Author Topic: YO! MADDEN GUYS! LISTEN UP!  (Read 7712 times)

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
YO! MADDEN GUYS! LISTEN UP!
« on: June 30, 2011, 04:35:15 PM »
Right on, hey doods listen up. I don't mean to pick on y'all or nothing but I know a good couple of you don't wander to the rest of the site and I wanted to make sure you saw this. Of course it was a couple of you who were the offenders in this case as well.... anywhom....

I personally hate it when people make personal attacks on others, I am very protective of EVERYONE on this site and their right to feel that this is a fun and safe environment for them to share their opinions. I understand playing Madden is very competitive and you all are going to talk shit and everything else so normally I'm more than willing to let things slide, A LOT.

However.... I noticed recently (in the past couple days or so) there have been a couple of times that the word "gay" has been used as a negative slur. Not cool guys, not at all.  :nono: Not to mention, in one isolated case (which I already posted on/edited with my mighty mod powers). It was just kinda lazy to use, specifically in that way. There was no reason why the word "gay" couldn't have been replaced with "lame". You wanna call each other dicks and shitheads or whatever and no one feels the need to click a "report to moderator button" I'm cool with it. However, using any slur of any kind against any race, religion, creed, etc. is just plain not cool man. I'm not saying that any of you are not entitled to your opinions on the matter. You can hate gays all you want. Just don't do it here. I mean for example we all know Isnt is a horrible racist bigot hick who hates anything that's not heterosexual and white, ( ;) ) but you don't see her dropping "N-bombs" and "F-bombs" and shit on here, right? I hate EVERYONE and I don't use that kind of language on here either.

I am confident none of you were doing it with malicious intent or trying to be insensitive or anything like that. In fact I'm certain the idea that calling someone/something "gay" in a negative manner never crossed your mind as being insensitive. If you did, I'm confident you wouldn't have used that word that way. I'm not infailiable, I've said "that's gay" IRL many times, and likely will again. However I've also used words such as "chink, spik, African American(lol well apparently N-bomb is already safety locked  :rofl: ), jew, catholic etc" as well. You don't see me do it here though, and I don't and wont. (Well catholic yeah.... the dirtiest word in that list if you ask me..... however, if I were to be offending someone with my use of it, I'd find a more intelligent way to insult them, please do the same.)

Oh and btw guys, there ARE homosexuals on this site. Let's just make SFF a nice and friendly place for EVERYONE shall we?

Oh and if y'all could reply with simply a "k" or something along that lines so that I know you got the memo, that'd be super cool. Thanks!  ;u

:<B>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 04:39:29 PM by Caine »

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
Re: YO! MADDEN GUYS! LISTEN UP!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 05:05:33 PM »
I assume your refering to my descriptive terms while talking about Uncharted 3 MP, which i find it equally sad that in a country based on free speech people find it offensive when a word is used to describe a change in a game not targeted at anyone clearly.

Its just words and they only hurt if you let them, and letting words not directed or attacking a person is just absurd, that being said i will try not to use words like that but sometime i just type what i would say and alot of the time i use off the wall terms when describing things and nothing is meant by it.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 05:11:57 PM by itputdalotion0n »
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 05:26:32 PM »
I assume your refering to my descriptive terms while talking about Uncharted 3 MP, which i find it equally sad that in a country based on free speech people find it offensive when a word is used to describe a change in a game not targeted at anyone clearly.

Its just words and they only hurt if you let them, and letting words not directed or attacking a person is just absurd, that being said i will try not to use words like that but sometime i just type what i would say and alot of the time i use off the wall terms when describing things and nothing is meant by it.

I tend to agree with you fully that people find words offensive, however it is the case. (One of my more common "quotes" is FUCK THE FCC!!! ;) )

I never assumed you were attacking anyone, nor trying to offend anyone. If you'll notice, while I may have altered your post a bit, I did not actually change anything you wrote nor did I feel the need to.

Honestly what prompted this note was more due to the "altercation" (if you will) between Balk and Mik in the Bronco trade thread. Which was a blatant attack on an individual and probably even meant to offend such said individual. Once again I don't think it was meant to offend any group of people.

I fully admit to taking these things too personally on this site when it comes to protecting the members of this site. I'm way overboard with that shit. Mid let's all kinds of shit slide that I wouldn't, and hey it's his fraking site, not mine so.... whatever. His site, his rules (NOT a free speech country ;) ). I know full well why Mid has yet to and likely never will give me a Ban Hammer, I'd fucking use it. (Provided I'd like to think I'd be reasonable with it, you know, little slaps on the wrist like banning someone for an hour or something..... once again Mid's site, his rules ;) .) You wanna call me a homo IRL I'm not gonna give a shit, words don't phase me personally.

To date, no one has been banned on this site (with the exception of spam bots) we get away with all kinds of shit that pretty much any and every other forum I've seen in my life would ban you for simply saying "shit".

No one has ever been banned, and it's simply our goal to keep it that way. We also aren't in the business of not letting people speak their minds.

To make it perfectly clear dood, I aint mad at ya and I'm fairly certain no one else is. I just wanted to make a heads up BEFORE it potentially became a problem.  :drinks2:

:<B>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 05:33:16 PM by Caine »

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 05:38:35 PM »
I mean for example we all know Isnt is a horrible racist bigot hick who hates anything that's not heterosexual and white, ( ;) ) but you don't see her dropping "N-bombs" and "F-bombs" and shit on here, right? I hate EVERYONE and I don't use that kind of language on here either.

you also dont see me calling caine not nice things when he implies ridiculous things such as the above statement...

