Author Topic: Colorado's recreational marijuana stores make history  (Read 4340 times)

Offline Averry

• Founding Father
  • All First Team
  • Showtime Karma: 235
Re: Colorado's recreational marijuana stores make history
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 06:10:03 PM »

These are all things I basically mentioned. !

Are you high? Haha

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 11:19:34 PM »

Are you high? Haha

All things you basically mentioned... what?  I said there was a way to test if a person is high at the actual time of testing.  You didn't say that.  That is a way to tell if the crane operator was high at the time.  But this method is for Police.  As they want to crack down on people driving High.  I'm sure employers can get it too. 

Lets see if I can find a link or something...

And you bet your sweet ass, if California legalizes pot this WILL happen.  Probably before it's even legalized. 

Well there is this thingy here,
http://www.narcocheck.com/en/saliva-drug-tests/thc-marijuana-saliva-test.html

And then there is this article.  Not a reputable source but hey, you'll get the gist of it.

A new study published in the journal Clinical Chemistry  suggests roadside breath testing is effective at catching stoned drivers without ensnaring potheads who smoked the previous day, reports the Huffington Post.

Study participants were given standardized marijuana joints, then tested using a breathalyzer. In all cases, researchers were able to determine THC levels without detecting carboxy-THC, a molecule that gets stored in the body’s fat cells and can trigger a positive blood test weeks after smoking pot. Many people are concerned that roadside blood tests for pot may inadvertenly catch medical patients—who often consume more pot than their recreational cohorts—or occasional tokers who imbibed in previous days.

But the study indicates such false positives aren’t a problem if police test drivers’ breath and not their blood. Of course, it will be significantly easier for law enforcement to administer roadside breath tests than to extract detainee blood during a traffic stop. Almost all blood tests are administered by health professionals after police haul suspected dope-drunk drivers to a hospital.

Earlier this year, Swedish researchers reported that, using a commercially-available breath sampler, they were able to detect a range of illegal drugs that might have been consumed by a testee, including cannabis, cocaine, methamphetamine, and prescription drugs. For years the cannabis breathalyzer has been coming soon—since 1982 even—but the device has never seen commercial success or been widely deployed. With pot now legal in the states of Colorado and Washington, both states now have marijuana DUI laws on the books, so expect that to change.

http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/2013/10/23/roadside-pot-breathalyzer-coming-soon/

Offline Vapor

• 2011-2012 Showtime for Free Pick 'em Champion
  • Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 317
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 03:10:28 PM »

Are you high? Haha

All things you basically mentioned... what?  I said there was a way to test if a person is high at the actual time of testing.  You didn't say that.  That is a way to tell if the crane operator was high at the time.  But this method is for Police.  As they want to crack down on people driving High.  I'm sure employers can get it too. 

And you bet your sweet ass, if California legalizes pot this WILL happen.  Probably before it's even legalized. 

And then there is this article.  Not a reputable source but hey, you'll get the gist of it.

A new study published in the journal Clinical Chemistry  suggests roadside breath testing is effective at catching stoned drivers without ensnaring potheads who smoked the previous day, reports the Huffington Post.

Study participants were given standardized marijuana joints, then tested using a breathalyzer. In all cases, researchers were able to determine THC levels without detecting carboxy-THC, a molecule that gets stored in the body’s fat cells and can trigger a positive blood test weeks after smoking pot. Many people are concerned that roadside blood tests for pot may inadvertenly catch medical patients—who often consume more pot than their recreational cohorts—or occasional tokers who imbibed in previous days.

But the study indicates such false positives aren’t a problem if police test drivers’ breath and not their blood. Of course, it will be significantly easier for law enforcement to administer roadside breath tests than to extract detainee blood during a traffic stop. Almost all blood tests are administered by health professionals after police haul suspected dope-drunk drivers to a hospital.

Earlier this year, Swedish researchers reported that, using a commercially-available breath sampler, they were able to detect a range of illegal drugs that might have been consumed by a testee, including cannabis, cocaine, methamphetamine, and prescription drugs. For years the cannabis breathalyzer has been coming soon—since 1982 even—but the device has never seen commercial success or been widely deployed. With pot now legal in the states of Colorado and Washington, both states now have marijuana DUI laws on the books, so expect that to change.

http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/2013/10/23/roadside-pot-breathalyzer-coming-soon/

and the funny thing is that most people will take the test...same thing with the breath test ..always refuse..call your lawyer
21:07:32 VOLTAN: lotion took he ard black dick straightn up the ole galleys arse, with a +4 roll. biotch

(23:06:28) Szabada: If I had started Tannehill over stupid fuck face Cutler

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 03:46:43 PM »

Are you high? Haha

and the funny thing is that most people will take the test...same thing with the breath test ..always refuse..call your lawyer

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  A refusal to a test here is an admission of guilt.  They take you in.  And then give you a blood test.  If you refuse, you are guilty as high as they can punish you.  Sucks, but it is CA. 

