Author Topic: Beavis and Butt-Head  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
Beavis and Butt-Head
« on: March 27, 2011, 01:12:26 AM »
 ;D ;D I don't know when this article was written, or if its even true.  But please let it be so ;D ;D
The return of Beavis and Butt-Head is nearly upon us and now we get a better idea what the cartoon duo will be watching and subsequnetly commenting on. MTV president Van Toffler tells Rolling Stone the new series, debuting later this year, will be “very familiar to fans of the Nineties original.”

“I felt like there was a whole crop of new artists — and what the world sorely missed was the point of view that only Beavis and Butt-Head could bring.”

Beavis and Butthead, which originally ran on MTV from 1993-1997, will return as self-contained segments featuring the cartoon boys in different situations like the old show.

The big change-up from when the twosome bid adieu in ’97 is the wealth of new pop culture that’s ripe for intense mockery. Let’s face it, there’s a lot of stuff out there just screaming to be made fun of.

Said Toffler:

“This time around, they’ll watch Jersey Shore, UFC matches and user-generated videos from YouTube, in addition to music videos.”
All of the programming will be displayed on the duo’s TV, even if it comes from YouTube — “like silly videos of cats playing music.”
To make the endeavor complete, the show’s creator, Mike Judge, who directed Office Space and developed King of the Hill, has returned to oversee the updated series.

And while the world around them has changed since the show’s initial farewell, Beavis and Butt-Head remain just as they were -  young, vulgar and mostly idiotic.

“They’ll have the same intelligence,” Toffler says. “They’re the same boneheads sitting on the same couch, commenting on things through a really simple prism.”
Toffler points to popular shows like Family Guy and South Park as prime examples of why he isn’t worried young viewers will be happy to add the new Beavis and Butthead to their favorites list of zany, pop culture-skewering entertainment.

“These boys are beloved characters,” says Toffler, “and even if you didn’t know them the first time around, it doesn’t take more than 30 seconds to fall in love with them.”

http://beatcrave.com/2011-02-17/beavis-and-butt-head-to-make-fun-of-jersey-shore-youtube-videos/

Offline SadisticKeith

• Learn to Play Moderator
  • Founding Father
  • In the Showtime for Free, Wolfpack.
  • Showtime Karma: 544
Re: Beavis and Butt-Head
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 06:42:29 AM »
For the love of God let it be so! Apparently there is all kinds of news floating around the net that MTV announced this last year. Man I hope it can retain the magic of the original series. I know I have high hopes but this is my favorite tv show of all time we are talking about.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:51:24 AM by SadisticKeith »
This my BOOMSTICK!

"Oh, that's just what we call 'pillow talk' baby, that's all"

Ash

Offline mondayshift

• "I'm not a hot asian chick"
  • Founding Father
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 607
    • flickr
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 08:17:57 AM »
"i need T.P., T.P. for my bunghole..are you threatening me?"

i just don't want to be let down. if this si true.
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, I punch your face!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondayshift/

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 732
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 11:03:43 AM »
I read a bit about this maybe a week ago.  Didn't post because wasn't sure if it was BS.  I've heard more about it now and my gut says they're coming baaaaaack!!!!  Fuck, now I'm gonna want my MTV!!

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 617
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 05:26:45 PM »
I read a bit about this maybe a week ago.  Didn't post because wasn't sure if it was BS.  I've heard more about it now and my gut says they're coming baaaaaack!!!!  Fuck, now I'm gonna want my MTV!!

im sure it will be online or on torrents dont you worry...