Author Topic: E3 2014 Sony Press Conference, Caine's Notes  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
E3 2014 Sony Press Conference, Caine's Notes
« on: June 09, 2014, 07:00:43 PM »
Warning, all these notes were taken during watching the conference and are very rough, I attempted to gather as much relevant and important information as possible, the format is very rough, and I may have missed some things, otherwise enjoy. There is a possibility I'll clean it up later but don't count on it.

Sony Press Conference 2014

604 starts:

Destiny

Open Planet Mars, 3 astros with balistic weapons walk on surface, zoom out, speak of terraforming, bulding galaxy for the better etc, great darkness, it finds us, end of everything, until a halo cube looking thing "found you", Only a few "carry the light" and "have the strength to fight the darkness", "You are our last hope", "of you fail we're fucked" tropes, flashy action sequences, looks somewhat MMOish in play, firefights/fps stuff as well,

Andrew House President and Group CEO of Sony Online Entertainment takes stage: fluff, vision, buzzwords, fluff, "higher visual quality" jab,

July 17th Destiny Beta on PS4

This Thursday thru weekend, PS4 can play "First Look Alpha"

White PS4 Destiny Bundle Sept 9 2014, 500GB 30day PS+ White Controller

612 New IP PS4 exlusive

The Order: 1886

Footage shown looks kinda like steampunk Dead Space, good lighting and detail, no confirmation that it is gameplay, shown presumable gameplay, graphics still great, lighting is amazing, texture quality is through the roof, man being hunted by ome sort of zombie werewolf hybrid?,

Entwined

616 Pretty, artsy stuff remeniscent of Flow, Indie stuff, about two souls in love who can't be together a bird and a fish, guiding two chars at once, living paintbrush, artsy fartsy stuff

Scott Rhode takes stage: Entwined Availble today 9.99 on PS4 coming to PS3 and Vita

Suckerpunch new standalone DLC for Infamous Second Son, does not require ISS, exlusive content if you do though

trailer opens up on Miss Walker, presumably being interogated or debreifed by government agency

Infamous: Fist Light August 2014

621: Little Big Planet 3

Gameplay shown, looks like prettier LBP, new powerups, new friend Oddsock, Oddsock can walljump, faster than Sackboy, new friend Toggle, bigger and stronger, pushes blocks, can become smallest and fit in small spots, New Char Swoop (a bird), Swoop can (shocker) fly, and lift platforms, gameplay is live as the presenters are struggling, Sackboy can now climb, Swoop can carry smaller characters, foreground and background platforms,

Followed by trailer montage of levels and such, pretty, colorful, coming November

628: Shuhei Yoshida takes stage, LBP fluff, stats of things made by players, fluff,

630: Bloodborne, From Software, Dark City Streets, prerendered? girtty dark bloody, great lighting, (has to be prerendered), looks like a victorian london dark souls? coming 2015

633: Frycry 4 Alexander Hutchison takes stage, Confirmed takes place in Kyrat, walking along mountain pass, graphics on would suspect from farcry, colorful, great draw distances, lighting, etc, log texture is a bit week, grappling hook allowing virticality?, major composite crossbow, Kicks barrel with atttached c4, mayham, small smg, hopes in jeep, driving look like far cry driving, tassle texture is meh, local radio is local radio perusual, jumps from jeep to truck, rockslide, bails out, wingsuit, nice open view of landscape, Enter Ratu Gaudi, elephants, Second Player Joins seemlessly?, Gyrocopter with BAR LMG on it, takes on fortress, mayham, elephants join in, fortress liberated

639: Adam Boyes Takes Stage, Can invite ps3/ps4 friends to join you even if they don't own the game, Sony Exlusive option,

Fan letters, zombies, fluff,

Dead Island 2: Deep Silver (studio), Bright Colorful, ala Southern California, dood jogging, girl behind gets taken out, mayham behind, onlivious, man was bitten, begins to transform, becomes zombie, looks like a poor blue screen effect with live action for what reason??? dood runs over and steals his kicks, end 643 30 days exclusive beta and level

Diablo III ultimate Evil Edition includes Last Of Us characters

back to fluff,

Battlefield Hardline recap (beta stuff at EA con)

644: BF Hardline Trailer, general montage of mayham

Disney Infinity (Exclusives? Hulk?)

Destiny in game content exlusives,

647: Magika 2: paradox interacgtive exclusive PS4, user created open world game? live action trailer, mage dood in rob bumbles arround appartment, play video game footage on reel, kills cat, can't find job, shows gameplay, coloful but not super impressive

more fluff.... kids letter, bring back Tim Schafer's back from the dead,

650: Doublefine in tandem with 3rd party will bring back Grim Fandango, exlusive to PS4 and PS Vita, (due to good relations with disney???)

