBQ: :drinks2: :drinks2: :drinks2:

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 07:39:35 AM »
 :party: :party: :party:

And congratulations Voltan, well deserved and about damn time if I say so myself, I'm tired of fixing all yours posts!

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 11:38:02 AM »
:party: :party: :party:

And congratulations Voltan, well deserved and about damn time if I say so myself, I'm tired of fixing all yours posts!

Thanks brudda. 

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 11:39:25 AM »

:drinks2:

You have done for this site just as much as I have.   Now if we can just get some more new people and old people back in the mix this fall and get this place jumping again.   

Money wise for give aways it will be hopping again in March.   Things over here will be looking glorious at that time... so it's back on.   

5 Years as a .com... and in December of this year it'll be TEN YEARS all together that some of us have been rocking since the days of the www.midnighter20c.proboards.com site was first made.   I wish I still kept that whole thing in tact.  One of our members here wanted to get a site up for his teaching stuff with other teachers so I let him fart around on the old board. 

But ya...  :drinks2: :drinks2: :drinks2: :drinks2: :drinks2: :BBQ: :drinks2: :drinks2: :drinks2:

Nobody here has done a fraction of what you've done for this site than you Mid. 

In other news, sorry I haven't been on.  Looks like I missed the Fappening 2 even!! Damn Destiny has me by the balls right now.

And hey, what happened to the chat?

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 03:24:25 PM »
Uh oh.. chat not working for you guys?  I see it there.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 04:24:01 PM »
@VOLTAN if you don't see it on the main page, try hitting the chat icon on top there too.. should take you right in the chat room.  Of course when I use IE I don't see any chat going on with the shoutbox.. only if I enter the room.