Author Topic: Tales from Solis Minecraft Server  (Read 4708 times)

Offline SuspectedTuna

• Stepping it up!
  • Showtime Karma: 30
Re: Tales from Solis Minecraft Server
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 05:06:40 PM »
that was a real treat last night.      maybe i'll buy the pc version now, and join you guys in there sometime.

It was fun to finally show you guys :D We pulled the video from the stream and are going to edit it for anyone that missed it. Then we will post it back up again.

Wow!  Is that how big the worlds are on the computer version?

I tried to find out how big the map was and I got a bunch of different answers. But it could be both of these answers but:

-8 times the surface area of the earth
-to the edge of the map from the center is 31% of the circumference of the earth.

The world will keep on generating, so the edge of our world is, more world. :D

Offline DeathWish001

• 20C Legend
  • Stepping it up!
  • Showtime Karma: 29
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 05:23:45 PM »
The world will keep on generating, so the edge of our world is, more world. :D

I like to add, there is a file size limit. the world can get bigger to a point. once it hits a certain GB size the world will stop saving. but if you compare the Xbox world files limit to the PC, its WAY larger. but there is one problem to having big worlds ---> :tumble:

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 12:35:50 PM »
:picspicspics!:

Lets see some more shots of that glorious kingdom!

I'll second that notion!!

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 04:43:29 PM »
I'll put this in this thread.. watch out guys!

Minecraft Servers Down After Web-Breaking OpenSSL Bug Discovered

Hundreds of websites and servers are to be affected after the discovery of a web-breaking bug that makes an estimated two-thirds of all servers accessible to hackers. Passwords, bank details and more could be available to those that know how to get them, and itís not just favourite websites that are affected. The Minecraft servers, for starters, have been temporarily shut down while developer Mojang looks into the problem.

Notch took to Twitter to explain why people were having problems logging in, and asked them to be careful.

Itís unlikely that Mojang will be the only company good enough to close their servers while they research the problem this might cause for users, but they were certainly the first. Theyíve reacted quickly, and itíll be interesting to see how others react.

The problem with the OpenSSL bug is that, even though it is now fixed, those that exploited it ahead of the patch may still be able to access the servers. For popular sites and games, itís very possible someone decided to try to break into the servers and, if they knew this exploit, would still be able to do so.

From Ars Technica:

The bug, which is officially referenced as CVE-2014-0160, makes it possible for attackers to recover up to 64 kilobytes of memory from the server or client computer running a vulnerable OpenSSL version.
http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/04/minecraft-servers-web-breaking-openssl-bug-discovered/

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 07:56:46 AM »
Hey @DustoMan .. have my X1 controller into my PC and am wondering how to get it to work with Minecraft?  I have the new drivers as well for the X1 controller to work.. was just curious if there was something I could do to use the controller.  I hate the keyboard and mouse combo. 

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 529
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 08:16:58 AM »
I don't know if this program will work. It's for the 360 controller. You could give this a try.
http://github.com/joshjcarrier/minecontrol
Dusto
dustoman [at] gmail [dot] com

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 08:27:15 AM »
Thanks.. I think tuna or somebody pm'd me on facebook long time ago with something like this.. it should work!