Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 10543 times)

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Madden Commish
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 491
Game of Thrones
« on: June 23, 2011, 02:02:45 PM »
Did anybody watch the first season that just ended back on Sunday? I'd never heard of or read the books, but gave the show a shot because the commercials for it looked interesting when the show started up back in April.

And I'll be damned if it didn't end up becoming one of my favorite TV shows ever. Already can't wait for Season 2 next Spring based on how this one ended. And I'm not looking up anything about the books or what happens in future seasons, so if you have read the books and know what happens don't say anything!! I'm enjoying all the twists and turns as they happen because I don't know the stories.

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 02:27:04 PM »
Im waiting for it and Camelot to hit blu ray since i dont have HBo or starz, sucks cause i want to watch it bad
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline mondayshift

• "I'm not a hot asian chick"
  • Founding Father
  • Showtime Karma: 605
    • flickr
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 10:07:10 PM »
watched all of season one in one day! thats how much i like it. best intro ever!
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, I punch your face!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondayshift/

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 06:36:09 PM »
OMFG this show is amazing. It might be my new favorite show, Sorry Dexter.

This is pretty a mild Elder Scrolls the TV show, cant beat that.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 08:54:39 PM »
I'm jacked for Season 2 to finally start in a couple of weeks. I need something to fill the void now that Walking Dead is over, Archer ends tomorrow, and Justified only has 3 episodes left.

On a side note, is anybody else watching Justified? My favorite show on TV.

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 12:16:16 AM »
I'm jacked for Season 2 to finally start in a couple of weeks. I need something to fill the void now that Walking Dead is over, Archer ends tomorrow, and Justified only has 3 episodes left.

Yeah, you got me hooked on Justified during the Madden 11 season... good stuff.  Shits about to get crazy!  I'm much more satisfied when things build up in Justified and don't really go anywhere than when they would do that with the Walking Dead... I think they kind of dragged out the Walking Dead a little too long with some of the story lines.   

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 08:44:12 AM »

Yeah, you got me hooked on Justified during the Madden 11 season... good stuff.  Shits about to get crazy!  I'm much more satisfied when things build up in Justified and don't really go anywhere than when they would do that with the Walking Dead... I think they kind of dragged out the Walking Dead a little too long with some of the story lines.   

I think that's because the writing and the acting are much tighter and of higher quality on Justified than on the Walking Dead. And yeah, shit is about to get really crazy on Justified. Quarles might be my favorite bad guy on the show so far, which is saying something because I thought Mags was amazing last season.

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »
Yea Walking dead dragged on a bit there for a while, i keep meaning to start justified but i always have something else im doing. Ill get to it eventually, cause i really like olyphant

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 07:15:43 PM »
Yea Walking dead dragged on a bit there for a while, i keep meaning to start justified but i always have something else im doing. Ill get to it eventually, cause i really like olyphant

The only thing I'll tell you about Justified for when you start watching it is that it takes about half of the first season for it to really start finding its legs. The first half is still good, but you'll see what I mean once you get into the 2nd half of season 1 and then the pure greatness that is seasons 2 and 3.

As for Game of Thrones, I can't wait for some more Dinklage and dragons!

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 10:27:45 PM »

I jumped into Justified for season 2.  It takes you a bit to realize who does what and all of the back stories but you'll be able to pick it up.  But I would recommend watching season two before you get into season three.  Because stuff is still happening from season 1 it seems and that's just way to much to be able to grasp. 

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 09:40:17 AM »

I jumped into Justified for season 2.  It takes you a bit to realize who does what and all of the back stories but you'll be able to pick it up.  But I would recommend watching season two before you get into season three.  Because stuff is still happening from season 1 it seems and that's just way to much to be able to grasp. 

Yeah they do reference stuff from Season 1 a lot. It helps for all the inside references and plot lines.

Offline RandomHero918

• 20C Member
  • Keeping it real...Real special.
  • Showtime Karma: 513
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 11:04:40 AM »

The only thing I'll tell you about Justified for when you start watching it is that it takes about half of the first season for it to really start finding its legs. The first half is still good, but you'll see what I mean once you get into the 2nd half of season 1 and then the pure greatness that is seasons 2 and 3.

As for Game of Thrones, I can't wait for some more Dinklage and dragons!
i guess i need to go back and check Justified out, i quit watching about hlaf way through the first season, my brother keeps telling me how great the show is.
XBL - RandomHero918
PSN - RandomHero918

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »
As for game of thrones, i love the Midget hes great. Best scene ever in a show was when they where at Starks wifes sisters castle and they are in the throne room
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If this show didnt have so many great characters i would be more pissed that

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 529
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 09:03:48 PM »
If this show didnt have so many great characters i would be more pissed that

So this huge 22 minute behind the scenes was posted on Friday:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:40:32 PM by DustoMan »
Dusto
dustoman [at] gmail [dot] com

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
Season 2 premiere episode was just as amazing as I expected it to be. It's so great to have this show back on again. They've set up a ton of story lines for the season, and the whole thing looks like it's going to be even better than last season.