Author Topic: Huntington Beach "riots" New School Edition  (Read 3322 times)

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
Re: Huntington Beach "riots" New School Edition
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 08:38:16 AM »
Truly my only argument against how the PD handled this is that they didn't open up with the gas and pepperspray earlier. Provided their man power was limited. Also, it may have been how the vid was cut, but it didn't appear as though the PD really gave much of a warning before they started pelting the pepperspray rounds in the vid. They should have got on a loudspeaker, told the dumbasses to clear out, and then opened up.

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 11:00:12 AM »
Truly my only argument against how the PD handled this is that they didn't open up with the gas and pepperspray earlier. Provided their man power was limited. Also, it may have been how the vid was cut, but it didn't appear as though the PD really gave much of a warning before they started pelting the pepperspray rounds in the vid. They should have got on a loudspeaker, told the dumbasses to clear out, and then opened up.

I'm going to chalk that one up to the editing.  Nobody that posts these videos wants to show the police acting in appropriate manners.  Just look at the first part where they are detaining a guy.  Probably for throwing shit or something, and the idiot is standing there saying they have no right to arrest him because he's a minor or how he has the right to know why they are detaining him.  So dumb...

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 11:55:27 AM »

I'm going to chalk that one up to the editing.  Nobody that posts these videos wants to show the police acting in appropriate manners.  Just look at the first part where they are detaining a guy.  Probably for throwing shit or something, and the idiot is standing there saying they have no right to arrest him because he's a minor or how he has the right to know why they are detaining him.  So dumb...

True, and that kid was a fucking idiot. You don't have a right to something simply because you say you do. You have no right to know why the police have detained someone unless you are the person being detained. Additionally, most certainly can be arrested and be taken down with physical force if they resist arrest.

I'm no fan of police generally speaking, especially not the HBPD I had the "privilege" of being harassed by constantly growing up. But I do firmly believe they did what they could with the resources provided in this situation.

In the end very few people were harmed and damage was minimal. As many have stated, it wasn't a riot, it very easily could have been though.