Author Topic: EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access  (Read 8948 times)

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 601
EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access
« on: July 29, 2014, 09:05:53 AM »
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/29/ea-announces-subscription-service-on-xbox-one-ea-access

Today, EA revealed EA Access, an Xbox One-exclusive subscription service that grants players access to EA's so-called Vault.
Subscribing to EA Access will cost $4.99 a month (or $30 a year), and since the program is technically in beta, only four games will initially be available: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, and Battlefield 4, "with more titles being added soon."

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 09:17:33 AM »
So if you have this subscription.. we get to "have" all those games?  Hmmm... could be interesting.

edit.. read more.  this is going to be an awesome deal.  I'm in!

Today we’re revealing a new way for gamers to play more EA games. This is something we’ve never done before and we’re excited to share it with you.

We have partnered with Microsoft to deliver EA Access, an all-new monthly (or annual) membership for gamers exclusively on Xbox One that starts at just $4.99 a month. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of players today, but it will launch for everyone on Xbox One soon. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to make it easier for gamers to play more EA games across all platforms, and we are excited about what EA Access will offer to players on Xbox One.

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play.  During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Access is a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:

Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*

Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.*  It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE®.

Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada.

Excited to check it out? EA Access will launch on Xbox One soon. You will find more information on the program at the EA Access website. Be sure to follow EA Access on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:21:57 AM by miDnIghtEr20C »

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 601
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 09:31:30 AM »
Seems like a very good deal plus the 10% off digital games is pretty nice also.

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 11:31:33 AM »
Probally a good deal for people who wanna play older games but seems to me as a way to get people to buy digital downloads more that cant be traded in cutting into the used market. hence early access a perk to buy digitaly and 10% another. 10% is not that big of a deal because EA games are on sales all the time. But smart move by them as i might do it for one month to get Madden early even t hough i wont be able to trade in down the road. Ill have to debate it.
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline SadisticKeith

• Learn to Play Moderator
  • Founding Father
  • In the Showtime for Free, Wolfpack.
  • Showtime Karma: 543
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 01:56:55 PM »
Doesn't seem like a bad idea. I'll pass though because I don't play a lot of EA games. Just Battlefield and Madden (Not sure I give a shit about any new Madden games anymore either).
This my BOOMSTICK!

"Oh, that's just what we call 'pillow talk' baby, that's all"

Ash

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 03:03:53 PM »
Hell ya!  I'm already in it!

Dear miDnIghtEr20C,
First off, thanks for previewing Xbox One updates. You're an important part of Xbox One, and we value your feedback. So much so that we want your thoughts on something new.
Today we're writing to let you know about EA Access announced today by EA. EA Access is a subscription product created by the teams at Microsoft and EA, and it's exclusive to Xbox One!
EA Access members receive the following benefits: Access to The Vault, a collection of EA’s best games ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4, with more to be added soon.
Play upcoming EA titles five days before the release date through exclusive trials.
Enjoy discounts on EA titles and DLC.
As a member of the Xbox One Preview, you are getting a first look at EA Access. You'll receive an Xbox Live message on your console with a code to download the EA Access Hub app, and there'll be some quests and surveys available in the Xbox Preview Dashboard app. (Note: While you can download and browse the EA Access Hub app for free, you'll need to purchase a EA Access subscription to enjoy all the benefits.)
Enjoy and let us know what you think!
Emily Hanson
Program Manager, Xbox Preview Program

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 06:27:11 PM »
I'm in.  Downloaded the app... bought  a Year of it.. I'm going to download Madden and FIFA now!  Ya boy!  Look forward to all the other benefits as well, and to see what games come my way.  I might be getting that Plants vs Zombies yet fellas!

edit..I get 10% off BF DLC as well.  Interesting.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 06:30:37 PM by miDnIghtEr20C »

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 07:44:46 AM »
Sony strikes back with sour grapes!  I love the comment about PS+ growing by 200%.  Ya... you think?  Maybe because you need that now to play online this gen for them?  Ha.   :smiley-sport029:

Following EA’s announcement of the company’s new subscription program, Access, we were curious about it being tied only to Xbox One. We reached out to Sony for clarification, and it seems like PlayStation 4 owners shouldn’t hold their breath for the program.

“We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,” a Sony representative told us via email. “PlayStation Plus memberships are up more than 200% since the launch of PlayStation 4, which shows that gamers are looking for memberships that offer a multitude of services, across various devices, for one low price. We don’t think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer.”

EA's Access program costs $5 per month or $30 per year and offers discounts to members, free (while membership is active) catalog titles, and pre-release access to game trials up to five days in advance. The program is in beta now, with Xbox One preview members getting first access yesterday evening. FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, and Battlefield 4 kick off the program as free-with-membership titles.

While Sony could certainly change its mind down the line, we don’t expect that to happen any time soon. For more on EA Access, check out yesterday’s coverage.

Our Take
While EA Access might not be coming to PS4, I wouldn’t necessarily count out the publisher’s games in PS Plus. There is still value for EA there, especially as those free-with-membership games have great potential to move the needle for DLC that has long since dropped down the sales chart.

