Author Topic: MLB 2012...  (Read 18262 times)

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
Re: MLB 2012...
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 10:45:51 PM »
How are the Dodgers doing anyways?  Haven't heard much about them lately.  All I know is Kemp is/was on the 15 day DL... but that started a while ago.  But from what I heard the 15 day was a best case scenario, hamstring wasn't it? 

Dodgers just have the best record in baseball right now, that's all.   :lurker:

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2012, 10:08:10 AM »
The day after I ask for a Dodger update we get one... sort of.  Stay Classy Dodger Stadium.  I don't believe the article says who they were rooting for, but I hope they were both Dodgers fans... otherwise opposing fans will really not feel safe going to this stadium anymore.  All the more reason to do the best thing I've heard of.  Tear it down and build a football stadium, move the Dodgers downtown! 

LOS ANGELES -- A driver was beaten in the Dodger Stadium parking lot after a weekend game and four people were arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, police said Monday.

The driver, a man in his 20s, was in stable condition with scrapes and cuts to his face and his injuries are not life-threatening, Sgt. David Armas said. His name was not released.

The man was involved in a minor collision with another driver as he was leaving the stadium parking lot, and three men from another car also got involved, Armas said.

"They basically held the victim down while the original suspect kicked and hit him about the head and face area while he was on the ground," Armas said.

The violence comes after a Giants fan was severely injured in a beating during last year's opening game. Bryan Stow was left brain damaged during a confrontation in the parking lot, and stadium officials had promised to increase security after the attack.

Armas said Dodgers security staff and uniformed off-duty Los Angeles police were at the stadium Sunday and responded quickly.

Calls to Dodgers representatives seeking comment were not immediately returned.

The four men involved in the latest attack, all in their 20s, were arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon because the victim was kicked, Armas said. One of them suffered bumps and scrapes to his face, "probably as a result of the victim defending himself," Armas said.

A woman in the victim's car who was eight months pregnant was not hurt but she was examined at a hospital as a precaution, he said.

Armas said the suspects did not appear to have any street gang affiliations.

"It was just a minor fender bender that just got totally out of hand," he said.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/7954483/four-arrested-beating-dodger-stadium

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 09:47:13 PM »
So with the benches clearing between Tampa & Boston.  What a jackass Bobby V is saying oh you talk crap about our fans you will hear from us pretty much.  Maybe because the player is right and you are a bunch of cocky assholes.  God I hate Boston so much thanks to their shitty fans.  When the Rays and Red Sux were in the playoffs in '08 and I went to that game they were cocky, loudmouthed, and they do disrespect your family.  It was so bad I really wanted to trip a guy down the steps but he had his kid with him.  They are that bad.  I know exactly where he is coming from.  Bobby V should be suspended for this.  It's like Cole Hamels says he plunked Harper and was suspended.  If nothing happens with Bobby V there is something wrong.

Well on a better not Jeter is only 2 hits away from tying George Brett & once he ties him he will only be 30 hits away from Cal Ripken Jr.  That is exciting stuff right there.

Mischa

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2012, 09:52:41 PM »
Pujols is heating up...   :woot!:  :lurker:

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 10:11:44 PM »

Pujols is the best bat in baseball.  It was only a matter of time.  Every time he see's a pitcher for the 2nd time, he's gonna go yard.

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2012, 12:28:47 AM »

Pujols is the best bat in baseball.  It was only a matter of time.  Every time he see's a pitcher for the 2nd time, he's gonna go yard.

Trumbo!  Walked it off against the Yanks today.  Weaver had to leave in the first after he apparently hurt his back... Hopefully for the Angels it's nothing major, but it didn't look too good.  Big win for the Angels, win this series against the Yankees and win the next one when Texas comes into town and things will be looking good. 

And oh yeah, we might have a rookie of the year here in Anaheim as well.  For anyone that doesn't know who Mike Trout is, you will before too long.  A real 5 tool player, the guy has it all. 

(The Angels had a fly over today with some F-16's I believe they were, saw them fly over the stadium on TV and thought to myself... holy crap!  The direction they flew over should have them over my house in H.B. in no time.  Went and grabbed my shades, walked outside just in time to see them cruising by.  Awesome! )

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 09:29:31 PM »
NO SWEEP!!  Derek Jeter has a few more hits now he is at 3159 which means he is 25 hits away from tying Cal Ripken Jr.

Mischa

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 08:41:21 PM »
Santana first no hitter in Mets history.  Good for them it's about time.  Now the only one left is the San Diego Padres.  I was actually able to record it on my XM.  I was listening to my game which had Detroits broadcasters and they said he had it through 8.  So I turn on the Mets station and was able to record the call!!  Pretty exciting stuff!!

Mischa

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 10:16:03 PM »
Santana first no hitter in Mets history.  Good for them it's about time.  Now the only one left is the San Diego Padres.  I was actually able to record it on my XM.  I was listening to my game which had Detroits broadcasters and they said he had it through 8.  So I turn on the Mets station and was able to record the call!!  Pretty exciting stuff!!

Mischa

It might have an *... Still a no hitter but that ball was on the line, bigtime.  Even took a big ol chunk of chalk out of it.  But the call went his way and he finished the job.  Good for him and the Mets. 

Angels beat the Rangers today, only 4 1/2 back with two more to go this weekend.   :loco:

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 11:38:00 PM »
Angels are on Fire!  Got some help today against the Rangers thanks to a couple of calls going their way.  I'll take it, 3 1/2 back of the Rangers and going for the sweep tomorrow at 12:35 pacific... yep, I'll be watching.  :loco:

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2012, 09:43:05 AM »
The Mariners used 6 different pitchers to no-hit the Dodgers.  Once again a controversial call was in the mix... Gordon looks like he probably beat out a high chopped bouncer to the shortstop but was called out. He might have had it by a toe, but in a no-hit bid you normally won't get that call to go your way.  bang bang play that could have gone either way, happens all the time but gets magnified in a no hitter. 

It seems as though every no-hitter/perfect game so far this year has had some controversy... with exception to Weavers no-hitter.  The only one that was LEGIT by all means.  Although the perfect game would have most likely remained a legit no hitter had the guy not been called for his check swing, and walked to first as long as he retired the next batter... but who knows? 

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2012, 05:11:23 PM »
The Mariners used 6 different pitchers to no-hit the Dodgers.  Once again a controversial call was in the mix... Gordon looks like he probably beat out a high chopped bouncer to the shortstop but was called out. He might have had it by a toe, but in a no-hit bid you normally won't get that call to go your way.  bang bang play that could have gone either way, happens all the time but gets magnified in a no hitter. 

It seems as though every no-hitter/perfect game so far this year has had some controversy... with exception to Weavers no-hitter.  The only one that was LEGIT by all means.  Although the perfect game would have most likely remained a legit no hitter had the guy not been called for his check swing, and walked to first as long as he retired the next batter... but who knows? 

As Kenny Powers Tweeted last night...
Combined no-hitters are for pussies.
https://twitter.com/#!/KFUCKINGP

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2012, 11:11:23 PM »

As Kenny Powers Tweeted last night...
Combined no-hitters are for pussies.
https://twitter.com/#!/KFUCKINGP

You're just mad cause your boys are a little extra "blue" now.  Poor Dodgers...

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2012, 11:33:05 PM »
Mike Trout  :flash:  How many times do rookies make All Star games?  This guy should go.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2012, 03:39:57 PM »
Mike Trout  :flash:  How many times do rookies make All Star games?  This guy should go.

So what are they calling this kid? "Little Fish"?