Author Topic: MLB 2011  (Read 13626 times)

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
Re: MLB 2011
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 04:31:29 AM »
As a mariners fan i have very few things to look forward to

1. Felix Hernandez shooting for what should be his 3rd straight Cy Young
2. Hoping young players like Dustin Ackley and Michael Pineda come out strong giving us a second Ace and a Stud 2nd baseman. And hoping Justin Smoak can have a breakout year
3. Rooting for Ichiro to get 200 hits again
Dood Felix is the fraking shiz-night! I hope he gets the cy again too!

Its been fun watching him grow as a pitcher, he went from a very very young kid, who you could tell had Nasty stuff to a a stud pitcher who has a killer mentalitly and goes at hitters. Not all guys who have great stuff always live up to the potential. And hes been one of 2 constant pleasures of M's ball over the string of shitty years.
Ya it's gotta be nice to at least have something! (I coulda sworn you guys were major sleepers last year with all the offseason moves you made....)

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 05:14:46 AM »

2. Hoping young players like Dustin Ackley and Michael Pineda come out strong giving us a second Ace and a Stud 2nd baseman. And hoping Justin Smoak can have a breakout year
Dood Felix is the fraking shiz-night! I hope he gets the cy again too!

Its been fun watching him grow as a pitcher, he went from a very very young kid, who you could tell had Nasty stuff to a a stud pitcher who has a killer mentalitly and goes at hitters. Not all guys who have great stuff always live up to the potential. And hes been one of 2 constant pleasures of M's ball over the string of shitty years.
Ya it's gotta be nice to at least have something! (I coulda sworn you guys were major sleepers last year with all the offseason moves you made....)

Yea, i gotta look for bright spots, we really got derailed when we hired the Los Angelas Angels of Anahiem throught the district of Columbia and the Nation of Puerto Rico of the Continant of South and North America's old GM Bill the Devil Bavasi.

He gutted the shit out of our farm system and pro team by making probally the worst string of trades ive seen in major league history Sending A. Jones, C. Tillman, G. Sherril, K. Mikiolo and another guy for BEdard a good but slightly proven Pitcher who was often injured.

C. Guillen for some bum

A. Cabrera, Shin shoo choo to the Indians for a guy i cant even remeber his name who played first but was awful and some other gimp or maybee just him.

Rafael Soriano for god another guy i cant remember who was one of the worst pitchers in the league before we got him. I must have alot of repressed memories on the guys we got in these trades to try and forget.

Made Multiple horrible FA signings a list i wont even go into.

And i know there are more trades im forgetting.

And i dont know who maybee the owners ran out P. Gillick the GM before who assembled our record win team and i believe became the Phils GM and is like the Phils GMs advisor now.

But assentially he traded a Dominant Closer who was a dominant set up man when we had him, a solid Middle infeilder a spot we are weak a great outfielder and offensive weapon in Choo, a Young outfielder in A. Jones who still not quite there yet but is still young, a possible young upcoming ACE in Tillman and some pretty good relievers who you can live with out a few but need a great pen oh and btw did i mention he took Morrow instead of Lincecum which is a could should would and Morrow may still turn out well but he was mis handled by bavasi in his development years.

And basically theres not one thing to show for it except for like 2 games one seasaon and like 14 another Bedard was a pretty good 5 inning starting pitchers which is really not ever impressive because thats strains your bullpen which we traded away.

Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 06:32:25 PM »

It's kinda funny my husband and I went to Shea Stadium in 2007 before it closed.  The Mets were playing the Mariners.  Felix ended up hitting a GRAND SLAM!! It was the first grand slam ever by a Mariners pitcher.  Than 2 innings later he hurt his ankle and didn't even get the win which sucked. 
Mischa

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 07:47:21 PM »
You guys still have Figgins?  I remember back when he was really doing well and everyone loved him.  We could have gotten so much for that turd had the stupid Angel fans around here not loved him so much because he was small and scrappy, I wanted him to get traded when there were some big names out there.  Something like a package involving him for A-Rod was rumoring around I think, and people out here almost had a hissy fit we'd trade figgy away.  Instead he leaves and we get nothing in return.  (and got nothing with him as a starter either)

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 09:52:52 PM »

It's kinda funny my husband and I went to Shea Stadium in 2007 before it closed.  The Mets were playing the Mariners.  Felix ended up hitting a GRAND SLAM!! It was the first grand slam ever by a Mariners pitcher.  Than 2 innings later he hurt his ankle and didn't even get the win which sucked. 
Mischa

Yep, i remember that off Johan too that made it even better.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »
So we bring up from AAA Pendleton.  He pitches 3 innings and get's all 9 Rangers he faces.  That has to be some debut for this kid how awesome is that?!!

We ended up bringing the winning run to the plate and lost to the Rangers.  We had 6 double plays against us in the first 8 innings.

Mischa
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 06:12:08 PM by mischa316 »

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 01:57:23 PM »
Angels score 1 run in 2 games vs the Mighty M's, losing in games started by Weaver and Haren. Say what our punchless offense beating the Halos 2 best starters. Boooooyaaa bring out the brooms.

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 10:28:57 AM »
I'm glad I missed both of those games.  You know its going bad when Torii Hunter loses the final out in the 9th inning in the sun when the winning run is standing on third, but I guess he was already across home by the time the ball fell.  Wow, just WOW. 

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 10:49:09 AM »
yea that was funny.

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 11:08:19 AM »
Scoring is down across the league.  Bring back the roids!! My fantasy team needs them!!  Dammit Canseco!

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 09:11:59 AM »
Did anyone see the Phillies and Reds last night.  19 innings Wilson Valdez who is an infielder won the game.  He had never pitched profesionally ever.  He even got the heart of their order.  Bruce, Rolen he hit, MVP Votto and the other I don't remember.

Mischa

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 09:10:37 PM »
WTF is wrong with the people in Seattle tonight.  3 run onto the field and one was totally nude WTF>?!!
Mischa

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 08:08:57 PM »
The lights just went out in St. Louis.  Brian Wilson was on the mound for San Fran & they are delaying the game and Bochy is pissed off and so is Wilson.  They were one out away with one on in the bottom of the 11th.  With the score being 7-5 Giants.

Mischa

Offline itputdalotion0n

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 08:11:05 PM »
WTF is wrong with the people in Seattle tonight.  3 run onto the field and one was totally nude WTF>?!!
Mischa

didnt get to see it, i live in illinois so i dont get to watch much. Cant afford MLBtv right now either so that sucks

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 08:21:29 PM »
Mischa

didnt get to see it, i live in illinois so i dont get to watch much. Cant afford MLBtv right now either so that sucks

I was actually watching on the MLB Network and listening to the Yankees broadcast on mlb.tv that is only $19.99 for the whole year.  So I can listen to my games anyways. 

Mischa