Author Topic: Picked up a new hobby.  (Read 2038 times)

Offline DeathWish001

• 20C Legend
  • Stepping it up!
  • Showtime Karma: 29
Picked up a new hobby.
« on: March 07, 2012, 01:11:25 AM »
http://www.misadigital.com/

So I finally saved up enough money to get myself the Misa Digital Kitara. I have to say I felt like a kid again when I began to unbox this instrument. I've always wanted to play some kind of musical instrument, but nothing really felt right when it came time to use them. once I saw this video, two years ago, I knew I had to get this.

There are 2 things i found interesting about the Kitara when i got it;
1: My little brother is not able to play it to well. I'm sure if he could work on it he would be able to play it like his electric guitar. but Suspectedtuna was having a hard time playing it. he had to give back the Kitara to me so he could pick up his acoustic in order to figure out what he was playing.
2: I find it interesting how easy it is to learn this. I have vary little guitar background, and some music interests, but I am able to make interesting sounds out of it.

I've always like to use my hands when it comes to doing things. if you watch me play minecraft, you will notice that I will start laying out redstone wire with no planning. I like to make my device in a 3d space then have it written down on a piece of paper. after playing with the wire, and keep making mistakes with it, I soon come out with a interesting yet utterly over kill devices. With the Kitara, Its using the same tactile concept to create a sound. I can change the screen to string, ball, or just touch. I create sounds by manipulating the screen to various positions.

One thing I find interesting though, is the fact that there is a small group of guitar players having a bad rap with Kitara players. my guess they think that the Kitara is too easy or requires no skill to play. An instrument that brings out the guitar hero within us. well... I agree. but guess what? Kiraras are here to stay. 2 popular bands are using the instrument for their music now.  Meegs Rascon from Coal Chamber and Premo D'Anger from Freesol seem to be the first two known bands to try this SOB out. for now, they are simple sounds for back up like in D'Anger. But as a proof of concept in the next video. I have a feeling that this will be a new generation on guitar players.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: Picked up a new hobby.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:34:11 AM »
YOU HAVE ONE OF THOSE?!?!?!   i've seen this.   how is it?  mind putting up some videos of you playing?   i would love to see someone new give it a try, to see how hard/easy it is right off the bat.

i can play regular guitar, so i wonder if i could play that thing.

Offline SuspectedTuna

• Stepping it up!
  • Showtime Karma: 30
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:35:01 AM »
Me and dubstep have a love/hate relationship. But this thing makes dubstep cool. There is a Skrillex cover with this thing and it is awesome. When I played it I couldn't play it because my muscle memory was not working right. It doesnt "feel" like a guitar. Its not strumming and picking anymore as much as making sure you can tap the rythem you want to produce. It also is 100% programable on the spot. X and Y axis can be programed to do difffernt sounds.. Buttons can make sounds without tapping... Its all really overwhelming. It all makes playing and sounding good easy in away. Deathwish held a chord and just tapped really fast and made a melodic progression. I wouldn't own one because I like my guitar and the classic way synthesizing with pedals. But I totally want someone in my band to play one(if i had band). Oh oh we could call ourselves "Tuna With A Deathwish."

Offline mondayshift

• "I'm not a hot asian chick"
  • Founding Father
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 605
    • flickr
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:57:56 AM »
that looks cool.
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, I punch your face!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondayshift/

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 03:27:20 PM »
inter..... rest.... ing....

OMEGA BOMBS

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 01:40:44 AM »
Pics or vid?

Offline SadisticKeith

• Learn to Play Moderator
  • Founding Father
  • In the Showtime for Free, Wolfpack.
  • Showtime Karma: 544
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 07:33:05 AM »
Hmmm having played guitar for 19 years now I do not know what I think about these things.  But I also HATE electronic music. I would much rather watch a dude play actual drums/guitars and what have you. Interesting idea, maybe it is just because I am stubborn but it looks like a kid's toy to me (although I know it most certainly is NOT). Don't get me wrong, I can see how some could have  a blast with it. Just not for me.
This my BOOMSTICK!

"Oh, that's just what we call 'pillow talk' baby, that's all"

Ash