Author Topic: *Official* Battlefield 4 thread...  (Read 17446 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 677
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
*Official* Battlefield 4 thread...
« on: January 31, 2013, 04:11:03 PM »

Battlefield 4 Reveal Incoming “In About 90 Days”

Expect more Battlefield goodness in about three months, according to Electronic Arts.
Commenting earlier on the recent challenges that EA faced with the poor reception of Medal of Honor: Warfighter, the company made it clear that it would no longer be included in the rotation of yearly blockbuster shooters. However,  chief operating officer Peter Moore expressed the company’s intent “to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings.”

When asked to clarify in a recent earnings call what was exactly meant by this, President of EA Labels Frank Gibeau said, “it was really about a hit missing, but the rest of the studios have really performed and delivered on their goals.”

He added, to clarify Moore’s earlier statement, “…we’ve already talked a little bit about that we have a Battlefield title coming next year, but we’re not in a position right now to talk about our development plans and our SKU plan long term. That will come in about 90 days when we get to show you some Battlefield stuff.”

Considering post-launch DLC support for Battlefield 3 will (officially) end by March, after the release of End Game, an official reveal of DICE’s next installment in the series would be more than likely by April, the latest. With Battlefield 4 being an obvious choice, might we also hear talk of an increased production rate of Battlefield games in general?

Earlier in April, Sony and Microsoft are rumored to reveal next-generation hardware as well. This could tie in to the reveal of next-gen “Battlefield stuff,” seeing that EA CEO John Riccitiello stated later in the call, “we think Battlefield and FIFA are going to help us lead as we move into the next set of technology opportunities and platform opportunities, and continue to get bigger.”

So far, Battlefield 4 has only been confirmed to release before March, 2014.

Are you excited to hear more about Battlefield 4?

Via, StickSkills and VideoGamer.
http://mp1st.com/2013/01/31/battlefield-4-reveal-incoming-in-about-90-days/

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 601
Re: *Official* Battlefield 4 thread...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:30:12 PM »
I rather them make Bad Company 3 and release BF4 as a next gen game.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 04:39:18 PM »
I think it will still be a next gen game as well.

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 05:52:50 PM »
Yeah, that sounds to me like Bf4 would be a next gen thing

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 726
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:36:20 PM »
Durango launch title perhaps?  Where does that leave the Orbis version tho.....??

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 622
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 09:57:33 PM »
However,  chief operating officer Peter Moore expressed the company’s intent “to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings.”

Ugg.... I have nothing against the idea of BF4 being a launch/early title for the next gen consoles, I honestly kinda think they shoulda waited it out with BF3, I mean the difference between the PC and console versions are pretty staggering.... In theory and hopefully, on the next gen consoles they should more or less be on par with the PC version.

However, we don't need a new BF title every two years. There simply isn't enough time for a company to advance much of anything in two years. I don't know why I expected anything different from DICE (especially since they are owned by EA). I just think it'd be kinda neat to see a big leap forward in the FPS genre.

Started with Wolfenstien 3D which was amazing, made a small leap forward with Doom, a bit bigger of a leap with Doom, then Medal of Honor (PC only the console version were pretty shitty....), Halflife/Counterstrike was a huge leap forward (in fact I would say we're still basically all still playing a CS clone), Halo was a big jump for consoles, and then COD 4 was the last major advancement in the FPS genre. Five freaking years ago! It's been stagnant since and essentially the same crap over and over again. It's really no different then when Wolf3D/Doom hit the market and were popular, we got a lot of shitty clones. I'd like to see the next big advancement already. Hopefully it will come next gen, but if EA and Activision stick with their business models (and why wouldn't they, they're printing money like crazy) the likelyhood we'll see it any time soon is highly unlikely, and I'd go so far to say that it'll come from a company we haven't heard (much?) about yet.

I rather them make Bad Company 3 and release BF4 as a next gen game.

The Bad Company titles were cool and it's sad to see that apparently DICE has no interest in that franchise any longer.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Karma: 608
    • Video Game Rumors
Re: Battlefield 4 *Official Thread*
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 08:25:14 AM »
Looking forward to it! Is this the year Battlefield becomes more important to us then COD?

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 09:03:09 AM »
if it's at 60 fps on the next gen consoles, then yes it can be.     

