Author Topic: Bought a new Computer!  (Read 2022 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Bought a new Computer!
« on: March 06, 2013, 08:21:18 PM »
Posting this new thread from my new computer!   I'll post some pics and specs in a bit... waiting for everyone to go to sleep... bubz

Offline RandomHero918

• 20C Member
  • Keeping it real...Real special.
  • Showtime Karma: 513
Re: Bought a new Computer!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 05:14:35 AM »
Now you just need to buy this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004QRKWKQ?qid=1362604390&sr=1-2

And then keep an eye out for those steam and amazon digital download sales!
XBL - RandomHero918
PSN - RandomHero918

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 609
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:02:59 AM »
Yeah, post some pics.. you gonna become a PC gamer now?

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 09:52:11 AM »
no pc gaming.. .not sure it can do it.. i just needed a new computer.   this is what i got..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+XPS+Desktop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/7622052.p?id=1218855257008&skuId=7622052

Specs:    Details:    Description:
Warranty Terms - Parts    1 year limited    
Warranty Terms - Labor    1 year limited    
Height    17.5 inches    
Width    7.3 inches    
Depth    16 inches    
Weight    30.4 pounds    
Processor Brand    Intel®    
Processor    Intel® 3rd Generation Core™ i5    (Also known as the CPU). The part of the computer that interprets and executes instructions. Think of it as the brain of the computer.
Processor Speed    3.1GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz)    How fast a computer processor carries out instructions. In general, faster is better, but processor speeds across brands may not be equivalent (i.e., a 3.0GHz AMD processor may not be the same speed as a 3.0GHz Intel processor).
Cache Memory    6MB    A small segment of memory that stores frequently used information for fast access by the processor, improving response time.
System Memory (RAM)    8GB    The memory a computer uses to run its operating system, applications and active data files. Greater amounts of RAM improve speed and enable more applications to run at once.
System Memory (RAM) Expandable To    32GB    Maximum amount of memory a computer can support (as opposed to the amount that comes preinstalled).
Type of Memory (RAM)    DDR3 SDRAM    
Hard Drive Type    SATA III (7200 rpm)    Hard drives are classified based on the interface they use to connect to a computer. Common interfaces for internal hard drives include EIDE, PATA (also known as, ATA and IDE), SATA and SCSI. Common interfaces for external hard drives include USB 2.0, FireWire and eSATA.
Hard Drive Size    1TB    Capacity for storing programs, photos, video, music and other electronic information. Hard drive capacities range from a few gigabytes to several hundred.
Graphics    AMD Radeon HD 7570    Type of graphics (video) adapter (usually built into the motherboard), identified by manufacturer and model.
Video Memory    1GB DDR5 (dedicated)    Manages display functions, including screen refresh rates, resolution and color. The more video memory a computer has, the better graphics and video will look.
Audio    Integrated 7.1-channel with Waves MaxxAudio    
Speakers    None    
Network Card    Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet LAN    Allows a computer to connect to a network either by using cables (Ethernet) or wireless technology (IEEE 802.11).
Wireless Networking    Built-in 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN    
Recordable DVD Drive    Yes, DVD±RW/CD-RW    Drive that can read CDs and DVDs, as well as write and rewrite CDs and various types of DVDs.
Recordable DVD Drive Speeds    Drive speeds not specified    Maximum write (DVD±R), rewrite (DVD±RW) and read (DVD-ROM) speeds of the DVD±RW drive.
Direct-Disc Labeling    No    
Digital Media Reader or Slots    Yes, digital media card reader    
USB 2.0 Ports    4 USB 3.0 (2 front, 2 rear); 6 USB 2.0 (2 top, 4 rear)    Ports that allow high-speed (up to 480 Mbps) data transfer between compatible devices.
Keyboard Description    Multimedia    Indicates design, functionality or connection features. Some keyboards offer special buttons for gaming or multimedia use, while other keyboards include features such as illumination or wireless connectivity.
Other Control Devices (mouse, etc.)    6-button laser mouse    
Operating System Platform    Windows    
Operating System    Windows 8    The master software that controls hardware functions and provides a platform on top of which any software applications will run. Commonly used systems include Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X for computers and Palm OS and Microsoft Windows Mobile for PDAs.
Software Included    CyberLink Media Suite Essentials    
ENERGY STAR Certified    No    
Best Buy PC App    No    
HDMI Output    Yes    
Blu-ray Player    No    
Graphics Chip    AMD/ATI    
Drive Capacity    1TB    
Discrete Graphics    Yes    
UPC    884116104599    

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 609
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 10:06:04 AM »
Nice!

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 727
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 07:16:02 AM »
Congrats!!!

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 01:06:50 PM »
Welcome to the xps family.

How you liking the windows 8 interface?

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 03:28:39 PM »
i like it!    it takes some getting used to, but i feel like i'm on my xbox or phone at times with that app page.    pretty cool so far. 

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 07:17:17 AM »
hows it working with out a touch screen? at times im sure it might be easier with just a keyboard and mouse then other times I wonder how in the hell it would work with them.  touch screens can get annoying as hell. I miss the normal computer

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 10:43:24 AM »
@DustoMan @hdinred any other computer guys... this is what it says when I look at the Xbox DVR directions for that new Xbox app on windows 10...

