Author Topic: MLB 2012...  (Read 18022 times)

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
MLB 2012...
« on: April 22, 2012, 06:42:58 AM »
So on the 20th we have 2 inside the park homeruns and one triple play.

Boston celebrates their 100 years in fenway park and we (Yankees) pound out 5 home runs against Buckholtz.
We have on the 21st a Perfect Game by Humber on the White Sox.

Yankees come back down 9-0 to beat Boston 15-9.

It was kinda funny I was listening to the Yankees Boston game on my XM Radio.  They talked about the Perfect game for Chicago at the end of the 7th.  
So since my Yankees were getting beat 7-0 at the time I switch to the Seattle broadcast since XM only does the home team broadcast.  At that time it was the top of the 8th.  So I was about to go inside so I unplug my XM since once I turn my car off the radio would turn off.  So I ran my XM off of batteries.  So I get back right when the bottom of the 9th is about to come on.  So I start recording the game in the bottom of the 9th not knowing if he would get it or not so he ends up getting the perfect game and I had it recorded!!

So then I turn it back on the Yankees Boston game where we were down by 1  at this point.  Then Swisher hits a 2 run double and we take the lead.  This had to be one of the greatest games I had ever heard well part of it!!

Mischa
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:34:23 PM by miDnIghtEr20C »

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: MLB 2012...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 07:39:04 AM »
it's been a crazy start to the season so far.   

Matt Kemp also has 9 home runs already!

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 09:10:24 AM »
it's been a crazy start to the season so far.   

Matt Kemp is a male lion.

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 09:12:22 AM »

That's more than the entire Cubs team..  :stink:

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:37:50 PM »
Jered Weaver No Hitter for the Angels that was awesome!!

Mischa

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:56:11 PM »

Dodgers Now
STEVE DILBECK AND THE TIMES' DODGERS REPORTERS
GIVE YOU ALL THE NEWS ON THE BOYS IN BLUE
It's unanimous: Dodgers' Matt Kemp is NL player of the month

Dodgers center fielder Matt Kemp, right, is congratulated by teammate Mark Ellis after hitting a home run against the Colorado Rockies on Monday. (Barry Gutierrez / Associated Press / April 30, 2012)

By Steve Dilbeck
May 2, 2012, 4:42 p.m.
As a shock to absolutely no one, Matt Kemp was selected Wednesday the National League player of the month for April.

It was either that, or just retire the award.

That clearly was never a danger since Kemp was a unanimous selection. He was twice the player of the week in April.

Kemp finished the month leading the majors in batting average (.417) and home runs (12), and the NL in runs batted in (25), hits (35), runs (24) and slugging percentage (.893), and was second in on-base percentage (.490). Otherwise, he didnít do a whole lot.

It was his first player-of-the-month award.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-kemp-nl-player-20120502,0,5024504.story

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 11:40:57 AM »
^ Test him for the Juice!    :rofl:

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 12:58:04 PM »

The tension and frustration first baseman Albert Pujols is feeling about the worst extended hitting slump of his career appears to have spilled out this week.

--1B Albert Pujols went hitless in four at-bats but did drive in a run with a ground out in the third inning. That was Pujols' first RBI since April 15 against the Yankees, a span of 14 games without driving in a run. He has now gone 96 at-bats and 24 games into the season without a home run. His average dropped to .208 with Tuesday's hitless game.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-rt-bbo-angels-teamreportmtze852d980rq-20120502,0,1039275.story

^looks like he should start up again :rofl:

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 01:24:03 PM »

The tension and frustration first baseman Albert Pujols is feeling about the worst extended hitting slump of his career appears to have spilled out this week.

--1B Albert Pujols went hitless in four at-bats but did drive in a run with a ground out in the third inning. That was Pujols' first RBI since April 15 against the Yankees, a span of 14 games without driving in a run. He has now gone 96 at-bats and 24 games into the season without a home run. His average dropped to .208 with Tuesday's hitless game.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-rt-bbo-angels-teamreportmtze852d980rq-20120502,0,1039275.story

Maybe he has, he hit the ball well every time at bat last night.   And now you're going all EMil on us with news from Tuesdays game when it's now Thursday? 

Should I bring up the time that Kemp made some bad play this year and cost his team the game?  Forget when it was but it happened...  Pujols will adjust, and he will catch fire.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 02:19:57 PM »

Maybe he has, he hit the ball well every time at bat last night.   And now you're going all EMil on us with news from Tuesdays game when it's now Thursday? 

Should I bring up the time that Kemp made some bad play this year and cost his team the game?  Forget when it was but it happened...  Pujols will adjust, and he will catch fire.

Just jabbing back buddy  :ok:

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 05:00:38 PM »
He will likely adjust but you are stuck with the contract of a guy who is likely 35-36 and will be 45-46 in his tenth year.
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 08:10:24 PM »
He will likely adjust but you are stuck with the contract of a guy who is likely 35-36 and will be 45-46 in his tenth year.
Merchandising alone will pay for his contract and then some, not really a big concern. Even if he's going to go significantly downhill from here on out, it was a wise business move.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 08:41:54 PM »
what's happening to Pujols is simple... it's called.. Karma! 

oh, and goodnight Mariano Rivera... you are done for.  way to bust your ACL shagging balls.   incredible.   what a sucky way for your career to end.

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 10:38:49 PM »

Just jabbing back buddy  :ok:

Oh I know...  :drinks:

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 10:44:38 PM »
what's happening to Pujols is simple... it's called.. Karma!  
Karma for what?  Taking your team to the World Series and winning?  And then leaving... there's nothing wrong with that.  Tell me you wouldn't leave for that kind of money, anybody in their right minds would.  Going to So Cal to play for a franchise that loves their fans, and their fans love them back?  It's not like he went to the pre- new management Dodgers
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
or some other team that sucks, just for the money.  And he didn't do anything like Lebron.  Pujols actually has enough class to ask for the "El Hombre" signs the Angels put up be taken down because that was the nickname of a former St. Louis great.

oh, and goodnight Mariano Rivera... you are done for.  way to bust your ACL shagging balls.   incredible.   what a sucky way for your career to end.

Thats not very nice, have to feel bad for the guy.  It was going to be his last year, and to have a "freak" accident like that.  You never know man, people go down for all kinds of things all the time.  Better be careful out there playing ball, or shit, anything for that manner.  Shit, T. A. (our football pool commish) blew out his knee running to first base while playing softball.  Especially when you're talking about Karma.  Maybe a little more sympathy is deserved?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:07:29 PM by Szabada »