:freakout: :freakout:
 ;H

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 05:39:46 PM »
I mean for example we all know Isnt is a horrible racist bigot hick who hates anything that's not heterosexual and white, ( ;) ) but you don't see her dropping "N-bombs" and "F-bombs" and shit on here, right? I hate EVERYONE and I don't use that kind of language on here either.

you also dont see me calling caine not nice things when he implies ridiculous things such as the above statement...

;H

That's cuz you love the abuse.

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 05:45:26 PM »

;H

you should have at made it a tad to the truth by not putting "f-bomb" in there because we all know i do, just how i am and how i speak. but other then that all lies, LIES I TELL YOU!

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 05:46:41 PM »
Im not blaming you in any way, you have to do your job and i totally agree we should lay down the law when people are being attacked, but im also against not letting people speak their mind as long as its not a attack. I mean i used pretty much any word in real life to describe any thing im kinda over that top when describing shit but it cracks me up and i leave no stone untouched i make fun of anything and everything my own race my weight which ive let go recently and go with it when people will poke at it. But im from a town where and age group in my town where we all made fun of eachother all the time and say hello to eachother by say off the wall shit. Rarely do you here a simple how are you. And we are all still the best of friends its actually funny cause at the alumni basketball tourney this year a younger group who didnt know us thought we hated eachother. And someone had to tell them no they fight , make fun of eachother and never loose sleep over it.

Like i said i try not to do it here but sometimes well your personality spills over and its hard to understand the meaning without the tone or knowing the person. If someone just flat out finds the word offensive well im sorry nothing i can do for ya and its never gonna change so roll with the punches or live life anoyed or bent outa shape everytime someone uses a word that can do nothing to you unless you give it the power.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 06:02:02 PM »

;H

you should have at made it a tad to the truth by not putting "f-bomb" in there because we all know i do, just how i am and how i speak. but other then that all lies, LIES I TELL YOU!

By "F-bomb" I meant the one that rhymes with "bag"

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 06:04:08 PM »
You know you can't use "retarded" any more either.  I can't wait until the day when you can't call something "stupid" because all of the stupid people will be offended.   :rofl:  

The deal is we have to be a bit more sensitive and careful about what we post on a public forum as it can be offensive to various amounts of people.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 06:06:06 PM »
Im not blaming you in any way, you have to do your job and i totally agree we should lay down the law when people are being attacked, but im also against not letting people speak their mind as long as its not a attack. I mean i used pretty much any word in real life to describe any thing im kinda over that top when describing shit but it cracks me up and i leave no stone untouched i make fun of anything and everything my own race my weight which ive let go recently and go with it when people will poke at it. But im from a town where and age group in my town where we all made fun of eachother all the time and say hello to eachother by say off the wall shit. Rarely do you here a simple how are you. And we are all still the best of friends its actually funny cause at the alumni basketball tourney this year a younger group who didnt know us thought we hated eachother. And someone had to tell them no they fight , make fun of eachother and never loose sleep over it.

Like i said i try not to do it here but sometimes well your personality spills over and its hard to understand the meaning without the tone or knowing the person. If someone just flat out finds the word offensive well im sorry nothing i can do for ya and its never gonna change so roll with the punches or live life anoyed or bent outa shape everytime someone uses a word that can do nothing to you unless you give it the power.

I'm in the same boat as you my friend. And once again, I agree with everything you have said.  :drinks2:

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 06:07:18 PM »

;H

oh.... then it was completely false, you could have at least made a realistic example,

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 06:08:21 PM »
You know you can't use "retarded" any more either.  I can't wait until the day when you can't call something "stupid" because all of the stupid people will be offended.   :rofl:  

The deal is we have to be a bit more sensitive and careful about what we post on a public forum as it can be offensive to various amounts of people.

Considering I've pretty much only used the word "retarded" in it's literal definition I too find this new PC development highly amusing.

Oh and the facts are in bold. ;u

Sad but true.

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 06:09:47 PM »
yea no i get that, but at the same time its just as ignorant to be offended by something not attacking anyone is all im saying. Like i said i try not to use words like that but it happens. That was the mood i was in descriptive wise cause i was disapointed in the game at that point and it just came out in type.

I realize its a public site and i wasnt set on offending but things happen this is the media age and stuff gets out quicker and things get blown outa proportion and if everytime something gets used people get bent out of shape i just feel sorry for them.

And the other problem with words being offensive to people is alot and i mean alot of words can be considered offensive hell on the MLB forums you cant say sick, strike, and many ohter words that i would never in the slightest way find offensive and its a downward spiral when you keep banning the spoken language cause this person or that person finds a word offensive, its all in the intent and usage and to me the key is attacking people with it.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:14:37 PM by itputdalotion0n »

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »

;H

oh.... then it was completely false, you could have at least made a realistic example,
You have never dropped an "F-bomb" on here to my knowledge, if you had I woulda given you quite the scolding.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 06:12:55 PM »
yea no i get that, but at the same time its just as ignorant to be offended by something not attacking anyone is all im saying. Like i said i try not to use words like that but it happens. That was the mood i was in descriptive wise cause i was disapointed in the game at that point and it just came out in type.

I realize its a public site and i wasnt set on offending but things happen this is the media age and stuff gets out quicker and things get blown outa proportion and if everytime something gets used people get bent out of shape i just feel sorry for them.

once again I agree/understand, sadly that isn't the point...