Author Topic: Games with Gold  (Read 5669 times)

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 622
  • Ruler Of Nod
Re: Games with Gold
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2014, 10:26:24 AM »

Really nice set of games for gold in July.

Yeah... except Dishonored was discounted during the summer games sale to ~$7.50 and I and a lot of other people bit. The game is obviously worth the money, no question there, I just feel a bit duped is all. I did the same thing with Dark Souls, provided I think there was a bit more time in between the sale and the Games w/ Gold thing. All this means is I'm less likely to jump on a game on sale now as it's likely an indication it will be on GwG soon.

I almost jumped on that sale as well. I was just hoping for the disc with all the DLC to go on sale for $10.  A real bummer for those that just got a deal of a sale, only to be shown the same for free.  This has been the #1 feedback topic I've heard on this months offerings. Hopefully MS listens.  I really liked the Guacamelee release where we got it free (on XB1) on it's release, and now it's a pay for game. Maybe it would have been better if Dishonored was free with gold for a spell, and then on sale a few weeks later.  That would have been better to the loyal gold members.

Yeah... I mean I totally get it from a business standpoint, squeeze the last few cents out of something while you can. I think we all know that the GwG program is basically intended to sell DLC (which is typically on sale when the game is free).

If they were to release it on GwG for free and then sale after it would be nicer to us loyal users and such, but how many people would buy it after it was on GwG? I'm not sure how they could solve this problem other than simply not offering a good deal, which it was when I bought it, hence why I did, and simply just putting it on GwG.

No one likes feeling duped though. As much as I understand it logically and financially, and all rational thought is okay with what happened, I got a great game at a great deal after all. The rest of me wants to through a brick with a flaming bag of poo through MS's window.

Offline SadisticKeith

• Learn to Play Moderator
  • Founding Father
  • In the Showtime for Free, Wolfpack.
  • Showtime Karma: 543
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2014, 06:34:26 PM »

Really nice set of games for gold in July.

Yeah... except Dishonored was discounted during the summer games sale to ~$7.50 and I and a lot of other people bit. The game is obviously worth the money, no question there, I just feel a bit duped is all. I did the same thing with Dark Souls, provided I think there was a bit more time in between the sale and the Games w/ Gold thing. All this means is I'm less likely to jump on a game on sale now as it's likely an indication it will be on GwG soon.

I almost jumped on that sale as well. I was just hoping for the disc with all the DLC to go on sale for $10.  A real bummer for those that just got a deal of a sale, only to be shown the same for free.  This has been the #1 feedback topic I've heard on this months offerings. Hopefully MS listens.  I really liked the Guacamelee release where we got it free (on XB1) on it's release, and now it's a pay for game. Maybe it would have been better if Dishonored was free with gold for a spell, and then on sale a few weeks later.  That would have been better to the loyal gold members.

Yeah... I mean I totally get it from a business standpoint, squeeze the last few cents out of something while you can. I think we all know that the GwG program is basically intended to sell DLC (which is typically on sale when the game is free).

If they were to release it on GwG for free and then sale after it would be nicer to us loyal users and such, but how many people would buy it after it was on GwG? I'm not sure how they could solve this problem other than simply not offering a good deal, which it was when I bought it, hence why I did, and simply just putting it on GwG.

No one likes feeling duped though. As much as I understand it logically and financially, and all rational thought is okay with what happened, I got a great game at a great deal after all. The rest of me wants to through a brick with a flaming bag of poo through MS's window.

At least you can still play it when your gold runs out. I want to "throw a flaming bag of poo through MS's window" for NOT letting you do that on the Xbox One. What a bunch of bullshit
This my BOOMSTICK!

"Oh, that's just what we call 'pillow talk' baby, that's all"

Ash

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2015, 05:15:56 PM »
 :drinks2:

Offline Balkino66

• 2014-15 2015-16 Back to back, Showtime For Free Fantasy Football Champion
  • SfF Madden Champion Season 1 & SfF 2013 NFL Pick em Champion
  • Respected Member
  • Showtime Karma: 527
  • **DA U**
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2015, 01:57:25 AM »
Sweeeeet

Xbox 360
GT: xxxBalkino66xxx
CHECK MY PROFILE OUT!!
#1 ON THE SITE

Offline SadisticKeith

• Learn to Play Moderator
  • Founding Father
  • In the Showtime for Free, Wolfpack.
  • Showtime Karma: 543
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2015, 04:39:17 PM »
I would LOVE to play through Tomb Raider again on my XB1. I cannot wait for September 16th
This my BOOMSTICK!

"Oh, that's just what we call 'pillow talk' baby, that's all"

Ash

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 601
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2016, 02:42:13 PM »