Author Topic: Huntington Beach "riots" New School Edition  (Read 2927 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Huntington Beach "riots" New School Edition
« on: July 29, 2013, 09:04:02 PM »
Come to my City and fuck it... well, ... you need to be known.  Small World in the digital age...

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
Re: Huntington Beach "riots" New School Edition
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 09:20:25 PM »
Dude Douche number 2 has been ID'd... i'll find it, hang on!

Facebook has gotten good for something...

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 09:29:10 PM »
Hah, nevermind.  Saw you already ID'd him on facebook.  What an idiot, bragging about it on Twitter.  Thats the guy they say put the stop sign through the shop window

I hope they all get caught, and have the book thrown at them

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 09:37:31 PM »
Hah, nevermind.  Saw you already ID'd him on facebook.  What an idiot, bragging about it on Twitter.  Thats the guy they say put the stop sign through the shop window

I hope they all get caught, and have the book thrown at them

ya, but i don't think it's the same guy.    two different faces on the pictures.    guy busting the window had a beard... the guy we'll just use his first name.. Niko, his twitter page shows a guy without a beard, and same with the video on the port a pottie video at the 41 second mark.   he has a neon green hat on.    

same dude in his twitter pictures,... yet he too was doing stupid shit, so either way he is done for.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:12:57 PM by miDnIghtEr20C »

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 09:40:49 PM »
the guy at 41 second mark of this vid...

guy with neon green hat is the guy they're saying broke the window...

here is window smash guy...

here is dude at 41 second mark with neon green hat and is the one taking the heat for breaking window.

and here is neon green hat twitter page.    i think he caused lot's of trouble.. just don't think it's dude that broke the window.

https://twitter.com/Niko_JAYY/status/361905393527566336

Offline Vapor

• 2011-2012 Showtime for Free Pick 'em Champion
  • Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 317
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 09:48:18 PM »

21:07:32 VOLTAN: lotion took he ard black dick straightn up the ole galleys arse, with a +4 roll. biotch

(23:06:28) Szabada: If I had started Tannehill over stupid fuck face Cutler

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 09:49:15 PM »
Ya... that guy done good in his fight.   he took them all out.   would love to see the full video.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 09:59:48 PM »

ya.. this is the real riots of HB...

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 10:01:56 PM »
Yeah i don't know... they'll find them.  All of them are on camera, so they'll get caught one way or another.  

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 10:02:48 PM »
It is a shame they are calling a few fights in the streets, some punks tipping porta potties over and some assholes trying to loot a bike shop a riot. 

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 06:03:18 PM »
i was right.. it wasn't him that threw the sign in the window.

WEST COVINA - An 18-year-old man from West Covina became the misidentified target of social-media vigilantes after posting photos online of Sunday's Huntington Beach riot at the U.S. Open of Surfing.

Huntington Beach police ruled out the teen, Niko Johnson, on Tuesday as the subject in a viral image taken by the Los Angeles Times, which depicts a man cheering after shattering the window of the Easyrider bike shop with a stop sign.

Johnson
HB riot tweet
may face other charges for his involvement in the disturbance, but police publicly eliminated him as the pictured suspect to quell the social media attention he continues to receive, Lt. Mitchell O'Brien said.

"It could hurt his reputation to the point where it could really affect him," O'Brien said. "We just wanted to be transparent."

Huntington Beach police officially released the viral image Tuesday morning and asked for help finding the unidentified cheering vandal.

Johnson's name became attached to the viral image through social media after Johnson, under the screen name niko_jayy50, posted a picture on Instagram of a man running with an uprooted stop sign during the riot.

"SOMEBODY HAD TO DO IT! Led the PAC hahaha #riots #usopen #greatday," the now-deleted post read, according to a screenshot posted by find_hbrioters on Instagram. Online gumshoes used Johnson's post as "proof" to link him to the other viral image involving a stop sign. Soon, threats poured onto Johnson's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. The online mob even circulated his cellphone number and personal photos.

O'Brien received several emails an hour identifying Johnson as shattering the window.

The former West Covina High School football player admits to taking pictures at the riot and making the post, but he said Tuesday he did not participate in the riots.

"I didn't mean to post the picture like I led the whole thing; I meant to post it like I was there," he said. "I'm just a kid that happened to be there and posted something, and they took it too far."

Police do not agree that Johnson did not participate, despite clearing him of the photographed crime.

"I've seen video of Niko, so I know what he did," O'Brien said. He could not release details on what charges may come against the West Covina teen, but he said Johnson's involvement in the disturbance was not as severe as the pictured crime.

"His involvement isn't to that level," O'Brien said.

Johnson deleted his Instagram post after realizing how others might see it, but screen captures of the post still spread, he said.

