Author Topic: MLB 2011  (Read 12213 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: MLB 2011
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2011, 08:48:17 PM »
saw people on SC talking how the Yankees didn't play their good players halfway through after they were up 7-0.   ha.. i love it.

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 727
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2011, 09:09:52 PM »
Two epic collapses.  And it couldn't happen to two better teams.  I hate the Red Sox and Braves.

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2011, 09:24:10 PM »
Two epic collapses.  And it couldn't happen to two better teams.  I hate the Red Sox and Braves.

Damn right so do I this was the most exciting baseball I have ever seen in one night.   As what mid was saying we did take all of our players out we had all rookies in.  Then when he didn't bring in Rivera I was like I think he's giving the game away.  Then 2 down 2 strikes Johnson hit's that game tying HR.  Then after I saw Baltimore walked off against the Red Sox Evan was up I just had this feeling WALK OFF.  I don't know what it was.

Mischa

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2011, 10:51:56 AM »
So with the epic collapse of Boston & Atlanta last night who get's fired?

Mischa

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2011, 07:17:40 PM »
So with the epic collapse of Boston & Atlanta last night who get's fired?

Mischa

Hmm.  Good question.  But I bet they both keep their jobs.  At least Francona.

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2011, 07:22:03 PM »
I just want to say I really like the Rays manager, Joe Maddon.  He has so much confidence in his team that he's starting Matt Moore in game 1 against the Rangers.  For those that don't know, Matt Moore has compiled a whopping 9 1/3 innings in the majors.  All in the last 2 weeks.  Kid has one start.  But, he's a phenom.  I just love the faith he has in him.  Putting the ball in a rookies hands for game 1.  Wow.  Almost like when we let Kobe take that last second shot against the Jazz in his rookie year.  You know, the one he missed horribly. ::)

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2011, 08:57:34 PM »
I just want to say I really like the Rays manager, Joe Maddon.  He has so much confidence in his team that he's starting Matt Moore in game 1 against the Rangers.  For those that don't know, Matt Moore has compiled a whopping 9 1/3 innings in the majors.  All in the last 2 weeks.  Kid has one start.  But, he's a phenom.  I just love the faith he has in him.  Putting the ball in a rookies hands for game 1.  Wow.  Almost like when we let Kobe take that last second shot against the Jazz in his rookie year.  You know, the one he missed horribly. ::)

He did the same thing with Price in '08 look how that turned out for them.  I don't know it's going to be exciting.  I'm also going to say if we lose to Verlander tonight I don't know about the rest of our pitching staff besides CC.  It's a huge question mark are they or not going to implode only time will tell.  I still think it's going to be the Phillies winning it all against whoever.  I just kinda hope it's not the rays since seats are expensive well not as bad as NY or Philly but we really don't have the money this year to go.  Like we did in '08.

Mischa

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2011, 11:11:22 PM »
Looks like Francona might be on his way out.  I think he has a meeting with the execs tomorrow or something and there is speculation.  He'd get a job somewhere else anyways.  Anyone listen to Colin Cowherd?  He had a good point today, maybe it was yesterday.  For a lot of managers, sometimes it's just time to move on.  Maybe Chicago?

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2011, 08:49:46 PM »
If you like baseball and didn't watch game 6 of the 2011 World Series you missed something amazing.  What a great game.  It was over so many times, at least three.  Game over, Texas wins... Nope!  We've got a game 7 tomorrow.  If it's half as good as tonights game oh boy!!

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2011, 08:05:56 PM »
If you like baseball and didn't watch game 6 of the 2011 World Series you missed something amazing.  What a great game.  It was over so many times, at least three.  Game over, Texas wins... Nope!  We've got a game 7 tomorrow.  If it's half as good as tonights game oh boy!!

After they lost that game I didn't think they would win it tonight.  I was actually rooting for the Rangers since they have never won one.  Guess it will have to wait til next year. 

Mischa