Author Topic: Raider Nation!  (Read 32732 times)

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
Re: Raider Nation!
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 04:46:02 PM »
Oh yeah, whats Mid going to say on this thread now?  :P  Raiiiiiderrrrrs!

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 04:48:20 PM »
I am gonna do it here and now. Kick Mid from the Raider Nation (if he ever was).  You cannot be a Raider and Charger fan.  I'm sorry, the world just doesn't work that way.  Take your side, and stay there.  The ball is in your court Mid.  8)

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 08:49:50 AM »
I am gonna do it here and now. Kick Mid from the Raider Nation (if he ever was).  You cannot be a Raider and Charger fan.  I'm sorry, the world just doesn't work that way.  Take your side, and stay there.  The ball is in your court Mid.  8)
I've been saying that for years man, ha!

Offline SadisticKeith

• Learn to Play Moderator
  • Founding Father
  • In the Showtime for Free, Wolfpack.
  • Showtime Karma: 544
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »
I can't remember who took the last for San Diego. Who did Phillip Rivers hand the ball off to for that last rushing TD? Oh yeah, Tyvon Branch!
This my BOOMSTICK!

"Oh, that's just what we call 'pillow talk' baby, that's all"

Ash

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 10:00:49 PM »
i am for sure not part of the Raider nation... Rams for me always first.. then Raiders second.. then Chargers third.    but now SD is the only thing we have close to us... so i root for them now a days too.

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2010, 05:36:19 AM »
Midnighter20C:the California Football team whore.  Keep him out of the Jets locker room!

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 06:38:19 AM »
you should see how nice my ass is!

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2010, 05:39:45 PM »
Wow, that was freaking awesome!  Raiders made a statement Sunday to say the least.  Who cares if it was the Broncos (who suck) it was in Mile High, a hard place historically to win, although maybe not so much this year.  If they can come up big again this weekend against Seattle, more heads will be turning.  I love it!  How bad does that missed field goal against AZ hurt now?  Could be over 500 this far into the season for the first time in a long time.  Look out KC

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 01:54:26 PM »
Nice!   Big game coming up sunday. 

Offline SadisticKeith

• Founding Father
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2010, 05:17:43 PM »
Nice!   Big game coming up sunday. 

Fuck yeah! First three game win streak since 2002!

RAIDER NATION BABY! FUCK YEAH! LOOK OUT AFC WEST!
This my BOOMSTICK!

Ash

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2011, 02:02:34 PM »
Hue Jackson new  head coach, Saunders new OC!

(link provided by szabada)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dd1e4b/article/ravens-consultant-saunders-hired-to-run-raiders-offense?module=HP_headlines

good news if you ask me!

The Oakland Raiders hired Al Saunders as their offensive coordinator Thursday, one day after interviewing him for the job, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Saunders, a former coordinator and head coach who had been a consultant for the Baltimore Ravens, interviewed for Raiders' head-coaching job in the past. He is a philosophical fit with new Raiders coach Hue Jackson and longtime owner Al Davis, and league sources expected the team to hire Saunders.

Al Saunders (above) worked with new Oakland Raiders coach Hue Jackson on the Baltimore Ravens' staff.
Al Saunders (above) worked with new Oakland Raiders coach Hue Jackson on the Baltimore Ravens' staff. (Gerald Herbert/Associated Press)

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Tuesday that the team allowed Saunders to talk to the Raiders because it never wants to deny a coach an opportunity.

Saunders was an offensive consultant in Baltimore the past two seasons, working on the staff with Jackson in 2009. Jackson went to Oakland last year as offensive coordinator and was promoted to head coach in place of Tom Cable earlier this week.

Saunders began his NFL career as the San Diego Chargers' receivers coach in 1983. He later was the Chargers' head coach for parts of three seasons, amassing a 17-22 record.

Saunders has been an offensive coordinator for the Kansas City Chiefs and the St. Louis Rams, as well as the assistant head coach for the Washington Redskins, with whom he spent two years with current Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell. During Saunders' first stint with the St. Louis Rams, as assistant head coach/receivers coach, the team won the Super Bowl.

The offensive coordinator job is just one of many the Raiders needed to fill. The only assistants under contract before Saunders' hiring were defensive line coach Mike Waufle and defensive backs coach Kevin Ross. Defensive coordinator John Marshall will not be back next season, although some of the other assistants still could be retained.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:10:26 PM by Caine »

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2011, 03:35:52 PM »
Interesting rumor, once again cred goes to Szabada, karma this guy up!

Ochocinco to Raiders? Rumors Begin
By RJ MIDDLETON
Updated 8:30 AM PST, Fri, Jan 21, 2011

Print Share Buzz up!
1retweet
0diggsdigg

Getty Images

Using a highly sophisticated super-smart keyword search of Chad Ochocinco's Twitter account, Jerry McDonald has surfaced a rumor that may have some legs: number 85 could -- and would -- play for the Oakland Raiders.

Inside the Oakland Raiders posted the thought from the veteran NFL writer with some germane comments from Ochocinco, specifically about new head coach Hue Jackson:

I would not care where Hue Jackson got a job. I would go play for him, run through a wall, jump in front of a bus, etc. u get the point.

Man that was the greatest coach I ever had. Hue Jackson would choke me out, cuss me out, just to make sure I was precise on everything.

It would be refreshing to be with Hue Jackson again. I know I wouldn’t have to worry about being thrown under a bus again.

Of course, Ochocinco did mention he'd like to play for the New England Patriots -- but maybe that playoff loss to the NY Jets will play a hand.

Either way, if Marvin Lewis is successful in chasing Chad out of Cincinnati, then maybe the Bay beckons the veteran wideout, after all.

And Darrius Heyward-Bey had be ready to part with jersey number 85.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Ochocinco-to-Raiders-Rumors-Begin-114364599.html

Offline SadisticKeith

• Founding Father
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
Well they fucked up didn't they? Lost Miller AND Asomugha and still no one signed to replace them? Either they are huffing ether fumes and getting high or they want to start Chris Johnson because he sucks balls and they want to compete with Cincy for the number one overall draft pick. 8-8 to 4-12? Yeah that is a whole lot to be optimistic about Emperor Palapatine.....errrr, I mean Mr. Davis.
This my BOOMSTICK!

Ash

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2011, 11:34:18 PM »
FUUUUUuuuuUUUUuuuUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2011, 06:59:36 AM »
typical classic Raiders.   the Clippers of the NFL.