Author Topic: Nintendo announces 3DS launch date and price  (Read 15512 times)

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 611
    • Video Game Rumors
Nintendo announces 3DS launch date and price
« on: January 19, 2011, 06:59:20 AM »
Itís been a long time coming, but Nintendo has finally announced the release date and price for the 3DS. The system will arrive on March 27 for $249.99. A direct yen conversion put the system at around $300 in the U.S., so this price is quite a bit cheaper. Even more information is expected to be revealed about the 3DS today, so stay tuned.

Preorders are up on Amazon.. I am down for a black one.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 680
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: Nintendo announces 3DS launch date and price
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 07:24:21 AM »
OK... Nintendo... Showtime for Free is ready for you to send one to us for review.

just saying.

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 732
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:08:31 AM »
Itís been a long time coming, but Nintendo has finally announced the release date and price for the 3DS. The system will arrive on March 27 for $249.99. A direct yen conversion put the system at around $300 in the U.S., so this price is quite a bit cheaper. Even more information is expected to be revealed about the 3DS today, so stay tuned.

Preorders are up on Amazon.. I am down for a black one.

What an excellent marketing ploy!  No way I was even considering one of these for $300, but now at $249 I'm suddenly having a change of heart. 

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:13:17 AM »
Aaaaaaaaand just like that I have 2 reserved.  All I could find was the Aqua blue at first, so reserved it, but then dug and found the black.  Reserved one of them too.  Thanks for the sweet heads up Darkredrain!

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 09:53:21 AM »
Wait... they aren't waiting 6 - 12 months to release new colors?

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 619
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 12:55:04 PM »
Conflicting reports have surrounded Nintendo's plans for the roll-out of the digital market and internet browser for its upcoming 3DS handheld.

Now, in an investor briefing, president Satoru Iwata himself has confirmed that the store will not, in fact, be ready "on day one", as previously suggested.

"The first system update is scheduled for late May, at almost the same time around the world," president Satoru Iwata said. In addition to the eShop and the internet browser, the May update will also enable the ability to transfer DSiWare titles from a DS to a 3DS system.

The 3DS launches in Japan on February 26th, in North America on March 27th and in Europe on March 25th, which means consumers won't be able to use those features for two to three months following their 3DS purchase.

The eShop will offer DSiWare titles and retro games (similar to Wii's virtual console), as well as demos and trailers of some games.

Iwata described the ways the eShop aims to advance on Nintendo's previous digital storefronts for DS and Wii, which he says "so far... have not provided the users with a sufficiently easy and accessible interface."

This is because "switching from one screen to another takes time and, for Wii, promotions by Nintendo Channel and sales at Wii Shop Channel have not been closely linked," Iwata adds.

"As it is critical in digital software distribution that the software available there won't be buried and go unnoticed, and that we can prepare pleasant encounters for consumers, we will be running a drastically redesigned shop for Nintendo 3DS in which you can more comfortably purchase software through downloads."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/32697/Nintendo_3DS_eShop_Wont_Be_Available_On_Day_One_After_All_Slated_For_May.php

Offline mondayshift

• "I'm not a hot asian chick"
  • Founding Father
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 607
    • flickr
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 07:29:40 AM »
ok i think i'm getting 3DS fever! can't stop shaking. (rocks back and forth) is it sunday yet fatha? wheres mutha? it's so cold, so very much cold.
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, I punch your face!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondayshift/

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 603
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 07:34:23 AM »
Played this at Best Buy, no way in hell Id drop $250 on it.

Offline mondayshift

• Founding Father
    • flickr
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 08:04:53 AM »
Played this at Best Buy, no way in hell Id drop $250 on it.

i personally think it's $50 dollars to much. but the AR thing has caused me to ignore the 50. i just see so much potential for it more so than the actual 3D games. if the 3DS wasn't launching i probably would of just gotten the Pokemon Edition DS or another DSixl.

Offline mondayshift

• Founding Father
    • flickr
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 10:17:08 AM »
i'm a gonna have to return the 3ds i bought. just played 20 minutes and my eyes and head hurts! there is no way i'm gonna let my kids play that!
it feels like someone had their thumbs on my eyes for 20 minutes trying to push them in.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »
you totally have the option to turn the 3D off though!  ::)

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 10:50:12 AM »
i'm a gonna have to return the 3ds i bought. just played 20 minutes and my eyes and head hurts! there is no way i'm gonna let my kids play that!
it feels like someone had their thumbs on my eyes for 20 minutes trying to push them in.

yea they say no one under the age of 8 should play it.  :-X

you totally have the option to turn the 3D off though!  ::)

then whats the point of buying the 3d games and spending 249?

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 10:52:22 AM »

I was worried about that!

I had 2 of them pre-ordered on Amazon and stupidly only remembered to cancel one.  Ugh.  Does anyone know how the return works with Amazon?

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 10:54:31 AM »

I had 2 of them pre-ordered on Amazon and stupidly only remembered to cancel one.  Ugh.  Does anyone know how the return works with Amazon?

call them up and set it all up make sure you ahve the original shipping invoice and box makes it easier. if you havnt gotten it yet you cn cancell them if they havnt shipped, but im assuming they already shipped it...

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 10:59:53 AM »

I had 2 of them pre-ordered on Amazon and stupidly only remembered to cancel one.  Ugh.  Does anyone know how the return works with Amazon?

call them up and set it all up make sure you ahve the original shipping invoice and box makes it easier. if you havnt gotten it yet you cn cancell them if they havnt shipped, but im assuming they already shipped it...

Says it's in the shipping process and cannot be cancelled.   >:(