Author Topic: XBOX ONE (NEW XBOX)  (Read 53079 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
XBOX ONE (NEW XBOX)
« on: May 21, 2013, 09:09:36 AM »
More to come....

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 609
    • Video Game Rumors
Re: XBOX ONE (NEW XBOX)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:39:08 AM »

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 02:16:12 PM »
So, with the XboxOne NFL agreement...

I don't get it.  What is supposed to be so great about it?  I can chat with people on the Xbox (via skype, aka a webcam) and get real time fantasy updates? 

Thats amazing.  But too bad I've already been able to do this, my computer has a camera at the top, which I could use already and I watch games on my TV and have my lap top computer running multiple windows streaming other games and stats all the time.  While chatting with you fools in here. 

So whats so great about this new Xbox? 

It seems to me, that they are marketing heavily towards the all for one entertainment box.  Are people really getting so dumb/lazy that they can't use their controller to change the source? 

Hopefully a lot more comes out of it, I'm sure there will be some awesome games.  Hopefully there will be some kind of Battlefield/COD hybrid out there that can incorporate the both of best worlds into one.  And not just rehash what we've been playing, a little bit prettier. 

Rant rant rant...

Offline Pakman3000

• Founding Father
  • Showtime's in your blood.
  • Showtime Karma: 405
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 02:17:42 PM »

Offline Pakman3000

• Founding Father
  • Showtime's in your blood.
  • Showtime Karma: 405
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 02:22:14 PM »

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 02:58:32 PM »
oh shit.. so it's DDR3 ram eh?   Sony beat them.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 03:01:25 PM »

Xbox One Does Require Internet Connection, Can't Play Offline Forever

The Xbox One doesn't have to be online all the time, but it does have to be online. Not just once in a while—once a day, according to Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison.

In a Q&A on their press site for the new Xbox, Microsoft tackles the always-on question with a strangely-worded answer: "No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet."

At the event in Redmond today, Kotaku boss Stephen Totilo asked Phil Harrison for clarification on this. And what Harrison told us might not please people who enjoy playing Xbox on military bases or other locations without Internet.

"There are many devices in your life that require the Internet to function," he said. "Xbox One is no different in that it requires, at some point in the beginning and at various times through its on state, to connect to our cloud and to our Internet. That is to deliver Xbox Live functionality, that is to deliver download content to you, that is to deliver some of the innovations around TV and entertainment that we showed today. But it doesn’t require it to be online all the time."

So how often does it check your connection? "Depends on the experience," Harrison said.

"For single-player games that don’t require connectivity to Xbox Live, you should be able to play those without interruption should your Internet connection go down. Blu-ray movies and other downloaded entertainment should be accessible when your Internet connection may be interrupted. But the device is fundamentally designed to be expanded and extended by the Internet as many devices are today."

And here's the bombshell:

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

So the system is built to work even if your Internet connection goes down, but you still have to be connected at least once a day to use it, according to Harrison. We're not sure exactly what would happen if you don't connect once per day—and that timeframe could change—but this doesn't sound good for anyone who was hoping to use Xbox One without an Internet connection.
http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »
our source was completely wrong.  110% wrong...

Xbox One not backward compatible with Xbox 360 games

The Xbox One won't play any existing Xbox 360 games, said Microsoft's Marc Whitten in an interview with The Verge.

The lack of backward compatibility results from the new console's hardware architecture, which is a significant departure from that of the Xbox 360. "The system is based on a different core architecture, so back-compat doesn't really work from that perspective," said Whitten, corporate vice president of Xbox Live.

In a Q&A about the Xbox One posted this afternoon, Microsoft representatives said, "We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games—games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud."

Microsoft "will continue to support [the Xbox 360] with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future," reads the Q&A.

The Xbox 360 does support certain original Xbox games through software emulation — more than 450 titles, almost half the console's library — although backward compatibility can be spotty, depending on the game in question.

Sony's PlayStation 4 is in the same situation as the next Xbox — it won't natively support PlayStation 3 games, because the upcoming system's AMD-made "Jaguar" x86 processor is too different from the PS3's Cell processor. Sony hopes to make back catalog games available on the PS4 through streaming and emulation.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4349698/xbox-one-not-backward-compatible-xbox-360

Offline Vapor

• 2011-2012 Showtime for Free Pick 'em Champion
  • Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 317
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 03:26:27 PM »
smart decision to skip backwards compatibility...if u want to play 360 games keep the 360
also it looks like a slot instead of a disc tray..another good decision...the question is will there be enough that I don't have to wait in line at walmart all day for the chance to buy one?i have a feeling the first shipment will be light to create a big demand and attract attention
21:07:32 VOLTAN: lotion took he ard black dick straightn up the ole galleys arse, with a +4 roll. biotch

(23:06:28) Szabada: If I had started Tannehill over stupid fuck face Cutler

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 529
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 04:31:20 PM »
oh shit.. so it's DDR3 ram eh?   Sony beat them.
Except that they mention afterwards that there's a certain amount of RAM that's on the same chip as the processor. Which might make the difference between DDR3 and 5 moot.  We'll see when both systems can be examined up close by the likes of iFixit. DDR3 would also make it cheaper.
Dusto
dustoman [at] gmail [dot] com

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 04:40:33 PM »
That 500GB drive is fixed in the system. No swapping out your own for a larger one. It will however, support external storage via USB.
Also, HDMI only? Talk about drawing a line in the sand. Wonder if the PS4 will be the same?
Dusto

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 04:49:18 PM »
oh shit.. so it's DDR3 ram eh?   Sony beat them.
Except that they mention afterwards that there's a certain amount of RAM that's on the same chip as the processor. Which might make the difference between DDR3 and 5 moot.  We'll see when both systems can be examined up close by the likes of iFixit. DDR3 would also make it cheaper.
please school me Dusto, or anyone else in the know.   All i know is people creamed their pants when Sony said it was 8 gigs of DDR5... and everyone on the boards everywhere are saying that's better than 8 gigs of DDR3.

but please, i hope i'm wrong,..so anyone. please tell me that my MAD lines are okay here!!

well, to be honest, i don't see PSN being anywhere near Live this gen... Xbox Live seems like they improved huge.

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 05:04:34 PM »
Giant Bomb has a good picture of the back. Notice they are going back to an integrated power supply. The 360 power brick is gone!
Dusto

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 05:09:26 PM »
Giant Bomb has a good picture of the back. Notice they are going back to an integrated power supply. The 360 power brick is gone!

great fucking pic!