Author Topic: Gran Turismo 5  (Read 16378 times)

Offline cuco33

• 2011 CO-Member of the Year
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 365
    • eurokult
Re: Gran Turismo 5
« Reply #390 on: May 10, 2011, 12:28:08 PM »
Emil,  do you have the Audi TT DTM Red Bull car? If so, throw racing soft tires + chassis reinforcement only (still don't get why there's chassis reinforcement for a caged race car  ???} and take a drive on the Nurburgring. Let me know what time you got.

I did this on Friday at a friend's house. He doesn't have a wheel so we were doing time trials with controller. I had every assist off and left ABS at 1. No controller sensitivity adjusted, nothing really aside from ABS at 1 which I do for everything. I was pretty impressed with my time!! Even though I hit 2 walls fairly decent speed (no spinouts, I braked late and ran off the track a bit and hit the wall) I still pulled a 7:20!!!! Pretty amazing time with controller. I tried repeating it and didn't come close. Compared to real life times it's as fast as a Radical SR3 Turbo and Porsche 911 GT2 RS (perfect real life times though) so pretty close. Don't think this Audi DTM TT is comparable to those cars but we'll never know because I don't think Audi's TT DTM cars ever ran the 'ring.

Try it out and let me know what time you get. Maybe I'll try some of these events with controller.

Offline emilCRO

• Showtime's in your blood.
  • Showtime Karma: 201
« Reply #391 on: May 10, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »
is that the most expensive audi in dealership? i have that. i think i won it when i finished 24 hrs nurb a-spec. i only drove one race with it after i tuned it and RS tires and it's pretty shitty car. i don't know. maybe i don't tuned it right.

since you hit the wall 2 times i don't think it's such a good time. maybe i try it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 04:34:48 PM by emilCRO »

Offline emilCRO

« Reply #392 on: May 10, 2011, 04:33:00 PM »
1000 cars in garage trophy won
lambo night gold won

vettel nurb and suzuka gold left, peak of carrier and those 3 hidden trophies

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #393 on: May 10, 2011, 06:17:24 PM »
I think the audi you are thinking is the audi r8 or r10. I bought that outright cuz im not doing a 24 hr race. Not tuned it is very hard to drive. I heard it definitely needs a tune.
The one im refering to is the red bull livery audi tt from the dtm series. I either won it or bought it in the ucd. It is a standard car.

Offline emilCRO

« Reply #394 on: May 10, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »
if it's standard then i don't care. i prefer playing with cockpit cam.

yep. i was talking about r10. it's pretty shitty and cost over 5 million

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #395 on: May 11, 2011, 11:56:56 AM »
Pretty shitty because PD's default tune setup for it is horrible. I've read that once tuned right it is a really good car. I just haven't found the tune settings I like for it yet. Audi's R10 in real life only won almost every single race it competed in. The races they lost went to the panzy frenchman's Peugeot 908 and that's more to do with Audi driver error which crashed out of the competition than anything. The R10 won 36 of the 48 races it competed in, capturing 12 pole positions. That's not even mentioning their other podium places for 2nd and 3rd place, nor the meltdown that Pug had last season with the rules regarding closed cockpits which Audi should not have had to follow due to the time they give you to meet the rules (usually 2-3 year grace period to meet new rules). Luckily it was only ALMS which Pug 'won' their argument, but in Europe for LMS they didn't.

If you don't care for standard cars, then you only care for 200 of the 1000 cars in GT5. So why use the 1000 cars line when 'arguing' for GT5???
For me, I don't like cockpit view much but hood cam or bumper cam is just as good as cockpit view.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Global Moderator
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 618
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #396 on: May 11, 2011, 01:29:38 PM »
If you don't care for standard cars, then you only care for 200 of the 1000 cars in GT5. So why use the 1000 cars line when 'arguing' for GT5???
For me, I don't like cockpit view much but hood cam or bumper cam is just as good as cockpit view.

How many cars have the cockpit view available in Forza 3?  ;D

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #397 on: May 11, 2011, 02:04:32 PM »

How many cars have the cockpit view available in Forza 3?  ;D

All of em. As in every single one of them.. including every car in every DLC. The only thing they might not have is some cars don't have working gauges n stuff like that.

Offline emilCRO

« Reply #398 on: May 11, 2011, 02:07:46 PM »
"If you don't care for standard cars, then you only care for 200 of the 1000 cars in GT5. So why use the 1000 cars line when 'arguing' for GT5???For me, I don't like cockpit view much but hood cam or bumper cam is just as good as cockpit view."

LOL so why do you use all cockpits in forza 3 if you don't drive from cockpit? you should prefer a 1000 cars from GT5.

and cockpits in forza 3 and GT5 are not the same.

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #399 on: May 12, 2011, 07:13:41 AM »
Personally, cockpit views can be restrictive in default 'depth' views during cockpit view. Forza 3 has some cockpits that the default view makes it very difficult to see the road. You need to make adjustment of this view to properly see the track and other cars. Some cars the view is perfect. I do use the view but depending on the car. Generally I don't use this view though.

I'd think that having the option of EVERY car in a game having a cockpit view is far better than only 20% having this view. Disparity like this sucks.

The quality of the cockpit views in GT5 are better than those in FM3, that is true. Sadly, it's only 20% of the cars. According to you emil, you only race in this view so what did you do with prior GT games? And why argue 1000+ cars if you only use cockpit views meaning you only use 20% of the cars in the game.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 631
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #400 on: June 08, 2011, 07:01:05 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Online racing on Gran Turismo 5 has, of course, proved massively popular since the game’s launch. So I am sure you’ll agree that it is great news that PSN is back up and running and the online racing restored. The PSN issues have been well documented elsewhere, but from my side, I add my own apologies that the issue has taken so long to be resolved and that you have been without multi-player racing during this time.

The good news is that with PSN back up and running we have a new update today for GT5. Kazunori Yamauchi made it clear at launch back in November that the game would continue to develop and be updated during its life cycle. This latest update from Polyphony comes in the form of version 1.10 and includes many improvements and new features to welcome players back to online racing via PSN.

As well as addressing a few issues and making a few simple improvements to enhance the GT5 experience, update 1.10 adds some exciting new features such as online event prizes, a simpler way to purchase parts, an improved opponent AI algorithm, an easy way to interrupt and save your progress in championship mode, new racing gear choices and a new music track.

This latest version of GT5 should automatically download when your PS3 is connected to the internet. However, to check the version of your software, press the “Manual” button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual. If the number starts with “Ver. 1.10″, you are playing the latest version of the game.

If not, please press PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/08/gt5-update-1-10-2/

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #401 on: June 08, 2011, 05:02:32 PM »
10th patch in 6 months since GT5 was launched.

"Kazunori Yamauchi made it clear at launch back in November that the game would continue to develop and be updated during its life cycle."
cuz the game, 5+ years in development, launched unfinished.. of course they wanted to keep it alive with patches, it worked with GT5Prologue!

I'll be updating shortly. I heard some good things about it. I like the championship game save part but... 6 months to late. Most have already done these events already. Most still want the endurance race save, like in the pits.

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #402 on: June 23, 2011, 07:26:51 AM »
So I can't find one of me USB thumbsticks and had to use the one I use for 360 game saves. Was limited to copying over only 5 images at a time from GT5/PS3 so bare with me. Here's the 1st few I got (all premiums btw) and plenty more to come (maybe later today)

Can't tell which one I like better... original landscape or cropped to portrait?

Only real tweaks I did in photomode, I thought GT5 didn't come with these adjustments but someone pointed them out to me as another sub menu. My super quick Gallardo:

My R8 V10 w/V8 motor modeled in, we all already know the oopsy that PD did on this one :P

And lastly (for now), my BMW E92 M3 slightly modded on BBS LM-R sex wheels

Not sure if it was mentioned on here but I know Forza got some flack for swapping out models in certain modes. I think I came across the exact same thing in GT5. You guys will see later what I came across by accident. Long story short... a closeup of the BBS LM-R premium wheel in photo mode from a race has the bolts as a simple 2D texture but in the premium photo travel mode the bolts and wheel center is fully modeled.
I'm a BBS wheel whore so I was only taking some pics. Those who have me on my PSN list know my GT5 image was the BBS RS wheel closeup so I wasn't specifically looking for this. Don't really care, just pointing it out as it still looks good to me. The M3 above is in race photo mode and you can't make out the 2D bolt texture unless you zoom in on the wheel here.

Yes... premium cars especially on certain tracks look absolutely stunng.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 631
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #403 on: June 23, 2011, 08:40:41 AM »
those pictures look cool from the game.    always did like that photo mode for those games!

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #404 on: June 23, 2011, 09:12:05 AM »
The do look great and sometimes standards look good too but when you see a premium car image and then a standard... you start asking questions.

The interesting part is when you see the BBS LM-R wheel image I was talking about. In photomode from a race replay you don't see bolts modeled and it's all a simple 2D texture/image slapped onto the face of the wheel. In photo travel mode, that super detailed photomode, it seems the wheel bolt 2D file gets replaced with actual modeled bolts and whatnot. This was the very same exact thing that SDF and PD elite fanboiz were chastizing the shit out of Forza for... where in game models are being swapped out for better models for photo modes.