Author Topic: Minecraft: Xbox One Edition  (Read 4306 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Minecraft: Xbox One Edition
« on: December 21, 2013, 06:53:21 PM »
Oh Snap!  :drinks2:

(Mojang) – “Minecraft: Xbox One Edition” will deliver the Minecraft experience to Xbox One. Building off the hugely successful “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition,” the edition on Xbox One will give players larger maps for bigger adventures, expanded multiplayer features, and feature enhancements powered by the Xbox One platform.
http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/games-the-best-of-2014-on-xbox

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
Re: Minecraft: Xbox One Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 09:11:43 AM »
I miss playing Minecraft.. haven't turned on my X360 since mid-November.. might have to change..

Offline Mojo

• Bringing it strong!
  • Showtime Karma: 361
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 06:45:01 AM »
I'm glad to see they're working on a way to have our 360 maps imported. I really don't want to rebuild my main world all over again.

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 529
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 07:52:05 AM »
Minecraft: Xbox One Edition will be released on Xbox Live Marketplace in August. It brings significantly bigger worlds and a greater draw distance than Xbox 360 Edition.

It will include all the features from the most recent Xbox 360 title update.

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition will cost $19.99.

If you’ve bought Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition from Xbox Live Marketplace, or played online with the disc version, you will be able to upgrade to Xbox One Edition for $4.99.

You will be able to upgrade for a minimum of a year after the release date.

Players with Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition saves will be able to import their worlds to Xbox One. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to transfer saves from Xbox One to Xbox 360. We can make worlds bigger without too much stress, but shrinking them causes all kinds of problems.

Cross platform play will not be possible between Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Many, but not all, of the DLC skins and texture packs you’ve purchased for Xbox 360 Edition will be available for use in Xbox One Edition. We’d like to say all your DLC would transfer, but some of the items are trapped in licensing deals that are too boring to get into here. We’ll have more on this soon.

https://mojang.com/2014/05/minecraft-on-xbox-one-ps4-and-ps-vita-soon/
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:03:12 AM by DustoMan »
Dusto
dustoman [at] gmail [dot] com

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 07:55:35 AM »
Only 5 bucks for those of us who bought it already!  I cannot wait until August for this!

Hello!

We’re finally able to share news about Minecraft on Xbox One, Playstation 4, and Playstation Vita.

Apologies for the delay, but putting Minecraft on new consoles is a serious business. People have been using phrases like “logistically-speaking,” “infinite terrain,” and “platform parity”  for months now.

We’ve decided that letting current players upgrade for a small fee is the best way to show our appreciation. If you’re a new crafter who’s looking to pick up Minecraft in the next few months – welcome!

We hope this post makes you happy!

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition will be released on Xbox Live Marketplace in August. It brings significantly bigger worlds and a greater draw distance than Xbox 360 Edition.
    It will include all the features from the most recent Xbox 360 title update.
    Minecraft: Xbox One Edition will cost $19.99.
    If you’ve bought Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition from Xbox Live Marketplace, or played online with the disc version, you will be able to upgrade to Xbox One Edition for $4.99.
    Players with Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition saves will be able to import their worlds to Xbox One. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to transfer saves from Xbox One to Xbox 360. We can make worlds bigger without too much stress, but shrinking them causes all kinds of problems.
    Cross platform play will not be possible between Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
    Many, but not all, of the DLC skins and texture packs you’ve purchased for Xbox 360 Edition will be available for use in Xbox One Edition. We’d like to say all your DLC would transfer, but some of the items are trapped in licensing deals that are too boring to get into here. We’ll have more on this soon.

Minecraft: Playstation 3 + Vita Edition will be available on the PSN in August.
    It will include all the features from the most recent Playstation 3 version, including online play on Vita.
    This means everyone who has bought Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition from PSN will get it on Vita for free. Those fluent in Sony-speak might refer to the deal as “Cross-buy.”
    We are working closely with Sony Computer Entertainment to look into ways to enable upgrade from the Blu-ray disc version of Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition to Minecraft: Playstation 3 and Vita. We’ll have more info on this closer to release.
    Minecraft: Playstation 3 + Vita Edition will cost $19.99.
    It doesn’t matter if you buy for PS3 or Vita first, you own the game for both platforms.
    Saves are transferrable between the Playstation 3 and Vita versions of Minecraft. You will be able to craft at home on your Playstation 3, then continue on the bus/toilet with your Playstation Vita.
    All of the DLC you’ve purchased for Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition will work on Playstation 3 + Vita Edition.