You can say, on what basis do you have to give me a test.  And try all of that stuff.  Try the basis for no reason to pull you over and all of that.  But unless you are actually sober, good luck.

Offline Vapor

• Large Member
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 06:31:47 PM »

Are you high? Haha

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  A refusal to a test here is an admission of guilt.  They take you in.  And then give you a blood test.  If you refuse, you are guilty as high as they can punish you.  Sucks, but it is CA. 

You can say, on what basis do you have to give me a test.  And try all of that stuff.  Try the basis for no reason to pull you over and all of that.  But unless you are actually sober, good luck.

yea I have a feeling all the states have the same type of law.. its the same here..remember your rights they cannot make u take any test for just suspicion and don't say anything..have a good lawyer and 5 grand will get u off of it..or just don't drive fucked up ..haha
21:07:32 VOLTAN: lotion took he ard black dick straightn up the ole galleys arse, with a +4 roll. biotch

Offline Averry

• Founding Father
  • All First Team
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 08:44:50 PM »
Yeah, and I have smoked a bit with different people here and there over the years, so I imagine I've at least gotten a decent swatch of variable strains, and none hit the spot really. I'll get a body buzz which is pleasant, but I get inside my head way to much waiting for it to be over with.

My little brother on the other hand loves it.

Lots of people smoke it. If you want it you can basically get it. It's mostly harmless, in fact far more harmless than alcohol for sure. Legalize it.

Does anyone know what Colorado is doing to appease certain jobs? If your a construction worker who operates a crane for instance, you can't be high or drunk. But alcohol is FAR more transparent than weed, people can hide being high easier, and it stays in the system for a month at a time so testing people doesn't really say if they showed up to the job high or not. I would hope that jobs can still restrict their employees without facing lawsuits, while there are plenty of jobs would frown on it, but dont' care enough to track you.

I had to pass a background check to get my job for instance, but I never had a drug test.

I'm not like.... arguing with you.... was just saying I mentioned that more or less.

Offline Averry

• Founding Father
  • All First Team
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 08:47:27 PM »
And I'm sorry, but some jobs should simply not be performed under any sort of intoxication.

I would much rather see laws on the books to protect people, but if you want to smoke, you're just going to have to do something else.

I guarantee you can work many jobs in the broadcast industry!

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 11:24:07 PM »
Honestly, I don't see how if it is legalized, any jobs would be ok with you coming into work High.  Alcohol is legal, and yet I don't know of any jobs that are openly ok with you coming in drunk.  Yeah, there are many jobs that are "ok" with it, somewhat.  Sort of, but not really.  But none that I can think of who are cool with you coming in tanked. 

And I know you're not arguing with me.  But to say you basically covered what I had stated is rather vague.  I gave a link to a test that can tell if you smoked weed in the past 4-6 hours.  Thats a pretty good start to testing people as they come in for work who are suspected of being high. I gave an answer to your question, in a sense.

Other than that, I don't understand what you're actually talking about.  Of course there is going to be legislation in place as to an employers rights to deal with those who are abusing the legalization of pot.  Just like Alcohol.  You can't have open containers on the streets (almost everywhere) and I'm sure you can't just openly smoke a joint on the streets either. 

The same goes for pain pills and stuff.  Having a pill of a prescription drug like Vicodin (that you are not prescribed) is a felony.  Per pill in possession.  Fuuuuuuck...

Offline Vapor

• Large Member
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 03:13:49 PM »
it will NEVER be legal..live by your own laws and do what you want

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 12:10:03 AM »
it will NEVER be legal..live by your own laws and do what you want
Yeah, I was talking with some guy today at work and its pretty simple.  If you enjoy smoking pot and want to keep smoking pot, you DO NOT want it legalized.  It'll just be taxed and all kinds of laws will develop.  Right now it's just a slap on the wrist.  Just wait until the state is making a ton of money on all of the ways they can enforce it.  Besides taxation. 

Offline Averry

• Founding Father
  • All First Team
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 12:46:52 AM »
I disagree there.

Anyone can grow it. Its a god damned plant. Its obviously not easy to really control right now. Sure its a slap on the wrist for possession alone, but dealing is usually a lot more than that.

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 01:00:24 AM »
I disagree there.

Anyone can grow it. Its a god damned plant. Its obviously not easy to really control right now. Sure its a slap on the wrist for possession alone, but dealing is usually a lot more than that.

Point taken, my point still remains the same.  How many people do you know that have a "dui" because they got high.   If it gets legalized that will change.  It will be enforced up the arrrrrse. 

Alcohol is legal, are you allowed to make your own alcohol?  Not sure about that.   

Maybe they would still make it illegal to grow privately?  I'm sure it would be age restricted.  So if people are just growing it all over how would you prevent minors from getting it?  You would probably need a permit to grow it.  Or something dumb.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:05:31 AM by Szabada »