Poll

Will the Lakers make the Playoffs this Season? 2017-2018 Season?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: L.A. Lakers  (Read 39611 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
L.A. Lakers
« on: October 21, 2009, 05:19:32 PM »
Lakers suffer more injuries

October 21, 2009 |  2:37 pm
The Lakers have suffered more injuries during this exhibition season.

Fabforum Center Andrew Bynum came down with a minor right rotator cuff strained during Tuesday night’s game against the Golden State Warriors and was unable to practice Wednesday.

The Lakers are listing Bynum as probable for Thursday night’s game against the Denver Nuggets at the Honda Center in Anaheim.

“My training staff isn’t anticipating anything prohibiting him from playing,” Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said after practice. “But we’ll see what’s up tomorrow.”

Free-agent forward Tony Gaffney suffered a lower back contusion during the game against the Warriors on Tuesday night.

On a positive injury note, both Pau Gasol (strained hamstring) and Luke Walton (sore lower back) practiced Wednesday and probably will play Thursday night against the Nuggets.

-- Broderick Turner

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
Re: L.A. Lakers
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 08:47:16 AM »
Are Sasha Vujacic and Maria Sharapova dating?

As if the Lakers hadn't already gone over-the-top Hollywood with the addition of Khloe Kardashian to the basketball family after she and Lamar Odom were married during the off-season.

Fabforum Now comes word that struggling backup guard Sasha Vujacic and tennis star Maria Forum Sharapova might be dating after the two were seen cuddling at a recent U2 concert.

In a recent posting, the website SportsByBrooks reported that CNBC reporter Darren Rovell revealed on Twitter the possibility of this power union earlier today. That was followed a few hours later by Matt Cronin of tennisreporters.net tweeting that it was indeed true.

If Sharapova can somehow get "The Machine" to rediscover his shooting touch, Lakers fans figure to embrace the move. But if things get worse ... get ready for the Yoko-pova jokes.

-- Jim Barrero
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/11/lakers-sasha-vujacic-maria-sharapova-dating.html

Offline dnice3525

• All First Team
  • Showtime Karma: 55
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 11:48:02 PM »
Does anyone think a better aquisition for the Lakers would have been Sheed?  He can play Forward/Center, pretty darn good 3 point shooter, and Isn't afraid to bang around inside and get some blocks and boards.  I'm sure it would have been a hard sell to him and to the Laker organization but then again they have Artest so........still a good idea.....just throwing it out there.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 12:19:24 AM »
nice first post, and i'm not sure.       it would almost be even in my opinion.     i think overall defense artest is better.. but wallace is hard to guard being a 6' 11" guy that shoots three's.. but they have lamar.. so i don't know.         but i do agree that wallace is a good player.      and he's an intimidating player.           

ps.. nice.. you found an old school looking 76ers avatar, in the NBA logos.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 07:05:53 PM »
wow!  what an exciting game last night... and this is how it ended!

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 601
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 07:18:29 PM »
They got killed today.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 04:57:29 PM »
i'm going to the game tomorrow night!    look for me on tv.. i was on there last time.    we are 10 rows up under the basket.. the side that the Wizards will be on.    can't wait.    i'll take pictures and video when i'm there... i can stream the video live from that Qik app i have.  :)

OMEGA BOMBS

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 06:15:27 PM »
i'm going to the game tomorrow night!    look for me on tv.. i was on there last time.    we are 10 rows up under the basket.. the side that the Wizards will be on.    can't wait.    i'll take pictures and video when i'm there... i can stream the video live from that Qik app i have.  :)

How did you get seats that close?

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 06:20:15 PM »

good ol House is taking me.    his girlfriends boss hooks her up.

OMEGA BOMBS

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 07:24:21 PM »

good ol House is taking me.    his girlfriends boss hooks her up.
Thats fucking SWEET!  TNT? or what?

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 07:38:32 PM »
i know Fox Sports West for sure... not sure about the other channels.. maybe ESPN.. i'll check.

nope.. only FSN.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 03:50:40 PM »
another 20 minutes or so, and i'm outta here, and off to the game!  :P

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 08:09:48 AM »
great time at the game... Lakers won, saw Gerrard Butler there, and a few other celebs.   Of course Jack was there in the front row.   it's weird at a Laker game.   it's almost like a club or the mall or something.   like, if you're always there, and go to game after game, you see lot's of people giving each other hugs, or shaking hands.. almost like it's "their" place they go.   i'm talking about the season ticket holders of those court side seats.    they all seem to know each other.. they all are bro hugging, and slapping fives.       like mallrats or people that go to the same club every weekend and get to know each other and the dj and security and stuff.     anyways.. here's some crappy pictures at the game from my phone.    wish i had that zoom app for my phones camera.      hell.. wish i had a digital camera.

ps.. totally forgot to mention that i hung out at Matt Leinarts house after the game.   we picked up his roommate who was a cool guy, and he happen to be there i guess working out in the off season.   so when we dropped the roommate off, he was there and we went up and hung out with him for a bit, him and his little son.    who was a really cool little kid.       but ya... very cool night.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:13:01 AM by miDnIghtEr20C »

OMEGA BOMBS

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 09:44:28 AM »
Wow, you were pretty close!  Whats that in the first picture, looks like a ghost!  :o

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
i thought the same thing dude... i have no idea what that is in the picture.     would be awesome if that was some kind of spirit!        and i'll upload some movies that i did, and put them on youtube.. they're cheesy, but still kind of cool.

ya.. we were 13 rows up, and beautiful seats.   that camera does them no justice.