Minecraft: Playstation 4 Edition will be released on the PSN in August. It brings significantly bigger worlds and a greater draw distance than Playstation 3 + Vita Edition.
    It will include all the features from the most recent Playstation 3 version.
    Minecraft: Playstation 4 Edition will cost $19.99.
    If you’ve bought Playstation 3 Edition from the Playstation Network you will be able to upgrade for $4.99.
    We are working closely with Sony Computer Entertainment to look into ways to enable upgrade from the Blu-ray disc version of Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition to Minecraft: Playstation 4 Edition. We’ll have more info on this closer to release.
    Players with Playstation 3 Edition or Playstation 3 + Vita Edition saves will be able to import their worlds to Playstation 4. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to transfer your saves from Playstation 4 to Playstation 3/Vita. There are technical reasons for this; we can make worlds bigger without too much stress, but shrinking them causes all kinds of problems.
    Cross-platform play will not be possible between Playstation 3 + Vita Edition and Playstation 4 Edition.
    Many, but not all, of the DLC skins and texture packs you’ve purchased for Playstation 3 Edition will be available for use in Playstation 4 Edition. We’d like to say all your DLC would transfer but some of the items are trapped in licensing deals that are too boring to get into here. We’ll have more on this soon.
https://mojang.com/2014/05/minecraft-on-xbox-one-ps4-and-ps-vita-soon/

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 07:57:37 AM »
Sweet!

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 08:00:16 AM »
Transfer from 360 is huge... makes me much more excited for it, after all of the work I put into the game!

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 08:03:15 AM »
I'm surprised MS couldn't get some kind of exclusive on this.. timed or otherwise..

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 529
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 08:13:50 AM »
Transfer from 360 is huge... makes me much more excited for it, after all of the work I put into the game!
I can't believe they are doing it. Knowing what I know from working on the SolisCraft server. The world files are a freaking house of cards. What would be cool, but I doubt there's enough system resources to do it, if you could have the Minecraft game instance running all the time as a background app so you and can pop in on your friends visiting you and pop out to watch TV or play another game. Or better yet... they should allow us to spin up one of those dedicated servers that we are paying a monthly fee for and so long as someone is logged into it every so often they keep the world alive.
Dusto
dustoman [at] gmail [dot] com

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 08:25:19 AM »
That's what I'm hoping.  I want people to be able to come and go and play as they like, without the main World creator having to be on.

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 10:15:22 AM »
Cool, only 5 bucks to upgrade. 

Wasn't there some talk of a cloud or something for the xbox one?  Couldn't they put a world into the cloud and require a password to log in? 

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 02:26:26 PM »
I dont think i will get this unless  we can join worlds without the host having to be online. IT really takes the game down alot IMO without being able to work inthe world without the host.
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 03:02:57 PM »
We need to try to get back on our World some time before it's out.  We can bring that world with us!

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 12:05:31 PM »
Cool, only 5 bucks to upgrade. 

So glad they made this affordable for us. 

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »
PS4 version failed... X1 still getting bugs fixed..what the crap is this.

Minecraft on PS4 Failed Final Testing

It's back to the drawing board for the PS4 port.

By Rachel Paxton-GillilanMinecraft for the PlayStation 4 failed its final testing with Sony, and Developer 4JStudios is now in the process of fixing it.

Last week, 4JStudios announced that it finished Minecraft for the PlayStation 4 and was awaiting Sony's final test before the game's release. Today, 4J Studios told fans that Sony found issues with the PS4 version during the final testing. "We're fixing, but we need to go through the process again," tweeted the developer.

This new delay makes it seem unlikely that the PlayStation 4 version of Minecraft will meet its original release window of this month. The PlayStation Vita and Xbox One versions were also scheduled to release this month, but 4J Studios said it is still fixing bugs in both versions.

The PlayStation 3 iteration of Minecraft came out last December, and IGN loved it. For the latest information of Minecraft, check out IGN's extensive Wiki. And don't forget to watch our Let's Play Minecraft series
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/minecraft-on-ps4-failed-final-testing?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social