Author Topic: Batman vs Superman  (Read 5734 times)

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
Re: Batman vs Superman
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 07:59:32 AM »
I was never worried about Snyder making things look good. I'd argue that's the only thing he does well. I'm more concerned with substance.

Seems obvious they are going with the Frank Miller Dark Knight, at least aesthetically, not a bad thing.

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 728
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 08:50:08 AM »
I was never worried about Snyder making things look good. I'd argue that's the only thing he does well. I'm more concerned with substance.

Seems obvious they are going with the Frank Miller Dark Knight, at least aesthetically, not a bad thing.

I like the look they are going with. It all looks swell, but at some point Affleck will have to speak, and that's where it might all go to shit.

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 03:16:37 PM »
They are putting to many people in this its seeming to not be a MoS sequel and more a justice league movie which is stupid build that up like marvel, whats the damn hurry. Oh yea its DC and the superheroes are weak way over powered and no fun or just fruity(aquaman). That being said i still would rather see this done right love me some comic movies
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 10:21:12 AM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/28/justice-league-movie-confirmed-with-zack-snyder-as-director

Not sure who here knows about this yet or not, but yeah, scheduled for 2017-2018.

It would seem they are cramming a bunch of crap in this flick to rush out a JL flick. Avengers worked because of the build up. DC/WB is just going for a cash grab.

Freaking shame...

Also, I know everyone is still tizzied about Ben playing the Bat. But what about Gal Godot playing Wonder Woman?

Ben has grown up a lot over the years and may actually be able to pull the Bat off, but that scrawny little girl who hasn't been in a damned thing?

That has me more concerned than anything.

Marvel did it's shit really well with all the build up, it helped greatly allow people who didn't know anything about comics to enjoy them. They also had minimal nit picky complaints by those who do read the books. All and all a good show.

DC on the other hand. They aren't allowing any time to develop the characters they are going to want in the League. We know they have to go with Supes, Bats, and WW. The rest are less important, but to include someone and not is going to piss a lot of fans off. However, it's not going to do any good if no one knows or cares who these people are, comic book readers or not.

Does DC not remember what happens when you shove in a bunch of characters without any backstory or depth in a film? It becomes a jumbled mess. Spiderman 3, Schumacher Batman's etc.

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 601

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 728
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 04:48:26 PM »
Well, the name pretty much confirms what this is.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 06:14:22 AM »
Considering the chances of this being any good are minimal, is it wrong of me to hope this bombs?

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 10:19:39 AM »
Considering the chances of this being any good are minimal, is it wrong of me to hope this bombs?

You just want it to bomb because you want to have Ben Afflecks babies, too bad Matt Damon already beat you to it.  Or does Affleck have Damons babies, I bet thats how it is. 

I don't see him as being a bad batman just because.  We'll have to wait and see.  Christian Bales version was pretty bad ass, going to be hard to beat. 

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 09:26:22 PM »
Ha!  It does.  That's the name of one of my Catfish.  The Night Fury.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2014, 06:25:58 AM »

You just want it to bomb because you want to have Ben Afflecks babies, too bad Matt Damon already beat you to it.  Or does Affleck have Damons babies, I bet thats how it is. 

I don't see him as being a bad batman just because.  We'll have to wait and see.  Christian Bales version was pretty bad ass, going to be hard to beat.

Affleck is the least of my concerns at this point.

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 601
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2014, 04:20:15 AM »
Even tho I would love to see Flash and a good Green Lantern, I hope they don't force em in the movie.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2014, 07:40:16 PM »