Author Topic: MLB 2011  (Read 13624 times)

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
MLB 2011
« on: April 01, 2011, 09:49:04 PM »
Well it's that time of the year again. 
My Yankees won their first game.
I have 2 things to get excited for this year.
1) Derek Jeter getting his 3000th hit I just hope he actually get's it at home in the new stadium.
2) Maybe this year Mariano Rivera will become the all time saves leader passing Trevor Hoffman.  He is only 41 away from tying him.  So it will either be this year or early next year!!

Also look for Chris Sale on the White Sox he actually went to Florida Gulf Coast University which is only 2 miles from me.  He was drafted last year by the White Sox and he was called up in September.  How awesome is that!!

Mischa

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: MLB 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 07:35:51 AM »
Dodgers have taken out the Champs two games in a row so far!   let's go Blue!

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 08:21:34 AM »
Yes! Baseball is here!

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 08:22:16 AM »
Dodgers have taken out the Champs two games in a row so far!   let's go Blue!

Are you talking about the team or the fans in the parking lot???? LOL..

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 08:28:15 AM »
i know... it's disgusting.  :(    it's hard to be a Dodger fan, when a lot of their fans are horrible, gang banging douchebags... that don't even have an idea what baseball is about, they just like the color blue, and it's "LA"... so they go out, and get drunk and high and just thug it up out there.        we hardly ever go to Dodger games for this reason.    they only go there to get in a fight with someone.    it's a shame.           they've done it with the Lakers too.       

and by "they", i mean the gang banging loser thugs, that are fucking shit up all over the place.        it sucks, and i don't understand the mentality.      it's because LA has been over run with the masses of ignorant people.... Orange County will be next... but it's still somewhat pretty good here in those regards.    you can go to an Angel game with your family with no worries(unless they're playing the Dodgers of course and Dodger fans travel from LA), you can go to Ducks games with no worries.        i hate to say it.. but it's just demographics of our state here in So.Cal.   it's the way it's going to be, and it won't get any better any time soon, as far as i can see.

makes me wish at times i lived in some state in the middle of this country, where things are slower and people are way nicer to each other.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 02:44:31 PM »
Dodgers have taken out the Champs two games in a row so far!   let's go Blue!
hells yes! I don't want to take em off the DVR!!!!! (especially game one, Kershaw is a sexy sexy mother fucker!)

And while I don't support the gang culture infecting our sports, I also can't support someone thinking it's a good idea to wear a fucking SF jersey in the ravine. They deserve to get hit in the face, but nothing more than that, certainly not anything critical to their health or death....  I hope those assholes get the shit kicked outta them by giants fans, I aint gonna lie.

I'd defend the LA "fans" if they were provoked (which it's stupid as shit to talk that much shit in your rivals stadium) but there is no need for such excessive violence. Those two asshole weren't fans, just pricks looking to beat the shit out of a poor defenseless person who for all intended purposes was probably minding his own business, hanging his head in shame from the loss and heading home.

(P.S. - It's perfectly safe to go to Dodger games, provided you're wearing blue or neutral colors, and mind your pints and quarts.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 02:50:00 PM by Caine »

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 10:17:55 PM »
I also forgot to say this is the last year for Sun Life Stadium in Miami.  The Marlins will get their new stadium next year.  It will be a dome where the walls & roof are retractable which is going to be totally awesome.  The only other thing I have to say is that it's only going to hae like 36k seats how pathetic is that?  They will probably only sell out a few times a year which is horrible.
Mischa

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 11:42:15 PM »
Angels bullpen has already blown to games so far, this could be a long season. 

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 11:43:25 PM »
I also forgot to say this is the last year for Sun Life Stadium in Miami.  The Marlins will get their new stadium next year.  It will be a dome where the walls & roof are retractable which is going to be totally awesome.  The only other thing I have to say is that it's only going to hae like 36k seats how pathetic is that?  They will probably only sell out a few times a year which is horrible.
Mischa

Yeah, Its said they can't get people in the seats out there.  Even Tampa had problems filling the seats and they were playing great baseball. 

