Author Topic: Nintendo Wii U: Nintendo shares official specs  (Read 8911 times)

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
Re: Nintendo Wii U: Nintendo shares official specs
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 05:33:35 PM »
Farewell, Friend Codes: Wii U to have single online identity and friends list
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/08/farewell-friend-codes-wii-u-to-have-single-gamertag-and-friend/

THANK GOD!!!

Those Wii codes... absolutely terrible idea especially when devs like EA make their own system on top of the Wii codes.

but wait would i have to have the same id as ray if i was playing? have they any idea how annoying it is to share a gamertag?!

OMEGA BOMBS

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 05:38:00 AM »
No codes?  Very smart move.  I must get this new system to destroy 20c on mario kart!

Offline cuco33

• 2011 CO-Member of the Year
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 367
    • eurokult
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 07:48:30 AM »
thank god!!! those friend codes were ridiculous!!!

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 727
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 10:22:24 PM »
Fuck it.  Who here can write something half legible to ask Nintendo if we can beta-test/review a blankety blank Wii U?  Szabada and I can suck a dick with our eyes, but we can't type up shit for shit. Somebody type up some RAD shit and send it to Nintendo and get Szabada and I some face time.  We'll use our DSE's and pull some shit down for Showtime for Free. Who's gonna step up and get Showtime for Free a Wii U to write about?           

Get out your mirrors people!! It's Y-O-U!!!

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 12:09:56 AM »
Fuck it.  Who here can write something half legible to ask Nintendo if we can beta-test/review a blankety blank Wii U?  Szabada and I can suck a dick with our eyes, but we can't type up shit for shit. Somebody type up some RAD shit and send it to Nintendo and get Szabada and I some face time.  We'll use our DSE's and pull some shit down for Showtime for Free. Who's gonna step up and get Showtime for Free a Wii U to write about?           

:beerfunnel:

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 01:08:34 AM »

:beerfunnel:

;?

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2012, 07:25:51 AM »
Fuck it.  Who here can write something half legible to ask Nintendo if we can beta-test/review a blankety blank Wii U?  Szabada and I can suck a dick with our eyes, but we can't type up shit for shit. Somebody type up some RAD shit and send it to Nintendo and get Szabada and I some face time.  We'll use our DSE's and pull some shit down for Showtime for Free. Who's gonna step up and get Showtime for Free a Wii U to write about?           

hahaha um what the hell does that even mean?

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 727
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2012, 01:22:24 AM »
Fuck it.  Who here can write something half legible to ask Nintendo if we can beta-test/review a blankety blank Wii U?  Szabada and I can suck a dick with our eyes, but we can't type up shit for shit. Somebody type up some RAD shit and send it to Nintendo and get Szabada and I some face time.  We'll use our DSE's and pull some shit down for Showtime for Free. Who's gonna step up and get Showtime for Free a Wii U to write about?           

hahaha um what the hell does that even mean?

U tell me.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2012, 08:40:30 AM »
It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything new on the Wii U specs front. The latest report suggests some rather accurate specs that Nintendo was targeting for developers last year, and apparently Nintendo has kept the hardware consistent since then. However, take these hardware specs with a grain of salt, as the details have likely changes since. Nevertheless, here are the rumored specs, as per the Wii U dev kit of last year:
New Wii U Specs (dev kits)
Wii U CPU runs at 3.4 GHz and has 3 cores
2 MB L2 cache on one core, 512 KB on the two other cores
3 GB memory for dev kits, 1.5 GB of memory for retail consoles
Custom AMD Wii U GPU with 32 MB embedded eDRAM and unified shader architecture
More GPU features: custom shader support, compute shader support, 128 bit floating point HDR texture filtering, multi-sample anti-aliasing, 720p + 4X MSAA, or 1080p no MSAA rendering.
Dedicated 120 MHz audio processor, 6 channel audio for console, 2 channel for controller
512 MB of on-board flash storage for the Wii U operating system
8 GB of flash storage for apps and games.
In addition, Nintendo has given developers access to powerful graphics APIs that are reportedly very easy to use and very familiar to those who developed on the Wii and GameCube. On paper, it looks like the Wii U specs include many of the modern features, especially on the GPU front. Of course, these specs are rumored and coming from a developer who supposedly has access to the system. The final system specs may be different.
Last time we heard regarding Wii U specs, the CPU was said to be 20X faster than the one found in the Wii. Given Nintendo’s history of never officially announcing the specs of their consoles, we’ll have to wait until someone gets a retail version of the Wii U and peeks inside.
Thanks for the tip, Ricky!
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/07/wii-u-specs-rumors-resurface/

