Author Topic: XBOX ONE (NEW XBOX)  (Read 52954 times)

Offline nmcmahan52

• Founding Father
  • Respected Member
  • Showtime Karma: 517
    • project blu, where i attempt to review games
Re: XBOX ONE (NEW XBOX)
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 06:14:29 AM »
don't know if you chaps have seen this, but it cracked me up

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 06:50:34 AM »
don't know if you chaps have seen this, but it cracked me up

ya.. i have it here in the glorious gif smackdown of new consoles...  http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=6865.0   there are some great ones!    that one you put up is great.

Offline Vapor

• 2011-2012 Showtime for Free Pick 'em Champion
  • Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 317
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 08:20:25 AM »
I think they F'd up.  Honestly.  

Why try and make a Xbox that does everything for the people who can't figure out how to change the channel or source for their TV?  Make a gaming system that kicks ass... at GAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to manage my fantasy football stats or watch highlights on my Tv through my Xbox... I WANT TO WATCH FOOTBALL ON MY TV!  

I don't want to Facebook or Skype or do any of that other crap on my Xbox. Thats what my computer is for.  I want to play freaking games on my freaking gaming console.  

Only time will tell what will actually happen with this, but right now I'm majorly let down.  But maybe I'm not even let down at all, it just means I won't be all that tempted to spend $500 this fall.  

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

;u
wonder if they will sell a version without that connect shit?
21:07:32 VOLTAN: lotion took he ard black dick straightn up the ole galleys arse, with a +4 roll. biotch

(23:06:28) Szabada: If I had started Tannehill over stupid fuck face Cutler

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2013, 09:17:38 AM »
seems like a lot of people have made their minds up before E3.   that's too bad.   both Sony and MS didn't show many games at all for their CONSOLE reveal, and even MS said wait till E3 two weeks later to see our games... yet nobody really paid attention to that i think.   

i for one like all the tv stuff.   i'm a couch potato and huge tv guy.   i can't wait for the NFL stuff since i love fantasy football and i like that it an be all tied into 1.      now it's time to see the games in a couple weeks.    if they look like shit compared to PS4 games... i'll know what console i'll buy to start off with.

Offline Pakman3000

• Founding Father
  • Showtime's in your blood.
  • Showtime Karma: 405
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 10:00:01 AM »

I'm still MAD all day everyday.

Offline Pakman3000

• Founding Father
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2013, 10:03:56 AM »

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2013, 10:55:35 AM »
seems like a lot of people have made their minds up before E3.   that's too bad.   both Sony and MS didn't show many games at all for their CONSOLE reveal, and even MS said wait till E3 two weeks later to see our games... yet nobody really paid attention to that i think.   

i for one like all the tv stuff.   i'm a couch potato and huge tv guy.   i can't wait for the NFL stuff since i love fantasy football and i like that it an be all tied into 1.      now it's time to see the games in a couple weeks.    if they look like shit compared to PS4 games... i'll know what console i'll buy to start off with.

It's been tied into one forever already.  What have you been using to keep track?  Yahoo has had live stat tracking and I've even kept track of games with NFL.com.  I don't get it.  I'm not all that computer savvy at all.  Yet I was able to have a game streaming, bounce around NFL.com game trackers and have my yahoo.com fantasy football real time updates going all at the same time.  How is the NFLXBOXONE going to do better than that?  By having a coach on the sideline with a tablet?  I like football.  I don't care what Peyton Manning is 'tweeting' or looking at on the sideline during a game.  All that matters to me is what's happening on the field. 

Maybe the NextBox (better than XboxONe) will have a NFL game subscription?  Let me subscribe to just my team.  How awesome would that be.  Something good like that.  Would't that be great. 

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2013, 11:03:15 AM »
we shall see.   i think what they showed was cool with the players stats updating every time on a pop up on the tv.    just because you don't want to see mannings tweets doesn't mean someone else doesn't.

the choice is simple.   if the people don't like it... they don't have to buy it.   if they want just a game machine, get a PS4.    i'll be just like this gen.. i'll have them both.

it's funny how it's switched.   Sony tagline last gen..."It only does everything"    now xbox is trying to do everything too... but sony fans are ragging on it.  (not you just all over the net.)   i think it's funny.

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 609
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »
the choice is simple.   if the people don't like it... they don't have to buy it.

Being reasonable is not allowed!

I mean, I was disappointed just like everyone else.. but the crazy levels some are taking this to.. amazing!

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2013, 01:46:45 PM »
the choice is simple.   if the people don't like it... they don't have to buy it.

Being reasonable is not allowed!

I mean, I was disappointed just like everyone else.. but the crazy levels some are taking this to.. amazing!
i know.. we haven't even seen any games yet.. and from what i did see of the one in game motion they showed.. COD looked fucking awesome.

if the games are horrid shit looking at E3... i'll be all over the PS4.   if it's the same way as this gen.. i'm going to be the same way as this gen.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »
!

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 622
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2013, 08:41:03 AM »
No backwards compatibility blows, sony isn't doing that either..... call it a wash.

The whole "always online/DRM" type stuff needs to be detailed.

An all in one box is cool and all, but I'm not going to be using anything to watch "television" until cable providers start providing content at a reasonable rate.

I require details on this whole NFL thing. Will I be able to buy prime ticket through the XBOX ONE? (something you can presently do with the ps3 mind you.) Honestly, this might sway my opinion in to buying one.

Blocking used/shared games, we need much more details on this quick, it can kill the system.

I'd like to see kinect 2.0 in action without smoke and mirrors.

500 GB HDD? You got to be fucking kidding me, yeah I get it, you can plug in an external. I could have sworn the point of the X1 was so you only needed one box in your living room, not one with another attached. Oh and on top of that, it's completely internal? Yeah, chances of me buying this thing before they had at least a Terabyte model? Slim to none.

I have to agree with Szabs on a lot of points, there isn't a whole lot of anything that is revolutionary here (same with the ps4 conference), nearly all of these "new amazing" features to the most part are something that's been available for quite some time.

Forcefeedback on the controllers seems freaking awesome. That's really the only major positive I took out of the event. Everything else to me was, more of a "meh, that's neat".

Last but not least, are Mid and I the only two fuckers on earth who read the PR statement from MS a week or two ago that said that E3 was all about the games?? You know, that this unveiling of the new xbox was about... oh... I donno... the console? ::)

Anywho, I'm not sold on either yet. Then again I've never been an early adopter and never will be. Lemme see those 15 exclusives, lemme see the half that are original IP's. Then we'll talk.

All signs are still pointing to this guy buying a PC.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:42:34 AM by Caine »

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2013, 01:26:34 PM »

Xbox One specs are boosted by "the equivalent of three Xbox Ones" in the cloud
"There's roughly three times the resources available" to devs

We've been trying to work out what Xbox One's dramatic, potentially brilliant use of cloud processing resources to bolster its own specs actually amounts to. Once developers get to grips with it, you can expect interesting particulars. In the meantime, how about another hair-raising pie-in-the-sky statement of intent?

According to Jeff Henshaw, group program manager of Xbox Incubation & Prototyping, the cloud's muscle means that your Xbox One isn't, effectively, an Xbox One, but an Xbox Three. See what I did there, etc.

"We're provisioning for developers for every physical Xbox One we build, we're provisioning the CPU and storage equivalent of three Xbox Ones on the cloud," he said. "We're doing that flat out so that any game developer can assume that there's roughly three times the resources immediately available to their game, so they can build bigger, persistent levels that are more inclusive for players. They can do that out of the gate."

Click to view larger image
For more on the Xbox One's technical capacities, read our massive Xbox One guide. According to Xbox Live corporate VP Marc Whitten, the manufacturer actually dialled back development of Xbox 360's successor till it was confident that it could deliver a genuine technological leap.

"Frankly a lot of people have said 'hey, stuff looks pretty cool on Xbox 360 - do we need more power?" he told OXM. "Is my TV going to be powerful enough?' And in fact, until we found that we'd got to a place where the stories could be different, the experience could be different, we didn't want to ship a next generation console.

"We've been using the Xbox 360 to continue to revive the experience, to go deeper. But it is clear that with power the types of stories you can do are fundamentally different."

Here's a list of confirmed Xbox One games. How do you think developers will make use of all that server magic?

Update - Here's a variation on the theme from Xbox Australia spokesman Adam Pollington, via Stevivor.

"It's also been stated that the Xbox One is ten times more powerful than the Xbox 360, so we're effectively 40 times greater than the Xbox 360 in terms of processing capabilities [using the cloud]. If you look to the cloud as something that is no doubt going to evolve and grow over time, it really spells out that there's no limit to where the processing power of Xbox One can go.

"I think that's a very exciting proposition, not only for Australians, but anyone else who's going to pick up the Xbox One console."
http://www.oxm.co.uk/54748/xbox-one-specs-are-boosted-by-the-equivalent-of-three-xbox-ones-in-the-cloud/

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2013, 02:57:25 PM »
I hope both consoles burn in hell, i wont be buying anything that thinks it has to right to keep me from selling used and TV on a game sytem is pointless if you have to plug your cable into it. IF its subscribed throught the system thats another story. All in all gaming has gone to shit from the making of mega distributers who sell use the same bullshit every year or copy anothers work or make us pay for content that should have been on the disc or even worse already is. I think they will get a rude awakening when they find out how much the used market also helps the industry by people who dont have the money trading in old for new. I know for one if i do end up getting one my game purchases will go from 10-15 a year to 1-5 if that. And anything im curious about will now likely only be purchased until its dirt cheap new. Definatly will not be buyihng any POS whored out COD's anymore that i cant sell it later. And the BS MS pulled with the new Gears only 4 MP maps at launch was a low even i never expected. BUt i guess nothing should surprise me anymore because gaming went from competing agaisnt eachother making unique works to putting out the same games every year at the same times charging the cost of the game in DLC, copying eachother and bending over gamers and F-ing them in the Ass. And if these consoles go over well its only gonna get worse from here.
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline Pakman3000

• Founding Father
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2013, 04:34:22 PM »
Damn, tell us how you really feel. I have no problem with seeing places like Gamestop get their cummupance. They rape gamers for their used games and then sell them for $5 off the MSRP. They keep 100% of the revenue. If M$ can figure a way to step in and make some money while getting the devs a cut, then so be it. They're not beholden to Gamestop's shareholders. My main concern is with selling the game person to person via craigslist. That's how I sell my games. Also how will Gamefly work with this new model? As for other concerns:

DRM: I'm always connected, don't pirate games and XBL has gone down more times than my ISP in the last 5 years. My only concern is with those XBL outages and playing my games without "teh cloud".

The Cloud: MS has alot of explaining to do with this. Their execs have been all over the place with no unified talking points since the announcement. Is "The Cloud" this gen's 4th Dimension, Emotion Engine or Blast Processing?

500GB: This is waaaayyyy more than enough for me. I don't juggle more than 1-2 games at a time so with installs, I'll be good. DLC will mostly be from yearly shooter iterations and won't fill up my drive over the life of the console. My personal photos vids etc are all on the Google Drive so I have no need for local storage.

Alot of gamers are coming down on MS, but they showed a console with specs. Sony didn't do half as much as MS did in their presser and it was twice as long.