Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 3751 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: Gardening
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 06:53:21 AM »
Mid, just so you know though.  Plan ahead before you plant them (or before they've been planted for a long time and the roots spread out) because trees are a PAIN IN THE ASS TO MOVE!!!!!!!!   And they can get big, and might cause problems with walls, houses and even your neighbors shit.  I just cut a vine down from one of my border walls, it looked ok but kept crawling up my walls and over the fence into our neighbors yard.  They never said anything about it but its a lot of maintenance to keep it tamed.  So I just cut the bitch down.  Filled up my entire green trash receptacle.
good looking stuff brother!   lucky to have what looks like all your backyard walls are brick walls!    that's good.   only one side of mine is.   the others are rickety wood fences i need to replace someday.

and ya, we have my step mom helping with advice...she's a GM at one of the village nurserys, so she knows what she's doing i'm assuming.      what she got us were dwarf trees... and they will only get from 8 to 12 feet.     the avocado one might be the tallest.   i post those on facebook... let's see if the pics will show up here...

Here is Jaxen Orange Tree we planted a little after he was born last year.   it's starting to blossom right now.

it's a Valencia Orange

Meyers Lemon Tree here just put it in Sunday.

And I'll have to check the name on this Avocado Tree.

and a pic of the row.

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 07:34:37 AM »
I just got my weeping willow trees!!! i have to wait til the ground dries a little more so we can plant them. theyre gonna get HUGE!

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 12:18:12 AM »
That vine is growing back, and I could have sworn that thing would be dead.  Bitches!!!!

The wife told me to get her a house plant for V-Day. Something to improve the house.  So I was at Home Depot today browsing around, and I actually want to get a Peach tree for the yard.  So, while I was there I actually saw a couple of Coconut Trees... Whaa?  Those things are pretty much impossible to grow here unless you have a green house.  Any frost at all and boom, your dead.  But supposedly there is one in Newport, by Triangle square I believe.   

I think I'm going to buy one... probably two.  Just because.  Why not?  It would be awesome if somehow, someway I could have two mother f'n Coconut Trees!!!  :woot!:

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 727
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 03:59:28 PM »
That vine is growing back, and I could have sworn that thing would be dead.  Bitches!!!!

The wife told me to get her a house plant for V-Day. Something to improve the house.  So I was at Home Depot today browsing around, and I actually want to get a Peach tree for the yard.  So, while I was there I actually saw a couple of Coconut Trees... Whaa?  Those things are pretty much impossible to grow here unless you have a green house.  Any frost at all and boom, your dead.  But supposedly there is one in Newport, by Triangle square I believe.   

I think I'm going to buy one... probably two.  Just because.  Why not?  It would be awesome if somehow, someway I could have two mother f'n Coconut Trees!!!  :woot!:

Dood!!! Freakin coconut trees?!?!?!   That's so awesome!!

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 10:43:22 PM »
So I got to work in the yard again today.  Had to make some room for the lemon tree, it was being choked by the hedges and getting forced to grow straight up... annoying.  So I knocked two of the hedges out.  And I'm going to take a whole row down tomorrow.  Should be fun. 

After one hedge knocked out...

After both of them had been knocked out, you can see the big difference on the right hand side of the lemon tree. 

Oh yeah, and the Coconut palms sitting on the A/C unit, of course Bosco ate one of them...  :freakout:

And of course all of the lemons that came off in the pruning, and my tools.  Got a good workout.  Still a ton on the tree too. 

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 10:59:31 PM »
nice dude.   that looks good.   now that tree will be able to get bushier for ya.   nice work.