This also doesn't mean that Sony can't change its mind later. If demand is great enough and value increases, EA Access could migrate over down the road. For now though, this is a clear statement that PS4 players shouldn't hold their breath for the program.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/30/sony-ea-access-doesn_2700_t-represent-good-value-to-the-playstation-gamer.aspx

Offline SadisticKeith

• Learn to Play Moderator
  • Founding Father
  • In the Showtime for Free, Wolfpack.
  • Showtime Karma: 543
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 11:25:43 PM »
Sony sucks now. I remember when they ruled school. Back in the day EVERYTHING I owned was a Sony.
This my BOOMSTICK!

"Oh, that's just what we call 'pillow talk' baby, that's all"

Ash

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 09:20:45 AM »
I'm telling you... It feels like a good deal so far.  I'm really enjoying Fifa.   Dude crunches some numbers here...

Pricing:
----======----
XBL Gold 1-year: $59.99
EA Access 1-year: $29.99
Total Cost: $89.98 before taxes (lets just round to 90 bucks)

----======----
Benefits:
----======----

Xbox Live Gold:

48 Free Games per year (24 for X360, 24 for XB1), with possibilities of additional freebies periodically. (note: 48 may not be entirely accurate, as the 2 game per month trend on XB1 isn't set in stone as far as I can tell. Let's run with this assumption anyway.)
Access to Online Multiplayer
Exclusive Discounts with Deals with Gold (percentages vary)
Parties and Party Chat
Smart Match
Home Gold
Game DVR Cloud Storage
Upload Studio
Xbox Fitness

Perceived Value: Varies based on retail price of free games and services at time of availability. Let's assume that every game given out free averages to around $10.00 if purchased individually via the XBL Digital Market (seems about right looking at recent freebies). $10.00 x 48 = $480.00

----======----
EA Access:

Access to "Vault" Games For free as long as subscription is current. (prices listed reflect current XBL digital marketplace prices)
Battlefield 4: $59.99
Madden 25: $59.99
Fifa 14: $59.99
Peggle 2: $11.99
Additional benefits:
10% Discount to new games and DLC via digital download
Early Access to EA Releases by 1 Week
Try-it Before you Buy-It Service for EA Releases
Additional perks as ecosystem evolves

Perceived Value: Based purely on Vault games due to listed price being constant, and assuming all four games are utilized by the subscriber: ($60 x 3) + $12 = $192.00

----======----
Totals, provided the subscriber utilizes all features/freebies:
----======----

Overall Price: $90
Overall Value $192.00 + $480.00 = $672.00
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2c8kbk/number_crunching_xbl_gold_ea_access/

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 727
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 11:13:34 AM »
I'm telling you... It feels like a good deal so far.  I'm really enjoying Fifa.   Dude crunches some numbers here...

Pricing:
----======----
XBL Gold 1-year: $59.99
EA Access 1-year: $29.99
Total Cost: $89.98 before taxes (lets just round to 90 bucks)

----======----
Benefits:
----======----

Xbox Live Gold:

48 Free Games per year (24 for X360, 24 for XB1), with possibilities of additional freebies periodically. (note: 48 may not be entirely accurate, as the 2 game per month trend on XB1 isn't set in stone as far as I can tell. Let's run with this assumption anyway.)
Access to Online Multiplayer
Exclusive Discounts with Deals with Gold (percentages vary)
Parties and Party Chat
Smart Match
Home Gold
Game DVR Cloud Storage
Upload Studio
Xbox Fitness

Perceived Value: Varies based on retail price of free games and services at time of availability. Let's assume that every game given out free averages to around $10.00 if purchased individually via the XBL Digital Market (seems about right looking at recent freebies). $10.00 x 48 = $480.00

----======----
EA Access:

Access to "Vault" Games For free as long as subscription is current. (prices listed reflect current XBL digital marketplace prices)
Battlefield 4: $59.99
Madden 25: $59.99
Fifa 14: $59.99
Peggle 2: $11.99
Additional benefits:
10% Discount to new games and DLC via digital download
Early Access to EA Releases by 1 Week
Try-it Before you Buy-It Service for EA Releases
Additional perks as ecosystem evolves

Perceived Value: Based purely on Vault games due to listed price being constant, and assuming all four games are utilized by the subscriber: ($60 x 3) + $12 = $192.00

----======----
Totals, provided the subscriber utilizes all features/freebies:
----======----

Overall Price: $90
Overall Value $192.00 + $480.00 = $672.00
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2c8kbk/number_crunching_xbl_gold_ea_access/

I'd sign up and pay that $30 right now today if I had access to it.  Not sure what's been keeping me out of these betas this gen. 

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 11:40:42 AM »
i'll send out more invites again like i did on that new app it has for us.   i'm not sure what the deal is either.  check spam folder?

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 01:54:11 PM »
i'll send out more invites again like i did on that new app it has for us.   i'm not sure what the deal is either.  check spam folder?

Yeah, I've been checking everything. :(

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 08:05:19 PM »
@VOLTAN I just got done inviting you, your two boys.. szabada, gibblets, brock , redrain, master x, dusto and a couple others.  it said you should hear from them shortly.   but that's what it said last time too.

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 02:41:27 AM »
@VOLTAN I just got done inviting you, your two boys.. szabada, gibblets, brock , redrain, master x, dusto and a couple others.  it said you should hear from them shortly.   but that's what it said last time too.

Thanks brudda. I'll keep my eyes peeled.