Author Topic: YO! MADDEN GUYS! LISTEN UP!  (Read 8951 times)

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
Re: YO! MADDEN GUYS! LISTEN UP!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 06:13:20 PM »
yes true i honestly dont think in all of my profanity ive ever used any kind of regrading slur word, although retarded, i know i have and i mainly use that when talking about my self,

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 06:15:31 PM »
yep i got ya just replying to sza
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 06:21:46 PM »
yes true i honestly dont think in all of my profanity ive ever used any kind of regrading slur word, although retarded, i know i have and i mainly use that when talking about my self,

which means it was used in it's literal definition and therefore not offensive ;)

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 06:23:15 PM »

which means it was used in it's literal definition and therefore not offensive ;)

:leaving:

Offline Mr Belvedere

• Feeling it down in your plumbs.
  • Showtime Karma: 70
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 12:22:41 PM »
Caine, great post.  There is absolutely no reason to use such words as descriptive adjectives.  There are dictionaries and thesaurus readily available online, no reason not to find another word to use. There was a time in this country when using certain words to reference African Americans or those same words to describe less than ideal circumstances was considered copacetic.  The same is the current state of things when referencing peoples sexual orientation, no reason why not to get on the ball and take care of it now.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 04:02:56 PM »
Caine, great post.  There is absolutely no reason to use such words as descriptive adjectives.  There are dictionaries and thesaurus readily available online, no reason not to find another word to use. There was a time in this country when using certain words to reference African Americans or those same words to describe less than ideal circumstances was considered copacetic.  The same is the current state of things when referencing peoples sexual orientation, no reason why not to get on the ball and take care of it now.

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 05:12:07 PM »
Caine, great post.  There is absolutely no reason to use such words as descriptive adjectives.  There are dictionaries and thesaurus readily available online, no reason not to find another word to use. There was a time in this country when using certain words to reference African Americans or those same words to describe less than ideal circumstances was considered copacetic.  The same is the current state of things when referencing peoples sexual orientation, no reason why not to get on the ball and take care of it now.

I love the Rigthouesness you deliver. I can see why you want to be a lawyer.

Am i to assume your going into that area of Law or want to.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:13:40 PM by itputdalotion0n »

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline Mr Belvedere

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 05:18:48 PM »
I am not going into that area of the law. I want to be a prosecutor, but I do have an interest in civil rights law and such.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 05:29:06 PM »
I am not going into that area of the law. I want to be a prosecutor, but I do have an interest in civil rights law and such.

As should we all (personally)

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Madden Commish
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 491
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 05:31:57 PM »

Because this is:

:usa: :usa: :usa:

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 05:38:59 PM »

Agreed, but what might be in poor taste lets say, and is a right by our constitution are to different things. Forcing the usage of language in a nonattacking way and someone just being touchy by a word are totally different things. And forcing the usage of a word is just as ignorant at using it in a differnt way. No one has ownership over a word.

Some groups of people use words that wehere made put downs as greatings now or have subtracted  a letter or spelled it somewhat creatively to keep using it but dont want it said by ones out of that group which is probally more ignorant than it being used in its normal form

Offline Mr Belvedere

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 06:02:29 PM »
A word does not have to be used in an attacking fashion to hurt. Many words can hurt based on connotation. For example gay actually used to mean happy but in today's society, when used, more often than not it is used in a negative connotation and for someone who happens to be gay I can see how that hurts. Society has said it is ok to use your sexual orientation in a negative way, the intent of the use may not be to attack but can still have a hurtful effect. I may self grew up using fag, gay, etc. And it was a personal experience, I did not use the word by directly saw the effect, and that made me rethink my actions. I saw the effect and thought to myself; it would not be very hard to eliminate that word from my usage and I would not cause that pain in another. Often, I still slip and use the words and I try to self correct. I just think if there is a word or usage of it that hurts another person and there is an easy way to not use and prevent that harm then why not. Speach is protected in this country and it is one of the things that make the U.S. Great. And yes many groups often take a word and try to make it their own, I applaud the actions but still choose not use them. But it seems from the post by Cain that some may be hurt by them and if that is the case, we can just be a little careful.

