Author Topic: PlayStation Now beta update adds pricing details – Our sources share their knowl  (Read 998 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
As many of you may be aware, Sony’s new game-streaming service, PlayStation Now, which allows for players to stream games to their PS4/PS3/PSVita via their broadband internet connection, is currently in closed beta. As you may also be aware, members lucky enough to get en under a strict NDA. Luckily, those of us at PS4Daily know a few people on the inside, and they’re itching to get the latest details out to the players.

Of the newest features added to the beta, our sources have shared new info on some of PlayStation Now’s pricing and rental period specifics. In regards to pricing, titles in the lowest price range will begin at $2.99, with titles going all the way up to $29.99. Additionally, rental periods are currently set for as short as 4 hours, and go as high as 90 days. It is worth noting that the prices are set by the publisher, so not all games/rental periods will treated as equals.

If you’re looking for specifics, Saints Row, for example, currently has two rental options: 4 hours for $4.99 and 90 days for $29.99. They also have “newer” titles, such as Final Fantasy XIII-2, but nothing from any of the trade shows that we’ve seen so far.

ps-vita-remote-play-with-ps4

Our source made it abundantly clear to remind our readers that PSNow rentals are available across all PS Now capable devices. So while these prices may seem outrageous, the service is meant to allow you to play games not only on your console, but on your TV and such, should you have the specific hardware that such streaming requires. (Aka, a Sony Bravia TV.)

Open beta for PlayStation Now begins at the end of July for PS4 users, with PS3 and Vita users receiving access to the beta at a later date. The service will launch with a catalogue of over 100 PS3 titles, and there is currently no plan to offer Vita and/or PS4 titles, but they may offer PS1 and PS2 games at a later date. To hear about the services specifics before anyone else, keep your attention right here.
http://ps4daily.com/2014/06/playstation-now-beta-updates-outed/

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
$5 for 4 hours? GTFO!!!! LOL.. posting on HDD..

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Oh it's terrible.  Some of the worst pricing I've ever seen.

Offline PocketNYC

• Founding Father
  • Keeping it real...Real special.
  • Showtime Karma: 227
    • In my mind
Who got in the beta?
Someone told me I'm weird, yet again they hunt defenseless animals as a hobby.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
Oh it's terrible.  Some of the worst pricing I've ever seen.

To my understanding, that's 4 hours of play time, not bought at noon and done at 4pm. They need to check their pricing model like a mofo though if they want this to succeed though.