"I was getting accused of pretty much starting the riot," he said.

Johnson pointed to the man's long hair and beard as proof it was not him, as he said he maintains a clean appearance for work.

"I work at In-N-Out, and to work at In-N-Out you have to be clean cut, clean shaved, everything," he said. "That's not me."

Johnson went to the West Covina Police Department Monday to tell his side of the story, he said.

"I walked myself in and pretty much told them everything," he said. "I guess throughout the day they were trying to find me."

Detectives from Huntington Beach interviewed Johnson on Monday but did not arrest him, O'Brien said.

"I know he has been all over social media as being the guy, but we're not arresting him for that right now," O'Brien said. "If he can be ruled out, I want to put that out there, because he is getting run through the wringer virally."

Police checked if Johnson had cut his hair or shaved his beard and performed a background check on him, Johnson said. The detectives confiscated his cellphone and released him, asking him to follow up with them the next day.

Johnson has only himself to blame for the scrutiny, O'Brien said.

"If he doesn't want to be the subject of an investigation, he probably shouldn't have tweeted what he did," he said. "There are some comments that he posted that are probably the catalyst as to why people think he is involved in that incident."

While social media witch hunts often cause trouble -- such as during the Boston Marathon bombing when online vigilantes, particularly from Reddit, misidentified culprits -- the photos and videos sent to Huntington police will likely help their investigation, O'Brien said. The department spent most of Monday combing through information that had been sent in.

"I think at the end of the day, it will be a helpful tool to catch the guys that did a lot of our damage," he said.
http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_23760639/exclusive-man-targeted-social-media-huntington-beach-riot

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 09:33:37 AM »

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 11:19:51 AM »
what a bunch of idiots.  "Fuck the Police" I'm going to show them and destroy this newspaper stand! 

And that guy screaming about his rights... lol

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 07:02:05 PM »
LMFAO  :woot!: :rofl:  this guy bragged about doing shit and now it's going to bite him in the ass.  He's so cool on Twitter too btw.

HUNTINGTON BEACH - Huntington Beach police arrested a Chino man Wednesday for numerous charges after social media tied him to Sunday's riot at the U.S. Open of Surfing.

Illario Niko Johnson, 18, of Chino, pleaded not guilty to all charges Thursday morning at his arraignment in Orange County. Online sleuths incorrectly linked Johnson to a viral image of a man using a stop sign to smash the window of Main Street's Easyrider bike shop.

Threats from angry locals quickly spilled onto Johnson's Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts and police responded by disassociating Johnson with the picture in a statement Tuesday, but also warned Johnson would not get off without charges.

Those charges came the next day after police arrested Johnson for arson, inciting a riot, participating in an unlawful assembly and refusing to disperse when ordered. Johnson allegedly set fire to a box of catalogs during the riot, according to the Orange County District Attorney's Office. He faces a sentence ranging from probation to three years in prison if
Advertisement
convicted.

His pre-trial will take place at 8:30 a.m., Aug. 9.

Johnson became the department's first post-riot arrest and police credited tips from the public as assisting. Sunday's riot drew nearly 250 officers in an attempt to quell brawls and criminal damaging. Seven people were arrested the night of the incident, including 28-year-old Joseph Monterrosa, of Ontario, for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. The department received such a high volume of photos and video from the disturbance that it took officers all day Monday to review.

Johnson claimed innocence in an interview Tuesday afternoon, admitting to being at the riot, but saying he did not participate. He said he became a target after posting photos on Instragram that showed a man running while holding a stop sign, with the caption "SOMEBODY HAD TO DO IT! Led the PAC hahaha #riots #usopen #greatday."

The former West Covina High football player believed he cleared his name after meeting with detectives Monday. Police thought otherwise, according to Lt. Mitchell O'Brien.

"I've seen video of Niko, so I know what he did," O'Brien said Tuesday.

Johnson went to the Huntington Beach Police Department Wednesday morning, though he apparently believed police called him to come pick up his confiscated cell phone, according to his Twitter account.

"Hahah I need to get my phone bro bro they confiscated it for further evidence," one message to a friend reads.

Police announced his arrest hours later. The department is still searching for the Easyrider vandal and plans to release other photos for public identification in the coming days. Anyone with information is asked to contact the department at 714-375-5066 or email hbpdfiles@gmail.com.
http://www.presstelegram.com/breakingnews/ci_23774910/chino-man-idd-huntington-beach-riot-participant

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 10:46:04 PM »
Yeah, a lot of these people don't understand... they just don't get it!  You have the right to assembly.  But when people start vandalizing shit and "rioting" and the police tell you to gtfo... if you don't?  You are in trouble.  That's just the way it is.   Is it right?  Sometimes yes, and sometimes no.  This is one of those times where it's a Yes.