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 10:02:14 AM »
Mischa

Yeah, Its said they can't get people in the seats out there.  Even Tampa had problems filling the seats and they were playing great baseball. 

Yeah... super sad.... why do Floridian's hate baseball so much? You'd think with all the cubans and such in miami they'd be all for it???  ???

and heck while I'm stereotyping, I thought old people loved baseball too!  ??? ??? ???

sense makes not!

Offline mischa316

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 11:32:13 AM »
Mischa

Yeah... super sad.... why do Floridian's hate baseball so much? You'd think with all the cubans and such in miami they'd be all for it???  ???

and heck while I'm stereotyping, I thought old people loved baseball too!  ??? ??? ???

sense makes not!

I have no idea they only support them when they are winning.  It has always been like that down here.  I remember when the Marlins were WS Champs from 2003 and my husband and I went to the final game in Miami as WS Champs in 04 when they were playing his team the Phillies.  They couldn't even 1/2 way sell out the stadium.  I was wearing my NYY t-shirt and had a guy pretty much get pissy with me.  I said to him at least us northern fans stick by our teams weather we win or lose unlike this bullshit.  I said you are world series champions and you can even sell out your final game as WS champs that is PATHETIC!! He had nothing else to say to me. 

It's like look at Cubs fans they have won one in over 100 years and they still sell out how ya know.

Well we had our first triple play today in Cleveland against the White Sox.  I wonder how long it will take for a no hitter/perfect or a cycle.

Mischa

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 11:52:12 AM »
I also forgot to say this is the last year for Sun Life Stadium in Miami.  The Marlins will get their new stadium next year.  It will be a dome where the walls & roof are retractable which is going to be totally awesome.  The only other thing I have to say is that it's only going to hae like 36k seats how pathetic is that?  They will probably only sell out a few times a year which is horrible.
Mischa

Yeah, Its said they can't get people in the seats out there.  Even Tampa had problems filling the seats and they were playing great baseball.  

Yeah... super sad.... why do Floridian's hate baseball so much? You'd think with all the cubans and such in miami they'd be all for it???  ???

and heck while I'm stereotyping, I thought old people loved baseball too!  ??? ??? ???

sense makes not!

I have no idea they only support them when they are winning.  It has always been like that down here.  I remember when the Marlins were WS Champs from 2003 and my husband and I went to the final game in Miami as WS Champs in 04 when they were playing his team the Phillies.  They couldn't even 1/2 way sell out the stadium.  I was wearing my NYY t-shirt and had a guy pretty much get pissy with me.  I said to him at least us northern fans stick by our teams weather we win or lose unlike this bullshit.  I said you are world series champions and you can even sell out your final game as WS champs that is PATHETIC!! He had nothing else to say to me.  

It's like look at Cubs fans they have won one in over 100 years and they still sell out how ya know.

Misha why you gotta be so sexy? I love it when you talk dirty ;)

(even if you're a dirty yanks fan  :P )

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 04:14:56 AM »
As a mariners fan i have very few things to look forward to

1. Felix Hernandez shooting for what should be his 3rd straight Cy Young
2. Hoping young players like Dustin Ackley and Michael Pineda come out strong giving us a second Ace and a Stud 2nd baseman. And hoping Justin Smoak can have a breakout year
3. Rooting for Ichiro to get 200 hits again
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 04:18:23 AM »

2. Hoping young players like Dustin Ackley and Michael Pineda come out strong giving us a second Ace and a Stud 2nd baseman. And hoping Justin Smoak can have a breakout year
Dood Felix is the fraking shiz-night! I hope he gets the cy again too!

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 04:28:32 AM »

Dood Felix is the fraking shiz-night! I hope he gets the cy again too!

Its been fun watching him grow as a pitcher, he went from a very very young kid, who you could tell had Nasty stuff to a a stud pitcher who has a killer mentalitly and goes at hitters. Not all guys who have great stuff always live up to the potential. And hes been one of 2 constant pleasures of M's ball over the string of shitty years.
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber