Author Topic: EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access  (Read 8402 times)

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 608
    • Video Game Rumors
Re: EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2014, 08:54:21 AM »
Good stuff..

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 726
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 12:26:32 PM »
I guess I'm gonna have to contact Microsoft.  Or just wait until this is available to everyone.  Since the beta is in Boba Trevins name, I have to sign him up for EA Access.  I can access the app with my gamertag, but it asks me for a damn code to start an acct.  Fuckin lame.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2014, 12:35:42 PM »
I guess I'm gonna have to contact Microsoft.  Or just wait until this is available to everyone.  Since the beta is in Boba Trevins name, I have to sign him up for EA Access.  I can access the app with my gamertag, but it asks me for a damn code to start an acct.  Fuckin lame.
Jesus.. I can't believe he got the invite before your tag did!   

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2014, 05:48:49 PM »
EA Access, the recently announced Xbox One subscription program from Battlefield and Mass Effect publisher Electronic Arts, is a "game-changer," according to Microsoft.

"That was announced last week as well and is very much a game-changer," senior Xbox evangelist Jeff Rubenstein said during Major Nelson's latest podcast.

An EA Access subscription is $5/month or $30/year and lets you play any game in "The Vault" for as long as your subscription is active. You also get a 10 percent discount on EA digital games and content, as well as access to upcoming games five days before they are released. Rubenstein also shed some additional light on this last point during the podcast, saying that early access to upcoming EA games will offer "at least two hours" of gameplay. In addition, he said he thinks "pretty much every [upcoming EA] game" will be available to play ahead of time if you're a subscriber.

According to the official EA Access FAQ, early access for upcoming EA games will vary by game. For some games, you'll be able to play one mode for a limited time, while other games will allow you to play a full version for a limited time. In all cases, if you decide to buy the game when it is released, your progress will be saved, allowing you to pick up where you left off.

When asked for greater clarity on the limitations for EA Access trial games, an EA representative told GameSpot, "Each EA Access trial will be different and the amount of time you have with each free trial will differ depending on the game."

EA Access is currently in beta on Xbox One, with a public release date to be announced soon. As for why EA Access is only available on Xbox One and not PlayStation 4, Sony said last week that it did not think the service offered the kind of value PlayStation fans have come to expect.

The first four games confirmed for The Vault are FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, and Battlefield 4. More will be added in the future, and might includes titles like EA Sports UFC, Need for Speed Rivals, and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, if box art featured on the EA Access is anything to go on. Earlier this week, EA COO Peter Moore promised that the company will not remove games from The Vault.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-access-on-xbox-one-is-a-game-changer-microsoft-/1100-6421601/

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2014, 09:11:10 AM »
EA Access for everyone now!   Get in that shit Voltan!!!

Join EA Access Today on Xbox One

Get ready to play the best of EA.  EA Access, a new way to play great EA games, is now available exclusively for Xbox One owners. We launched this new program just a few weeks ago to a limited beta group and now we’re excited to bring this to the broader Xbox One community today.

For only $4.99 a month (or $29.99 for a full year), members have the ability to download and play some of our fan favorite Xbox One games in The Vault. Available today we have a superb collection of games ready to download: experience the action of Battlefield 4, get in the game with FIFA 14 and Madden NFL 25, and see why Peggle™ 2 is one of the most beloved puzzle games. The Vault will evolve with games joining the collection over time so you’ll always have something fun to play.

As a member, you’ll also have the opportunity to try new EA games five days before the release date. Get ready to jump into Madden NFL 15, FIFA 15, NHL® 15 and Dragon Age™: Inquisition by downloading the game before the release date and playing for a limited time. And if you want to keep playing? Your progress in the trial will be saved so you can pick up right where you left off if you decide to purchase the game.

Digital purchases of EA games for Xbox One, downloadable content and virtual currency made available on Xbox Live will be 10% off for EA Access members*. So if you liked what you played during your early trial, you can purchase the game for your collection at a 10% discount as soon as it’s released. It also means purchases of Digital Expansion Packs and Battlepacks in Battlefield or new packs in FIFA Ultimate Team are all 10% off.

It’s just $4.99 to check out all the great benefits of EA Access, and this is only the beginning. Get started now! 
http://www.ea.com/news/join-ea-access-today-on-xbox-one

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »
If this is available why cant i find it
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 601
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2014, 11:07:57 AM »
Nice, I'll sign up soon.

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 12:41:20 PM »
EA Access for everyone now!   Get in that shit Voltan!!!

Join EA Access Today on Xbox One

Get ready to play the best of EA.  EA Access, a new way to play great EA games, is now available exclusively for Xbox One owners. We launched this new program just a few weeks ago to a limited beta group and now we’re excited to bring this to the broader Xbox One community today.

For only $4.99 a month (or $29.99 for a full year), members have the ability to download and play some of our fan favorite Xbox One games in The Vault. Available today we have a superb collection of games ready to download: experience the action of Battlefield 4, get in the game with FIFA 14 and Madden NFL 25, and see why Peggle™ 2 is one of the most beloved puzzle games. The Vault will evolve with games joining the collection over time so you’ll always have something fun to play.

As a member, you’ll also have the opportunity to try new EA games five days before the release date. Get ready to jump into Madden NFL 15, FIFA 15, NHL® 15 and Dragon Age™: Inquisition by downloading the game before the release date and playing for a limited time. And if you want to keep playing? Your progress in the trial will be saved so you can pick up right where you left off if you decide to purchase the game.

Digital purchases of EA games for Xbox One, downloadable content and virtual currency made available on Xbox Live will be 10% off for EA Access members*. So if you liked what you played during your early trial, you can purchase the game for your collection at a 10% discount as soon as it’s released. It also means purchases of Digital Expansion Packs and Battlepacks in Battlefield or new packs in FIFA Ultimate Team are all 10% off.

It’s just $4.99 to check out all the great benefits of EA Access, and this is only the beginning. Get started now! 
http://www.ea.com/news/join-ea-access-today-on-xbox-one

I'm baby! I'M IN!!!

Gonna have to delete more games just so I can play FIFA 14.  I really need to get a damn 2 or 3 TB external asap.

I don't see Madden 15 anywhere though.  Is it out for EA Access members?

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 02:38:34 PM »
If this is available why cant i find it
I think it's in the apps area.

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 02:40:53 PM »
They finally added it, it wasnt up till 2 hours after they anounced it was
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline SadisticKeith

• Learn to Play Moderator
  • Founding Father
  • In the Showtime for Free, Wolfpack.
  • Showtime Karma: 543
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2014, 10:22:55 PM »
After they actually have a "vault" of games I may seriously consider this.
This my BOOMSTICK!

"Oh, that's just what we call 'pillow talk' baby, that's all"

Ash

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2014, 03:30:21 AM »
Fucking EA. Would have been nice to know this when they announced the service.

As well as offering a library of EA titles to browse and play for $4.99/£3.99 a month or $29.99 a year, EA Access also gives its subscribers early access to games ahead of release. However, it seems that this might not work in the way you might have hoped, as EA has confirmed that early access to Madden NFL 15 will be restricted to "six gameplay hours".

Announced via the EA Access Twitter account, what the limit of "six gameplay hours" refers to exactly is unclear, but we'd hope that it's actual time playing the game itself, rather than fiddling in menus and what not. EA Access members will get the Madden NFL 15 trial five days ahead of the game's launch on August 26th in the US and August 29th in Europe.

Early access to games via the EA Access service will essentially mean having the chance to trial "at least two hours" of the game in question, Microsoft's Jeff Rubenstein revealed in a podcast, but this is the first official indication of an actual early access time limit. No purchase is required for access to the game trial, but should players want to transfer their save data to the full game, they can. However, this early access trial for EA Access members means there'll be no Madden NFL 15 demo.

EA Access is available exclusively on Xbox One, offering a library of games that include FIFA 14, EA Sports UFC, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Battlefield 4 without the need for an Xbox Live Gold subscription (unless you want to play online, of course). Expect to see the Madden NFL 15 early access trial later this week.

[Via GameSpot]

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-19024-EA-Access-Will-Limit-Early-Access-Trial-For-Madden-NFL-15-To-Six-Hours.html

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 529
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2014, 06:27:00 AM »
That's pretty lame.
Dusto
dustoman [at] gmail [dot] com

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 06:27:10 AM »
Ya I saw this and still don't have a problem with it.   6 hours of gameplay is almost half a season of the franchise mode for me.. so that's cool to me.  I've never come close to playing 6 hours of the Madden demo in the past with just the 2 past super bowl teams/no options and like what?  5 minute quarters or something?

Meh.. I'm ok with it.  Maybe if a lot of people are upset though, hopefully they'll change it and come up with another plan for it.   So far I've way gotten my moneys worth playing FIFA 14 and Peggle 2.  The boys love that game.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 622
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 09:14:07 AM »
Fucking EA. Would have been nice to know this when they announced the service.

As well as offering a library of EA titles to browse and play for $4.99/£3.99 a month or $29.99 a year, EA Access also gives its subscribers early access to games ahead of release. However, it seems that this might not work in the way you might have hoped, as EA has confirmed that early access to Madden NFL 15 will be restricted to "six gameplay hours".

Announced via the EA Access Twitter account, what the limit of "six gameplay hours" refers to exactly is unclear, but we'd hope that it's actual time playing the game itself, rather than fiddling in menus and what not. EA Access members will get the Madden NFL 15 trial five days ahead of the game's launch on August 26th in the US and August 29th in Europe.

Early access to games via the EA Access service will essentially mean having the chance to trial "at least two hours" of the game in question, Microsoft's Jeff Rubenstein revealed in a podcast, but this is the first official indication of an actual early access time limit. No purchase is required for access to the game trial, but should players want to transfer their save data to the full game, they can. However, this early access trial for EA Access members means there'll be no Madden NFL 15 demo.

EA Access is available exclusively on Xbox One, offering a library of games that include FIFA 14, EA Sports UFC, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Battlefield 4 without the need for an Xbox Live Gold subscription (unless you want to play online, of course). Expect to see the Madden NFL 15 early access trial later this week.

[Via GameSpot]

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-19024-EA-Access-Will-Limit-Early-Access-Trial-For-Madden-NFL-15-To-Six-Hours.html

You mean to say that EA can't be trusted? I'm shocked!

Let's hope there isn't more upsetting news about EA Access in the future.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.