Author Topic: The BBQ Thread...  (Read 9268 times)

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 726
Re: The BBQ Thread...
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 08:20:10 PM »
my chicken turned out like poop. over cooked. need more practice.

It's a lot of fun to practice!  You'll get it.    You are on a gas grill yes?  Just cook everything on low, or about at @0% above low on the dial.  If you have multiple burners, Don't use them all.  Keep one off as a place to move things to when needed to allow stuff to finish off.  I have 4 burners.  So when I do chicken, I sometimes fire 2 burners with one off in between.  I start the chicken over the burners, but as they get to where I want them on the outside, I move them to the middle to allow some indirect heat cooking into the middle.

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »

Some Bush's baked beans.   was thinking my bro Caine may be looking at these pics and an idea popped into my head.  Throw some Jack in there.  Why I hadn't thought of this years ago is beyond me.  Excellent.  Anytime I add Jack to my beans, I'll call them Caine beans.

Dark outside, but here's some rib eyes on the grill.  Didn't have time tonight to do coals. It happens.

OG Kunny, my beautiful wife. 

Local beer made right here in Tempe. If anyone ever gets out this way, this brewery is a must visit.

Finished product.  Just a quick dinner.  But super yummy.  Oh, also had steamed broccoli.  I took a pic of it, but it ran away from my phone apparently.  Maybe my phone ate it??

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 677
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 08:33:05 PM »
Just threw some rib eyes on the grill.  Pics in a bit.  Damn, this was a great idea for a thread Mid.
:BBQ: :usa:

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 08:35:14 PM »
those pictures are GREAT!   :D   loving it!    rib eyes looked great..and those are my favorite type of beans.. the brown sugar ones like that!  :ok:

DELICIOUS!

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 08:50:34 PM »
those pictures are GREAT!   :D   loving it!    rib eyes looked great..and those are my favorite type of beans.. the brown sugar ones like that!  :ok:

DELICIOUS!

Thanks bro.  And hey, 19 more post and you hit 10K :o :o

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2011, 11:40:09 PM »
Damn, when can I fire my shit up again?  Monday I think.  Unless I get out of work early on sunday, I'll pick up some good stuff and make you all jealous of my setup.  But I do need to make up another batch of my dry rub.  :ok:

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, 08:09:54 AM »

DELICIOUS!

Thanks bro.  And hey, 19 more post and you hit 10K :o :o
now it's 9 more!  and i made it to where at 10K post, you start to become a Padawan... i made some changes to the ranks i'll have to post later. :jedi:

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 613
    • facebook
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2011, 10:56:16 AM »
looks like everyone and their damn brother are coming over tomorrow night, maybe, just maybe we use the bbq? if we do ill make sure to take drunken pics of everyone. ( except me because i hide behind the camera)

Offline mondayshift

• "I'm not a hot asian chick"
  • Founding Father
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 603
    • flickr
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 02:23:42 PM »
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, I punch your face!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondayshift/

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2011, 06:27:52 PM »
my mouth is watering.  :microwave:

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 622
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »
lol @Volt. Dood Jack is for drinking not cooking! (At least not in beans, it's great for a marinade/rub!) Should be using Jim Beam on them Beans! (okay... maybe a splash or two of jack for good measure....) I use the Jim for the cooking myself. It's cheaper and has that odd buttery taste to it, which while my palette doesn't like to drink, it's good for the foods! Totally made myself some steak chili the other day with a about 1/2 cup Jim, 8 lbs of sirloin (it was $2.27 a lb!!!) and about a pound and a half of bacon! (I totally splashed it with about 2-4 good shots of jack though for posterity) OM NOM NOM!

:<B>

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »

Lookin good Monday!!  And even with the crisscross burn marks. 

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2011, 08:17:44 PM »
lol @Volt. Dood Jack is for drinking not cooking! (At least not in beans, it's great for a marinade/rub!) Should be using Jim Beam on them Beans! (okay... maybe a splash or two of jack for good measure....) I use the Jim for the cooking myself. It's cheaper and has that odd buttery taste to it, which while my palette doesn't like to drink, it's good for the foods! Totally made myself some steak chili the other day with a about 1/2 cup Jim, 8 lbs of sirloin (it was $2.27 a lb!!!) and about a pound and a half of bacon! (I totally splashed it with about 2-4 good shots of jack though for posterity) OM NOM NOM!

Holy crap that chili sounds good!!  And yeah, I didn't like pouring my Jack into beans instead of my belly, but A) It tasted AWESOME!  :funshine: and B) Jim rarely visits my cabinet.  Jack gets pissed when he does  :caine: and then he does mean things to me  :inergy:.  I try to keep the peace around here.  :drinks2:

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 622
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2011, 08:24:22 PM »

Holy crap that chili sounds good!!  And yeah, I didn't like pouring my Jack into beans instead of my belly, but A) It tasted AWESOME!  :funshine: and B) Jim rarely visits my cabinet.  Jack gets pissed when he does  :caine: and then he does mean things to me  :inergy:.  I try to keep the peace around here.  :drinks2:

lol Jim never hits my cabinet, Jack never sees me drink Jim (Not to mention I only drink Jim at places foolish enough to have Jim but not Jack! RAGE!  ::(  :inergy: ), Jack knows I'd never treat him like that. Totally just spent about $5-7 on one of those little Jim Bottles. It all went to cooking ;)  :drinks2:

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:26:54 PM by Caine »

Offline mondayshift

• "I'm not a hot asian chick"
  • Founding Father
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 603
    • flickr
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2011, 08:59:33 PM »

Lookin good Monday!!  And even with the crisscross burn marks.  

thanks. i was so damn hungry the wife and i ate the steaks before i got a chance to take a pic of the finished product. i going to try your advice tomorrow on the chicken, my wife picked up some quarter pieces. so chicken on the morrow and then juicy meat patties for sunday. i'm declaring this F'ing Fathersday BBQ Weekend Fest or FFBWF for short.

HAPPY FFBWF to Everyone!  :BBQ:  :G  :beach:  :drinks2:  ;voltan
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 09:01:19 PM by mondayshift »
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, I punch your face!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondayshift/