Author Topic: Sony ‘Employee' Review: ‘I Don't Have A Lot Of Confidence That Orbis Will Sell W  (Read 1538 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
Hot damn! He's right though, SCEA management tries to hard to copy others..

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
this next gen should be interesting.  crazy to see even the employees a bit fed up with the clueless management.

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
I don't think any of the new consoles are going to sell well.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
i think in north america... Durango is going to be a beast.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
i think in north america... Durango is going to be a beast.

Sony was a powerhouse when they were innovating. Provided they have still been making attempts kinda/sorta. With Blu-Ray and 3D-TV's being their last thing they were trying to flood the casual market with, and were even fairly successful with. This however doesn't even compare to the effect the Walkman had.

As far as video games go, they've been emulating the competition this entire gen. I don't have much hope for their future.

If and when Valve and/or Apple targets the living room gaming market Sony wont make it out alive unless they do something BIG, and I don't see that happening.

MS will survive primarily because they are MS and have the capital to compete with anything, it's just a matter if whether or not they think they can continue to print money out of the console market. Durango will sell plenty this coming gen, at the very least in the US/UK. After that.... who knows.

Nintendo of course is nintendo and they have their own loyal fanbase and will likely always survive. I'm not sure if I'd consider them competition for sony/ms any more though. I think they are in a market all of their own.

There has just been way too much loss of faith in the sony brand. From the overpriced console that didn't blow the 360 out of the water graphically or otherwise, ever. Yes there are a few titles that look better on the ps3 than the 360, Uncharted series comes to mind, it's something that should have been a constant if they were going to spend that much money on hardware. PSN being what it is, even though it's fully functional now, and it's security issues. Multiple exclusives that didn't live up to expectations or even get released at all. Just a lot of lost faith.... I mean yes, there is the SDF who would never publicly admit any fault with their precious Sony brand, but I think even that comes at a price.

For Sony to survive, they need to do something big, something new. On top of that they need to update PSN like a mofo. They need to have competitive hardware at a competitive price. They aren't dead yet, but they are continuing to go down hill.

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
You make a good point Caine.  You all know I'm not techy at all and don't follow this stuff much, if at all.  But it would seem to me that Apple jumping into the market is going to really hurt all of those currently in it.  They don't seem to do much of anything half assed and they have a ton of chips to play with, and they're super trendy right now.  Speaking of... I just saw a commercial for the "Re-imagined" PC by Vizio, looks like an iMac.