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 07:31:59 AM »
Nintendo confirms a few Wii U specs: memory, game disc size, more
September 13th, 2012 Posted in News, Posted by Valay, Wii U

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata confirmed a few new Wii U specs during a Japanese presentation today. Much of the information relates to memory and the game discs.

Iwata shared the following information:

- Supports full 1080p
- “GPGPU” used
- Main memory: 1GB
- System memory: 1GB
- Total memory is 2GB
- Games only use 1GB of main memory
- System memory is for the OS
- Can use the browser while playing
- Game discs are 25GB
- Discs run at 22.5 MB/s
- Uses up to 75 watts of electricity
- Typical power usage is 45 watts
- Reconfirmed: import Wii VC and WiiWare games  http://nintendoeverything.com/98691/nintendo-confirms-a-few-wii-u-specs-memory-game-disc-size-more/

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2012, 05:21:20 PM »
Wii U preorders are doubling in price already on Ebay!   Voltan... you are going to be one rich MoFo!    hope you make enough money to sell a couple to some site members on the cheap!  ;)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=nintendo+wii+u&_sacat=0&_odkw=logans+shadow&_osacat=0&_from=R40

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2012, 03:59:38 PM »
Wii U preorders are doubling in price already on Ebay!   Voltan... you are going to be one rich MoFo!    hope you make enough money to sell a couple to some site members on the cheap!  ;)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=nintendo+wii+u&_sacat=0&_odkw=logans+shadow&_osacat=0&_from=R40

Lets not get too hasty here, while I do hope that Voltan rakes it in just like someone I know did during the great UGG shortage on the East Coast those are only prices that have been set.  Nothing has actually been sold yet.  And some of those bids look a little fishy.  The one that has 16 bids on it only has a few that are around $500.  3 of them are even from the same person bidding himself up 3 times...

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2012, 07:27:30 PM »

Iwata Asks about the WiiPad's ability to work through walls
by Jessica Conditt   on Oct 17th 2012 5:30PM

The Wii U hardware development team is aware that the first thing most people will do with their WiiPads is see how far they will work away from the console, inside their homes. The WiiPad's radio waves need a clear line of travel to the Wii U to work properly, meaning even things such as walls and holding it vertically posed a problem for the team. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata describes the vertical issue himself during the latest Iwata Asks:

"To address why holding it vertically may have been an issue, is because radio waves don't spread well underwater, but the human body is 60 to 70 percent water, so it can interfere with radio wave paths. Since you hold it both vertically and horizontally, it gets more difficult to place the antenna where the radio waves can easily reach it."

The Product Development department at Nintendo had to deal with this problem, as well as the wall issue. Of course, the team says, working through walls depends entirely on what materials those partitions are made out of. Other factors, such as placing the Wii U on a metal surface, can reduce the WiiPad's range.

One question the team got was if people will be able to use the WiiPad in the bathroom, and for the answer we have anecdotal evidence from Product Development member Toru Yamashita. "By the way, my living room and bathroom are separated by a single wall and I was able to use it."

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/17/iwata-asks-about-the-wiipads-ability-to-work-through-walls/

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2012, 07:20:22 AM »
Got to spend a little time with the Wii U controller at Best Buy. I was impressed, the controller screen is bright and very clear.

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 601
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »
Got to spend a little time with the Wii U controller at Best Buy. I was impressed, the controller screen is bright and very clear.

Same for me at Target. The controller didn't feel heavy and felt just right in my hands. I was impressed with it.