I do not thinking asking others to be aware that their words may hurt or asking them to not use such words on the site is a sign of ignorance, but rather, creates enlightenment and makes people aware that they may hurt. These of course my opinions and in no way am I implying or trying to apply that the use of them in anyway makes someone insensitive or thoughtless of such plights. Now your post does not indicate that you thought I was calling you out but I don't want you to think that and please know that I am not. We talk often and I find you to be a stand up guy. But I do agree with Caine. By the way does anyone know when Madden 12 player ratings are coming out?

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »

Agreed, but what might be in poor taste lets say, and is a right by our constitution are to different things. Forcing the usage of language in a nonattacking way and someone just being touchy by a word are totally different things. And forcing the usage of a word is just as ignorant at using it in a differnt way. No one has ownership over a word.

Some groups of people use words that wehere made put downs as greatings now or have subtracted  a letter or spelled it somewhat creatively to keep using it but dont want it said by ones out of that group which is probally more ignorant than it being used in its normal form

Yeah well even if a homosexual on this site was calling another homosexual on this site a "pack of cigarettes" or even an "annoying loud obnoxious harley riding douchebag" (which is the way I now use this word, used it for years for cigs, in fact every time I see someone on a harley I say, hey look a *bleep*) on here (or other slurs in any other kind of situation) I'd have issue. And like I said guys, this doesn't reflect how I feel about censorship IRL in the least, simply on this site, which is a public forum in which anyone can sign up for and quite frankly people sue for any damned reason they can in this country and we simply don't need that shit. I have black friends I've called *bleeps* to their face, the only way to have a conversation with a mexican and have them respect you it seems is if you "insult" them, I have gay friend's I call *bleeps*, etc. etc. so on so forth. We just can't have it here man.... You also got to admit, one of the things that makes this site great is the overall LACK of censorship here. Mid likes COD, I'm rooting for BF3, and I constantly give Master X shit for Halo and Twilight. If we all agreed this site would be boring as all hell. Just because we can't agree doesn't mean we can't be respectful. And as I said, in the madden rooms specifically, it's pretty much fair game man, as long the pot doesn't boil, it's cool. Besides have y'all ever read anything I've ever written about isnt? ;) Poking fun, calling names, etc. is all in good fun as long as it stays ALL IN GOOD FUN.  :drinks2:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Just stopping the bleeding before it starts man. To my knowledge no ones feelings have been hurt, if they had been I would like to think they would inform at least one of the mods about it. I'd just like to keep it that way.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 06:17:53 PM by Caine »

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 06:16:50 PM »
NO and ive stated i meant no harm, but to me people are just as ignorant to let such a stupid thing hurt them, now if its targeting i totally understand. Right now im over weight and im sensitive to that but i in no way have the right to tell people not to use the word or any form of fat jokes. Its not 100% the same but its pretty much so. Ive seen the word God damn and other things used which can be found offensive to people. My problem is yes we should try to be lets say tasteful when in a setting where not everyone knows eachother, but i really only use this site and talk to alot of you often so that can start to feel norm or with friends. And sometimes the way you talk with friends comes out.

Like i said i realize it was untasteful but at the same time others should show some class as to not be offended at the simple use of a word. Thats the insecurity of another that i can do nothing about and i feel sorry for them. Because taking everything so literal is just not good IMO. But there should be an understand on both sides and not so touchy. No one was attacked and i just feel unless youve seen the person run around the site using the word all the time its equally as tasteless to be a tattle and jump out offended so quick.

Most of the time i find it funny that people who would do such things often do the same style of stuff just to a different group, i know ive heard you use terms for your neighbors, and im n ot calling you out in any way im just saying its funny because everyone im sure is guilty of such things at times.

Offline Mr Belvedere

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 06:17:10 PM »
Halo is awesome :-)