Author Topic: Manny Ramirez to Retire  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
Manny Ramirez to Retire
« on: April 08, 2011, 12:51:42 PM »
Tampa Bay Rays slugger Manny Ramirez has notified Major League Baseball that he is retiring after being notified of an issue under MLB's drug policy.

Ramirez
Ramirez tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug during spring training and retired rather than face a 100-game suspension, The New York Times reported on its website.

Major League Baseball announced the move in a statement on Friday. The statement did not say whether Ramirez tested positive for a banned substance. He has previously served a 50-game suspension for violating the drug policy while he was with the Los Angeles Dodgers.

"Major League Baseball recently notified Manny Ramirez of an issue under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program," the statement said. "Rather than continue with the process under the Program, Ramirez has informed MLB that he is retiring as an active player. If Ramirez seeks reinstatement in the future, the process under the Drug Program will be completed. MLB will not have any further comment on this matter."

Ramirez was entering his 18th season in the majors. He played with the Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Dodgers, Chicago White Sox and Rays. He has a .312 career batting average with 1,831 RBIs and 555 homers.

"The Tampa Bay Rays were informed today by the commissioner's office that Manny Ramirez has decided to retire after being informed of an issue under the drug program," the Rays said in a statement. "We are obviously surprised and disappointed by this news. We will have no further comment on this matter, and our fans and organization will carry on."

Ramirez, 38, left the team earlier this week to attend to what the Rays called a family matter. Manager Joe Maddon said on Thursday that he expected Ramirez to be available for Friday night's game at Chicago.

The 12-time All-Star agreed to a $2 million, one-year contract with the defending AL East champions in the offseason, hoping to re-establish himself as one of the game's feared hitters.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6310125

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 609
    • Video Game Rumors
Re: Manny Ramirez to Retire
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 01:09:49 PM »
I hope this doesn’t derail the Ray’s season.. oh wait..

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 03:38:41 PM »
I hope this doesn’t derail the Ray’s season.. oh wait..

lmao! No it may have very well saved it though! I can't believe LA paid as much as we did for this asshole, and on top of that got rid of Juan Pierre!? WTF!? *ragequit*

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 05:33:30 PM »
I always said I would not want him on my team.  I'm so glad we did not get him after this shit. So he can take that tampon and shove it up his ass for all I care.  Since it was a womens drug he used the first time.  ha ha ha.
Mischa

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 09:58:30 PM »
The other thing that sucks about this is he didn't even tell his team mates or manager.  They thought he was going on a family matter on Thursday.  Then Friday MLB tells them he retired.  What a way to pussy out.  It just really sucks being the great player he was to be remembered like this.  Him and Ortiz were a thorn in our ass when they played with the Red Sox.  I was listening to home plate on XM before and the number manny put up in his career are top among active players.  555 Home Runs, 1831 RBI, OPS a HUGE .996 THAT IS UNHEARD OF, 2574 Hits.  In a few categories he was #3 in active players behind A-Rod & Thome. 

I still kinda can't believe he went out like this.  I'm going to say he DEFINITELY will not be a first round hall when he does go on the ballot.  He will be lucky to be elected at all because of all of this.  It's really too bad. 

Also when I was listening to home plate someone from NY called in.  Since Manny was from NY he never actually gave back to the town he grew up in.  Like with the Boys & Girls Club or anything.  Even after everyone supported him wherever he went he really didn't care.  So that really Manny being Manny.

Mischa

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 08:10:30 AM »
oh ya.. I LOVE IT!    that cheater is getting what he deserves here at the end of his career.      he's obviously a player that benefited from steroids, or some other kind of hormone to excel in baseball.       he's sucked harder then something that really sucks hard ever since he was caught.       

shame on you cheater.     you quitter cheater!

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »
oh ya.. I LOVE IT!    that cheater is getting what he deserves here at the end of his career.      he's obviously a player that benefited from steroids, or some other kind of hormone to excel in baseball.       he's sucked harder then something that really sucks hard ever since he was caught.       

like a $5 whore sucking a golf ball through a garden hose

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 04:39:19 PM »
 ;D

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »

Or that tampon he has shoved up his ass ha ha ha.  Have fun with your womens hormone drugs BITCH!!  Well he did pussy out the way he went out.
Mischa

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 04:24:48 PM »

Or that tampon he has shoved up his ass ha ha ha.  Have fun with your womens hormone drugs BITCH!!  Well he did pussy out the way he went out.
Mischa

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 08:05:09 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/news/story?id=6656667

Now the Dodgers owe Manny 8.33 million before June 30th.  What else is going to go wrong for the Dodgers.

Mischa

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »

Now the Dodgers owe Manny 8.33 million before June 30th.  What else is going to go wrong for the Dodgers.

Mischa

swell........  :inergy:

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 727
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 01:01:48 PM »

Mischa

:rofl: :rofl: ;? :rofl: :rofl:

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 03:44:58 PM »
and Manny is still sticking it to them.  :flamethrower:

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 05:58:46 PM »