Author Topic: Flash 10.1 announced for just about anything with a screen....  (Read 1743 times)

Offline chaz_uk

• Founding Father, Gadget Moderator
  • Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 511
    • My Google+ Profile
Flash 10.1 announced for just about anything with a screen....
« on: October 04, 2009, 11:48:38 PM »
Except the iPhone.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/05/flash-10-1-announced-for-just-about-anything-with-a-screen-webo/
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20091004005070&newsLang=en

Participants of the initiative include Antena 3, Atlantic Records, ARM, BBC, Burda, Cell, Chungwha Telecom, Cisco, Comcast, Conde Nast, Daum, Disney Interactive, Fox Mobile, Google, HTC, Intel, LG Electronics, Lionsgate, Marvell, Motorola, MTV Networks, NBC Universal, Nokia, NTT DoCoMo, NVIDIA, OpenTV, Palm, Paramount, QNX Software Systems, Qualcomm, Stern.de, RIM, RTL, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, Texas Instruments, The New York Times, Toshiba, Verizon Wireless, Ziilabs and many others.

Why-o-why won't you join in Apple? Do you want all content going through the app store instead of letting people run "free" flash games?

Pc gaming, tablet owning, smart phoning gadget user.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 680
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: Flash 10.1 announced for just about anything with a screen....
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 07:04:24 AM »
so we get this on our android phones?    this is huge for little videos and music on myspace!    like the cann man band can't be viewed on my phone right now or an iphone, because the music player on the page is used with a flash player.       i can view that now and listen on my phone?    lol... damn.. sucks for iphone users... why aren't they in on this?

Offline chaz_uk

• Large Member
    • My Google+ Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 10:14:30 AM »
Apple won't let 3rd party apps have direct access to the iPhone os sadly. To create a flash plugin Adobe would create an app which is against the terms of the sdk so Apple would never approve it. That is one of the worst things about the iPhone and is why i moved over to android.

My Hero has flash already as standard which is nice. It's only flash lite as far as I know tho.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:14:45 AM »
looks like iphone is getting flash after all...

http://www.edge-online.com/news/abobe-cs5-to-export-flash-as-iphone-apps

he forthcoming new version of Flash Professional will allow developers to create iPhone and iPod Touch apps using ActionScript 3.

Developers using the hugely popular Flash development platform will have the option to export their projects as code that natively supports iPhone and iPod Touch’s ARM processor. It will be available as part of a beta of CS5, which will begin at a currently unspecified date later in the year.

Many Flash game developers have been porting their projects to iPhone, so this new feature will make that process much easier. It will also open iPhone development up to the large community of Flash developers that populate such sites as Newgrounds and Kongregate. Apple recently announced that the App Store is home to 85,000 apps – with Flash development support it’s likely to grow even faster.

This development will not affect the fact that iPhone does not currently support Flash itself, and developers will still need to be signed up to Apple’s iPhone Developer Program to test their apps and submit to the App Store.

This new feature extends still further Flash's potential as a games platform, giving developer access to multiple platforms: for browsers through Flash Player, for iPhone and for Abobe AIR, which Abobe has also announced will be soon available for a variety of devices and platforms including Google’s Android, Blackberry, Symbian, Palm and Windows Mobile.

Offline chaz_uk

• Large Member
    • My Google+ Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 06:49:18 AM »
That version of flash only ports the flash app into native iPhone code meaning that flash websites will stil not work on Safari and any flash program has to be downloaded via the app store.
This development will not affect the fact that iPhone does not currently support Flash itself, and developers will still need to be signed up to Apple’s iPhone Developer Program to test their apps and submit to the App Store.

They still have to jump through Apples loops to get it approved onto the app store. Not a great solution IMO.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 07:20:10 AM »
ha ha!     well i can't wait for this flash app to come out!   i need it!    i want it!