Author Topic: Nintendo Won't Be Having An E3 Press Conference This Year  (Read 2163 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Nintendo Won't Be Having An E3 Press Conference This Year
« on: April 24, 2013, 06:59:19 PM »
 :3st:

Since the dawn of time, E3 has been for many people about one thing. Well, three. The three major press conferences from each platform holder.

This year, there won't be three. Nintendo is sitting this one out.

Citing the success of its Nintendo Direct events, and a desire to focus its presentations for different sections of the market, boss Satoru Iwata has said at today's investor Q&A that the company will instead hold a number of smaller events, such as one for distributors and one for Western press, which will be behind closed doors.

Iwata himself won't be making the presentations.

As for how information is going to be distributed to the consumer/fan at home, Iwata says the company is still looking at the best way to do this.
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-wont-be-having-an-e3-press-conference-this-ye-480309870

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
Re: Nintendo Won't Be Having An E3 Press Conference This Year
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 07:03:42 PM »
Odd.. usually they have an entertaining E3.. shame.. what a disaster Wii U is..

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 07:09:59 PM »

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 10:28:22 PM »

Offline RandomHero918

• 20C Member
  • Keeping it real...Real special.
  • Showtime Karma: 513
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 02:47:58 AM »
lets give the WiiU another year and see how well it is selling. Nintendo is making the same mistakes they made with the 3DS, launching the system without enough good games to play, but look at the 3DS now, selling like hotcakes and tons of new games on the way. I think they WiiU will follow in the way of the 3DS, slow out of the gate but eventually selling well. I have my doubts though, i love Nintendo but i have yet to the buy the WiiU myself, just waiting till after E3 and some new games are announced. I'll get it regaurdless just for Mario and Zelda.
XBL - RandomHero918
PSN - RandomHero918

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 05:03:50 AM »
lets give the WiiU another year and see how well it is selling. Nintendo is making the same mistakes they made with the 3DS, launching the system without enough good games to play, but look at the 3DS now, selling like hotcakes and tons of new games on the way. I think they WiiU will follow in the way of the 3DS, slow out of the gate but eventually selling well. I have my doubts though, i love Nintendo but i have yet to the buy the WiiU myself, just waiting till after E3 and some new games are announced. I'll get it regaurdless just for Mario and Zelda.

I hope you're right.. I'm not rooting for them to fail, but I never thought it would be this bad.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 06:43:24 AM »

I hope you're right.. I'm not rooting for them to fail, but I never thought it would be this bad.

y'alll obviously don't remember the Virtual Boy or the Gamecube. They'll bounce back, they always do. The only major concern I have now, is the fact that we have two next gen consoles coming out this fall. While Nintendo will march to the beat of their own drum, they're going to have to do a lot to compete directly. Much like the 3DS, it's likely we'll need to see a major game catalogue and a price drop before they start selling well. Regardless Nintendo fanboys be the craziest, if it says Nintendo, they'll buy it, and there are plenty of em.

Offline chaz_uk

• Founding Father, Gadget Moderator
  • Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 511
    • My Google+ Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 11:44:05 AM »
I'd pay good f'n money to see another Wii Music reveal, just for the lulz.

No Nintendo event at e3... Kinda sad when you think of it! :(
Pc gaming, tablet owning, smart phoning gadget user.

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 12:23:38 PM »
If the WiiU isn't doing all that hot I'd say its because so many people already have a Wii that they bought because it was cool and new, which is now collecting dust.  

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 08:50:12 AM »
I think Nintendo is making a huge mistake by not having the big press conferences this year.  They must be losing a ton of money right now to have to try and cut costs by not doing a full E3.  Sad.