Author Topic: Iraq War Monument Cape Coral, FL.  (Read 6863 times)

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
Re: Iraq War Monument Cape Coral, FL.
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2013, 05:17:07 PM »
I'm uploading the pics to the Iraq Monument Photobucket.  I will post the link once it is done.

Mischa

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 609
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2013, 09:51:58 AM »
I'm uploading the pics to the Iraq Monument Photobucket.  I will post the link once it is done.

Mischa
Cool..

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2013, 06:13:52 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.191803887642810.1073741828.116621031827763&type=3

Here is the photos off of the Facebook page.  I can't upload to Photobucket for some reason.

Mischa.

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2013, 06:31:11 PM »

Video from the first pitch. 

Mid thanks for liking the facebook page!!

https://www.facebook.com/IraqWarMonumentCapeCoralFL

If anyone else would "Like" the facebook page here is the url.

Mischa

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2013, 07:59:26 PM »
great pictures mischa!   great everything!   great job on everything, you deserve all of that.

oh, and your pitch was way better than Ba Ba Booey's on the Howard Stern show.  much better!   :party:

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2013, 08:08:58 PM »
Thanks Mid as I said I didn't even know I was going to throw the first pitch.  Also next Saturday we are going to have a table setup at the Florida Tarpons Indoor Football League Championship game.  This will be next Saturday the 8th.  This whole thing is coming along.  We will also have our newscast either the 12th or the 19th not sure yet.

Mischa.

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2013, 07:28:37 PM »
We will be "Unveiling" our Monument at the Cape Coral, FL Red, White & Boom on JULY 4TH!!  I could not have thought of a better day to do this on.  The groundbreaking will probably be a week later.  I have updated the facebook & website with that information!!

We hopefully will have at least one major news network covering it.  I e-mailed all 3 of them and I will post back if they respond.

Mischa

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »
Check it out!  Great job Mischa!   GREAT JOB!   :party:   I see you at the 1:15 mark of the video!   :woot!:

Iraq War monument dedication in Cape Coral

CAPE CORAL, FL -

It was an emotional afternoon in Cape Coral as hundreds packed Eco Park for the dedication of a new Iraq War monument on Sunday.

A bond that will never be broken was represented by a monument that shows the personal sacrifice and commitment so many local men and women made.

The new Iraq monument proudly stands at Eco Park.

"I know fellow soldiers that can't be here. It's a big honor just to have them honored," said U.S. Army Veteran Adam Englehart.

Veterans, their families and those who simply came out to pay their respects took time to see the monument that's been in the making for years.

For the Iraq veterans at the dedication, a wreath was laid by an Honor Guard as veterans stood at attention.

"Being a veteran of Iraq, it's very important. It brings closure to a lot of folks. It means [a lot] for people to come look at it and know they are appreciated by their community. It's an extreme honor," said veteran and builder Jeff Rousey.

The five-star monument was designed by a Cape Coral High School student.

It will soon be lined with more than 1,600 dog tags for local veterans who served.

"It means a lot for the community to express their gratitude to the soldiers, sailors, airman and marines who served and continue to serve today," said Rousey.

It's a monument, rather than a memorial honoring those who served and continued to serve to protect our flag and the freedom it represents.
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/23929751/iraq-war-monument-dedication-in-cape-coral#.UoBiRuIlg9t

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/23929751/iraq-war-monument-dedication-in-cape-coral#.UoAxc_lOMYE?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9512886