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Karma: 601
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 10:33:31 AM »
Not confirmed but....
Next Gen consoles do 60fps
64 players online (next Gen only)
Destruction would be more along the line of BF Bad Company which is great.
 Frostbite engine will be upgraded.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 05:45:59 PM »
sounds great to me!  :drinks2:

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 06:10:57 PM »
Many new details of DICE’s upcoming next-generation Battlefield 4 FPS have been leaked by Chiphell forums. According to the leaker, the details would be mentioned in the April issue of the Edge magazine while the game itself would be announced at GDC 2013 during 26th – 27th March. A teaser sneak peak along with cover image of Battlefield 4 have already been released which you can view here.
Battlefield 4 Gets Frosbite 2.5 Engine – Destruction 4.0, Tessellation, Dynamic Weather Affects

In our previous article, we mentioned how the next generation Battlefield 4 would utilize 80% of the Frostbite engine’s power compared to 30% utilization in Battlefield 3. The new Frostbite 2.5 engine would feature much more enhanced visuals with PC being the lead platform for the game. According to the details, Battlefield 4 would maintain a steady 60 FPS on 720P resolution on both next generation consoles which include the PS4 and Xbox 720 which is a slight bit of a disappointment since earlier rumors suggested 1080P/60 FPS target for the next-gen consoles. However, the next generation consoles including the PC would get 64 players while the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 would stick to the default 24 player setup which is currently seen on Battlefield 4.

Frostbite 2.5 would be a complete overhaul of the current Frostbite 2.0 engine with DirectX 11 compatibility only on PC. Furthermore, the game would feature Dynamic weather effects such as rain, sandstorms, fog, haze and would be totally random. Each map would get these dynamic weather effects and would change depending on the variable conditions. As you may have noted, the cover image shows a glimpse of these weather effects such as rain. Battlefield 4 would also bring back the much renowned and upgraded Destruction 4.0 system to the game which would offer destructible environments and buildings which we saw back in Bad Company 2. PC versions would benefit from compute power which would render these dynamic destructible effects much more realistically. Furthermore, all of the environment including water, terrain and characters/NPC would make use of the new tessellation technology implemented inside Frostbite 2.5.
Battlefield 4 – Set in China During 2020, Maps, Weapons Confirmed

The game would be set in 2020 but maintains a modern day setting featuring China and USA as the main infantry factions. The single player section of the game would be around 5-6 hours long in which there would be 2 campaigns of the PLA factions and would bring back the renowned animation effects of Bad Company series. Just like Battlefield 3′s Capsian border where the main tower collapses at the end of the game, a map would be based in Shanghai China at the end of which the Orient Pearl tower would collapse. Not much single player details were given but there are a ton of Multiplayer details such as the maps which include:
Ads by Google

Diaoyu Island
    Tiananmen
    Shanghai Bund
    Xizhimen
    Xizhimen Rush

These are only a few of the total maps featured in Battlefield 4. Weapons such as the famouse Chinese J20, Y20, Xianglong would appear in the game along with those from other factions. Two of the confirmed tanks include M1A2 TUSK and PLA Type 99 each featuring their own set of customization options such as laser guidance and armor piercing rounds. Best thing that’s mentioned in the leak is that Air Combat zone would be further increased giving much more room for dog fights with jets.

Commander system as expected is definately making a return to the game with the leading commander Providing fire, recharges and UAV detection support to their team. Skill system has also been overhauled. According to the leak, Micro-transactions would be available in the game but they won’t affect the balance of the game at all and are entirely optional which is great to hear. As for DLC’s, the game would get after a while a map pack which would bring four further maps to the game which include:

Power station in Dalian
    Daqing oil field
    The great wall of China
    Wake Island (Classic Battlefield Map)

In my Battlefield 4 teaser video post i mentioned that if even half of these features came true, Battlefield 4 would be an absolute beast of an FPS. With today’s leak, things are hyped up on my end and im really looking forward to GDC 2013′s announcement of DICE’s upcoming gem aka Battlefield 4.

As you may note, the footage shows a tank gearing up and moving forward. It also shows a reveal on 27th March.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/battlefield-4-sticks-720p60-fps-nextgen-consoles-frostbite-25-game-details-leaked-arriving-november-2013/#ixzz2O2fMvfCs

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Karma: 608
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 04:35:36 PM »
New trailer tonight... leaked screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/p4mD0

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »
wow. that looks great!     i can't wait for this fall and next gen consoles!

OMEGA BOMBS

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 06:09:50 PM »
wow. that looks great!     i can't wait for this fall and next gen consoles!

Hell ya it does, I'm excited about my first BF.  I played the arcade one on live but that's it.