Author Topic: Turtle Beach PX5 Review  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Pakman3000

• Founding Father
  • Showtime's in your blood.
  • Showtime Karma: 405
Turtle Beach PX5 Review
« on: September 21, 2011, 10:58:46 AM »
This'll be a quick review since I'm in the middle of unpacking from my move. I was contemplating multiple headsets and it kept coming down to Astros and TBs. Trittons have waaaay too many wires and the Warheads that are soon due are coproduced by MS. I needed a wireless solution for both the PS and 360. Astros got DQ'd for me since their wireless set had a dongle you had to have coming from the headset and they were more expensive. All things pointed to TB. I was gonna wait for the XP500s or to see if there'd be a good price on the COD branded Deltas, but one was a PX5 with green and a $30 dollar Xbox adapter included and the other had a COD paint job of the for a huge markup. Fuck waiting until Oct to pay more. Snagged these puppies for $212 and boy do they deliver. Nothing is gonna replace a true 5.1 system and I'm no audiophile. These headsets do provide great directional sound at CD quality. Plus my wife is no longer bothered by my gaming or movie watching as she studies. My kid can go to sleep in peace and quiet as well. Gears 3 was my audio test. I contemplated the X41s but the tech was from 2009 and the hiss complaints made a purchase hit and miss. So far no hiss and I'm dual broadcasting at A(360) and G(PS3,laptop) with no interference. You can also toy with the settings by hooking it up to your computer but once again, I'm no audiophile so I won't risk fucking it up just yet. Preset 4 works for me(+Bass & + Treble). It's up to devs to release master presets for their games and so far Dead Space 2 and the soon to be released Ace Combat have presets on the site for download. I like the feel of having a future proof headset that can be updated via software. Post questions if you have em. Pics were taken by my phone at 6am so sorry for the quality.

Offline SadisticKeith

• Learn to Play Moderator
  • Founding Father
  • In the Showtime for Free, Wolfpack.
  • Showtime Karma: 544
Re: Turtle Beach PX5 Review
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 03:09:19 PM »
Those are sick. I have the Turtle Beach X4s and LOVE them. Got them because my wife tends to go to bed early and I stay up all night so loud games at night were no good and my speakers on my TV suck. I knew they sucked when I bought it but it was the right price and I never planned on using the TV speakers anyway. I was curious about the PX5s though. Good purchase man! I also did not know you could update them via PC. Man now I want a pair of PX5s.
This my BOOMSTICK!

"Oh, that's just what we call 'pillow talk' baby, that's all"

Ash

Offline Pakman3000

• Founding Father
  • Showtime's in your blood.
  • Showtime Karma: 405
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 08:59:42 PM »
FYI, no need to purchase the Deltas. If you have the PX5s the sound profiles and presets are readily available on the net so you can update your headset. Save some $$$ cuzin the end the xp500s, PX5s and Deltas are all the same headset.

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 06:06:35 AM »
thats nice to know my husband was looking at the deltas, im not paying 300 for those things, nope nope nope!!