What hardware do I need to record Xbox game clips on my PC?

Your PC needs to have one of these video cards:
AMD: AMD Radeon HD 7000 series, HD 7000M series, HD 8000 series, HD 8000M series, R9 series, and R7 series.
NVIDIA: GeForce 600 series or later, GeForce 800M series or later, Quadro Kxxx series or later.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=What+hardware+do+I+need+to+use+Game+DVR+in+Windows+10?&filters=guid:%228e26c45f-4013-44b8-84bb-7fd31fa6062a%22%20lang:%22en-us%22&form=S00028

My computer doesn't have the HD7000 series?  Says it's an HD 7500... Radeon.   What the?

no pc gaming.. .not sure it can do it.. i just needed a new computer.   this is what i got..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+XPS+Desktop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/7622052.p?id=1218855257008&skuId=7622052

Specs:    Details:    Description:
Warranty Terms - Parts    1 year limited    
Warranty Terms - Labor    1 year limited    
Height    17.5 inches    
Width    7.3 inches    
Depth    16 inches    
Weight    30.4 pounds    
Processor Brand    Intel®    
Processor    Intel® 3rd Generation Core™ i5    (Also known as the CPU). The part of the computer that interprets and executes instructions. Think of it as the brain of the computer.
Processor Speed    3.1GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz)    How fast a computer processor carries out instructions. In general, faster is better, but processor speeds across brands may not be equivalent (i.e., a 3.0GHz AMD processor may not be the same speed as a 3.0GHz Intel processor).
Cache Memory    6MB    A small segment of memory that stores frequently used information for fast access by the processor, improving response time.
System Memory (RAM)    8GB    The memory a computer uses to run its operating system, applications and active data files. Greater amounts of RAM improve speed and enable more applications to run at once.
System Memory (RAM) Expandable To    32GB    Maximum amount of memory a computer can support (as opposed to the amount that comes preinstalled).
Type of Memory (RAM)    DDR3 SDRAM    
Hard Drive Type    SATA III (7200 rpm)    Hard drives are classified based on the interface they use to connect to a computer. Common interfaces for internal hard drives include EIDE, PATA (also known as, ATA and IDE), SATA and SCSI. Common interfaces for external hard drives include USB 2.0, FireWire and eSATA.
Hard Drive Size    1TB    Capacity for storing programs, photos, video, music and other electronic information. Hard drive capacities range from a few gigabytes to several hundred.
Graphics    AMD Radeon HD 7570    Type of graphics (video) adapter (usually built into the motherboard), identified by manufacturer and model.
Video Memory    1GB DDR5 (dedicated)    Manages display functions, including screen refresh rates, resolution and color. The more video memory a computer has, the better graphics and video will look.
Audio    Integrated 7.1-channel with Waves MaxxAudio    

Speakers    None    
Network Card    Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet LAN    Allows a computer to connect to a network either by using cables (Ethernet) or wireless technology (IEEE 802.11).
Wireless Networking    Built-in 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN    
Recordable DVD Drive    Yes, DVD±RW/CD-RW    Drive that can read CDs and DVDs, as well as write and rewrite CDs and various types of DVDs.
Recordable DVD Drive Speeds    Drive speeds not specified    Maximum write (DVD±R), rewrite (DVD±RW) and read (DVD-ROM) speeds of the DVD±RW drive.
Direct-Disc Labeling    No    
Digital Media Reader or Slots    Yes, digital media card reader    
USB 2.0 Ports    4 USB 3.0 (2 front, 2 rear); 6 USB 2.0 (2 top, 4 rear)    Ports that allow high-speed (up to 480 Mbps) data transfer between compatible devices.
Keyboard Description    Multimedia    Indicates design, functionality or connection features. Some keyboards offer special buttons for gaming or multimedia use, while other keyboards include features such as illumination or wireless connectivity.
Other Control Devices (mouse, etc.)    6-button laser mouse    
Operating System Platform    Windows    
Operating System    Windows 8    The master software that controls hardware functions and provides a platform on top of which any software applications will run. Commonly used systems include Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X for computers and Palm OS and Microsoft Windows Mobile for PDAs.
Software Included    CyberLink Media Suite Essentials    
ENERGY STAR Certified    No    
Best Buy PC App    No    
HDMI Output    Yes    
Blu-ray Player    No    
Graphics Chip    AMD/ATI    
Drive Capacity    1TB    
Discrete Graphics    Yes    
UPC    884116104599    

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 529
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 10:52:00 AM »
Download this program and tell me what shows up under the Graphics Tab.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Download the 64-bit Setup, make sure you don't install the adware the installer tries to get you to put in.

EDIT: I'm seeing some people online who have cards that are supposed to be compatible, but it's not working for them either. ATI and Nvidia. This could get fixed with a driver update or an update to the Xbox app.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:59:20 AM by DustoMan »
Dusto
dustoman [at] gmail [dot] com

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 12:43:57 PM »
Should I wait to see if others have that problem too get fixed?  Or you want me to still download that and let you know what it says... out of curiosity?