Author Topic: Albert Pujols Moving to Anaheim  (Read 3491 times)

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
Albert Pujols Moving to Anaheim
« on: December 08, 2011, 09:37:26 AM »
Heck yeah, the Angels are getting Albert Pujols... along with C.J. Wilson

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: Albert Pujols Moving to Anaheim
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 09:39:08 AM »
 :pickit:

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 12:54:49 PM »
Intitially as a M's fan this makes me sad but in the long run you guys are gonna be strapped with so many huge contracts now what flexability will you have in the future and it makes me smile.

Wells has how many years left? with his shit contract
Now your paying 25 Mil plus a year for  a dominican that is probally older than he claims
And $15 mil for CJ

We are rebuiling still so he shouldnt affect us any and by 2014 he will be dealing with Felix, Hultzen, Paxton, Walker, Pineda now if we can just get some bats.
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 01:45:54 PM »
Phew.. get him out of the NL central!!!

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 02:54:54 PM »

HD who are you a fan of

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 03:40:49 PM »

HD who are you a fan of
here's a hint... i don't think they've won the World Series since the 1900's... and i'm talking before it was 1910.

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 04:22:03 PM »
haha Cubies i live in illinois, i root for the hometeams but im a M's fan through and through. he was probally hoping they would get him.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 10:31:54 PM »
Dood was the franchise in St Louis, I can't possibly understand how SL didn't hold onto him.

Whatever, good for the Angels, for a few years

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 12:41:41 AM »
Heard some stuff on the radio today that makes sense ( I just listen to sports talk radio on my way to/from work ).  And someone had a good point, Pujols will do very well for a few years, yeah.  But on the back end of his contract when his production (which is currently amazing) begins to decrease he'll still bring a lot of value to the contract.  If the guy remains healthy he's going to be breaking records.  500/600/700?  Homerun milestones bring in HUGE numbers along with potentially getting 3000 RBI's and all of that kind of stuff.   It brings excitement to the ballpark and puts peoples buts in the seats.   The 10 years is long, but it'll pay for itself in the long run.  Unless of course the horrible happens and he gets seriously injured.  We shall see, I'm happy with it.  Oh, and it should also increase the chances of a World Series title by a lot. 

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 12:50:55 AM »
Heard some stuff on the radio today that makes sense ( I just listen to sports talk radio on my way to/from work ).  And someone had a good point, Pujols will do very well for a few years, yeah.  But on the back end of his contract when his production (which is currently amazing) begins to decrease he'll still bring a lot of value to the contract.  If the guy remains healthy he's going to be breaking records.  500/600/700?  Homerun milestones bring in HUGE numbers along with potentially getting 3000 RBI's and all of that kind of stuff.   It brings excitement to the ballpark and puts peoples buts in the seats.   The 10 years is long, but it'll pay for itself in the long run.  Unless of course the horrible happens and he gets seriously injured.  We shall see, I'm happy with it.  Oh, and it should also increase the chances of a World Series title by a lot. 

On the business end it makes perfect sense. I don't think anyone can deny that. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Angel's make back their money for his entire contract from merchandising alone in the first year.

As far as the ball club is concerned though.... Pujols likely has plenty of years left in him. Heck the guy might even be able to play pretty well or at least adequately for the next 10 years. You don't pay a guy $20 million + a year to be "good" or "adequate" though, you pay him $20 Mil to be amazing. Paying Pujols and Wilson will make acquiring (and potentially keeping) other positions/players more difficult. That is all.

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 01:19:02 AM »

On the business end it makes perfect sense. I don't think anyone can deny that. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Angel's make back their money for his entire contract from merchandising alone in the first year.

As far as the ball club is concerned though.... Pujols likely has plenty of years left in him. Heck the guy might even be able to play pretty well or at least adequately for the next 10 years. You don't pay a guy $20 million + a year to be "good" or "adequate" though, you pay him $20 Mil to be amazing. Paying Pujols and Wilson will make acquiring (and potentially keeping) other positions/players more difficult. That is all.

The Angels have a shit ton of cash.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 01:34:01 AM »

The Angels have a shit ton of cash.

didn't say otherwise.

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 08:19:54 AM »
You also have to think he is in the AL now.  Towards the end of the contract if he is starting to decline they could just put him at DH.  I was thinking of this yesterday who would have thought the two big winners out of the winter meetings are the Angels and the Marlins.  I can't wait to go to this new stadium now I get to see Reyes that's pretty exciting.  Plus have the chance to see Heath Bell as well.

Mischa

Offline dnice3525

• All First Team
  • Showtime Karma: 55
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 11:07:05 AM »
Finally got the big bat angles fans have been begging to have for years.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »
Finally got the big bat angles fans have been begging to have for years.
i wonder if he'll be the new Mo Vaughn!    i don't know how to spell his last name.

hopefully he'll be more Vlad Guerrro also spelling on that... but anyhoo.