Devolver make console DEBUT exclusive on ps4(some ps4/vita, Broforce, Titan Souls, Not A Hero, Hotline Miami Wrong Number, Croteam's The Talas Principle (looked very portal like)

653: More letters (wtf is with this theme??? we listen to the fans??) Suda51 Let It Die exlusive PS4: Dark gritty, half naked dude in bane mask, brutal homemade weapons, looks very manhunterish, live action trailer, Let It Die 2015

655: Giant Squid (Studio) new IP: Abzu, underwater, watercolorish looking, seems like "Journey Under The Sea",  exclusive console "debut" on PS4

Wall of indies shown

657: We listen to the fans fluff

Console "Debut" on PS4, No Man's Sky  more footage, looks great, wildlife, lot more stuff going on in trailer presumeably in engine? perhaps just concept, looks better than ever

Sean Murray founder takes stage, procedural and infinite classic sci fi universe, no two players will have the same experiance, infinite to the level that they don't know what's out there,

704: Andrew House takes stage, fluff, ps camera "as a choice" jab fluff, Morpheous, used in conjuction with ps camera, demos on floor of e3 at booth, fluff

706: Shawn Layden Pres CEO SCEA: fluff, fluff, pander, fluff, buzzwords, fluff,

PSN: fluff, sharing, fluff, fluff stas, hours played, 95% connected, multi sessions, 220m share captures, fluff, youtube coming to PS4, capture video straight to youtube, sharing fluff, YAWN!!!

Free to Play: "dedicated to making playstation best destination for free to play games" 25 FTP games coming in 12 months, Kindgdom Underfire, Planetside2, War THunder,

Free To Play Trailer

"Free to play means FREE to play on entry"
Montage
"*Certain Features availble for a fee"

"Free to play what more do I have to say?"

Playstation Now: Service Availble in US and Canda July 31st open beta for PS4, shortly after availble on PS3 and Vita, Can play PSNow on sony smart tvs

more than 300 (sp??) hundred games

testing rental ranges and prices

Remote Play Vita, quick access to PS4 games, 100 of games coming to vita, minecraft "Full console experiance with co-op",

Launching in Fall US CA Euro this fall PSTV

let's ps4 games on other tv in home through remote play, PSNow, play most vita titles, ps1 and ps3 classics, disney infinity 2, nearly 1000 games PSTV will have at launch, availble for $99

Bundle $139 comes with dualshock 3, usb, memorycard, lego game

Gameplay Footage world premeier Mortal Kombat X, looks like new shiny MK, still has bone break sequences, slow mo and what not

724: House Takes stage: TV, Music, Netflix, Music Unlimited, exclusive tv content coming to ps4, taylored to gamers

Powers based on graphic novel of same name,

Brian Michael Bendis takes stage: Powers has been greenlit 2 seasons, plot synopsys, former hero lost powers, now super hero investigator, super heroes in real life, in production, currently casting, concept art, availble in US in December

730: Bringing value to PS+ fluff fluff stats fluff, Powers is Free to + users,

Rachet and Clank The Movie: looks nearly pixar quality, probably a fun romp, coming to thaters 2015

Movie and game coming first half 2015

733: Last of Us Remastered, trailer contains spoilers! looks prettier July 29 2014

0735: Kojima, MGSV Phantom Pain trailer, it's a kojima trailer allright, pretty and such, (sorry I don't know f-all about MG and wont pretend to, probably means a lot to those who do care), lots of characters shown, probably major squee's from fans

Grand Theft Auto 5 coming to PS4, footage captured on ps4, coming this fall, enhancements and new features, can transfer from ps3 and 360 to ps4

742: Batman Arkham Knight trailer (the one that was pused back recently) gameplay footage, looks good, nice textures, lighting, batmobile looks fun, (lotta batmobile driving), batmobile transforms into omnidirectional tank, has cannons on it, blows up tanks, launches out, classic rock steady batman gameplay, penguin, scarcrow, PS4 comes with exclusive scarcrow content

747: One last thing, Trailer Captured using PS4, Naughtydog presents, Uncharted 4: A Theif's End, looks the way one would expect it would, meaning damned fucking good Coming 2015

749: Game Montage Out

Sony was highly unfocused, while they did have to talk about PSNow (and failed to tell us what we really wanted to know about it), and it makes sense to speak briefly about Project Morpheus, it just seemed so damned unfocused, when they were in game mode, they were stronger than MS, however, much of the show was disjointed, lots of exclusive content deals, not a lot of exclusive games coming out before 2015, this conference has me puzzled as to what to grade it, the others were very cut in dry in my mind what they were, I'm going to have to go with a C. The way they portrayed their message was just too all over the place. They could have covered all the same content they did in a much better way.

Final Word, Grade: C

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: E3 2014 Sony Press Conference, Caine's Notes
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 10:43:23 PM »
I gave them a solid B.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 07:31:48 AM »
Fair warning peeps, this one is gonna be a bitch to clean up, I want to, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Offline SadisticKeith

• Learn to Play Moderator
  • Founding Father
  • In the Showtime for Free, Wolfpack.
  • Showtime Karma: 544
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 02:37:02 PM »
Far Cry 4 should be awesome! I LOVED Far Cry 3.
This my BOOMSTICK!

"Oh, that's just what we call 'pillow talk' baby, that's all"

Ash

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 09:48:50 AM »

I'm sure it will be solid.

Please tell me you played Blood Dragon!

Offline SadisticKeith

• Founding Father
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 05:11:34 PM »

Unfortunately I did not.
This my BOOMSTICK!

Ash

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 03:01:20 PM »

Unfortunately I did not.

WTF is wrong with you!? Dood... DOOD!!!! sigh... Michael Biehn at his finest!

Offline SadisticKeith

• Founding Father
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 10:39:25 AM »

Unfortunately I did not.

WTF is wrong with you!? Dood... DOOD!!!! sigh... Michael Biehn at his finest!

I wanted to but I never had the extra cash. And then I traded in my 360 for XB1 games and stuff.
This my BOOMSTICK!

Ash