Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 3917 times)

Offline SadisticKeith

• Learn to Play Moderator
  • Founding Father
  • In the Showtime for Free, Wolfpack.
  • Showtime Karma: 544
Gardening
« on: June 27, 2012, 03:50:58 PM »
Anybody into it? We started gardening several months ago. We got all kinds of stuff in and out of our yard. We planted: Corn, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Habaneros, Jalapenos, Rosemary, Cucumbers, other spicy and sweet peppers, beans, peas, spinach, Onions, Garlic, AK-47 OG (harvested and curing), Blackberry Kush OG, AK-47 OG (seedlings), Chemdog OG, King Loius XIII OG, and Diablo OG....It has been pretty awesome so far. About to harvest our bin, I will post pictures soon. Anybody else into gardening? Any other Medical Marijuana patients who grow their own medicine?

This my BOOMSTICK!

"Oh, that's just what we call 'pillow talk' baby, that's all"

Ash

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
Re: Gardening
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 04:08:52 PM »
I killed one of my Pygmy Date Palm trees when I transplanted it I think, along with the Jasmine plants too... pieces of shit!  Now I have to replace them because the front of my house looks like shit now.  Mother Fuck!!!  But I also dug a "I don't know what" out of my backyard that was growing underneath an Avocado tree, that has yet to produce fruit.  Not sure how old it is though.  The "I don't know what" is either a banana tree, or white bird of paradise.  But it's in a pot and recovering nicely from the move, so we'll find out soon enough I guess. 

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 05:14:36 PM »
Good thread... Jenny and I are about to start own Garden real soon...  we have our Apple Tree, and Orange Tree starting, a Strawberry plant, a Blueberry bush and... meh, I think that's all.. we're going to start our raised bed garden soon, and want to also plant pumpkins next month to get ready for Halloween.

Offline SadisticKeith

• Founding Father
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 09:42:52 AM »
I killed one of my Pygmy Date Palm trees when I transplanted it I think, along with the Jasmine plants too... pieces of shit!  Now I have to replace them because the front of my house looks like shit now.  Mother Fuck!!!  But I also dug a "I don't know what" out of my backyard that was growing underneath an Avocado tree, that has yet to produce fruit.  Not sure how old it is though.  The "I don't know what" is either a banana tree, or white bird of paradise.  But it's in a pot and recovering nicely from the move, so we'll find out soon enough I guess. 

That is awesome. We got a giant bird of paradise I forgot about as well as an apple tree, huge rose bush (my wife's) and an orange tree. We lost two Diablo clones due to transplant shock...Looks like we will be cloning the hell out of our one remaining.

Good thread... Jenny and I are about to start own Garden real soon...  we have our Apple Tree, and Orange Tree starting, a Strawberry plant, a Blueberry bush and... meh, I think that's all.. we're going to start our raised bed garden soon, and want to also plant pumpkins next month to get ready for Halloween.

We have an apple tree and an orange tree as well. We want to get either a banana tree or a coconut palm.
This my BOOMSTICK!

Ash

Offline timbobarry

• All First Team
  • Showtime Karma: 215
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 06:56:01 PM »
My yard is dying and would go up in a second if someone lit a match around it. Doesn't help that it's been in the 100s all week. Wish we were allowed rock lawns on base.

Offline SadisticKeith

• Founding Father
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:37:11 PM »
My yard is dying and would go up in a second if someone lit a match around it. Doesn't help that it's been in the 100s all week. Wish we were allowed rock lawns on base.

Our yard is mostly clay. We had to dig trenches and fill it with soil in order to grow anything at all.
This my BOOMSTICK!

Ash

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 07:31:40 PM »
the inlaws here have a huge garden, and by garden i mean about 15 field rows, on the side field and bout 4 small rows in the front.

field has: potatoes, "butterbeans" green beans firld peas, squash, brocolli, coliflower,cabbage, collards, turnips, mustards, pumpkins, peanuts, peppers, onions, okra  and a bunch of other shit i have no idea what it is  then out front is peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, bell peppers, banana peppeers, shit ton of different tomatoes and other peppers, and bunch of other stuff.

it sounds all oh cool and awesome but im going to haveto go out and pick that shit in the next few weeks and be little miss freaking farm hand. oh yea and then across the street is a field full of corn, watermelon cantalope and other stuff....

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 08:22:09 PM »
the inlaws here have a huge garden, and by garden i mean about 15 field rows, on the side field and bout 4 small rows in the front.

field has: potatoes, "butterbeans" green beans firld peas, squash, brocolli, coliflower,cabbage, collards, turnips, mustards, pumpkins, peanuts, peppers, onions, okra  and a bunch of other shit i have no idea what it is  then out front is peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, bell peppers, banana peppeers, shit ton of different tomatoes and other peppers, and bunch of other stuff.

it sounds all oh cool and awesome but im going to haveto go out and pick that shit in the next few weeks and be little miss freaking farm hand. oh yea and then across the street is a field full of corn, watermelon cantalope and other stuff....

Thats what the kids are for!  My grandparents used to have a decent sized "farm" in their backyard.  A much bigger one while they were living up in Nor Cal but the one here was cool.  Pretty much the first thing I would do when we went over there was go out to the back and check out what my grandpa was growing.  And driving the tractor was freaking fun, tilling all kinds of shit up. 

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 07:40:06 AM »
yea im not doing that, im just the one who has to go out and pick beans, or what ever is ready... luckily it has only been beans every few days, in the next month or so its gna be a whole lot more everyday... and its too damn hot to be doing it.

Offline mondayshift

• "I'm not a hot asian chick"
  • Founding Father
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 605
    • flickr
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 07:53:47 AM »
my wife does all the yard and gardening stuff.
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, I punch your face!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondayshift/

Offline SadisticKeith

• Founding Father
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »
We started because our roommate wanted veggies and we wanted medicine.
This my BOOMSTICK!

Ash

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »

hahaha now thats a good reason!

Offline SadisticKeith

• Founding Father
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 07:04:57 PM »

hahaha now thats a good reason!

Four out of five people in our house have medical marijuana recommendation so we figured "wtf?"
This my BOOMSTICK!

Ash

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 10:52:31 PM »
Mid posted pictures of his trees somewhere so I went out and took some pictures of mine as well, thought I'd share.  Maybe I'll take a picture of those damn pygmy date palms I killed.  Sucks, because those things are freaking expensive as shit and they would have been just fine (most likely) where they were.  I just simply fucked up when I moved them, oh well... lessons learned. 

But here's my Lemon tree, it's kind of bunched into a corner by the hedge things, those will probably be taken down eventually but they do add some good privacy so who knows for sure, followed by what I believe to be an Avocado tree, with what I also believe to be a Banana tree which is in front of the Palm tree row next to the side walk.   :drinks2:
The grass is a work in progress as the dog has torn it up a bit, we'll see how it does after the winter. 

Sorry if the size of the pictures is too much... but they aren't that big. 

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 10:56:41 PM »
Mid, just so you know though.  Plan ahead before you plant them (or before they've been planted for a long time and the roots spread out) because trees are a PAIN IN THE ASS TO MOVE!!!!!!!!   And they can get big, and might cause problems with walls, houses and even your neighbors shit.  I just cut a vine down from one of my border walls, it looked ok but kept crawling up my walls and over the fence into our neighbors yard.  They never said anything about it but its a lot of maintenance to keep it tamed.  So I just cut the bitch down.  Filled up my entire green trash receptacle.