Author Topic: The SDF  (Read 19308 times)

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
Re: The SDF
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 10:00:59 AM »
but how much money they are getting with blu-ray?

well they lost a lot but they started making money on every ps3 sold.

after it cut backwards compatibility and custom os, and media card reader... ::)

Offline Onslaught

• Founding Father
  • Respected Member
  • Showtime Karma: 450
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 10:09:23 AM »
Fable III seems fun, but not like I want to beat this game 4 times, fun like Demon's Souls)

:o

I know...but if you get proficient at the game enough, you can get through it within 5-7 hours, so it's not some amazing feat. I still need to get through Fable 3, but I messed up on an achievement and it made me want to restart, so I'll do it at a later time.

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 10:22:44 AM »
I know...but if you get proficient at the game enough, you can get through it within 5-7 hours, so it's not some amazing feat. I still need to get through Fable 3, but I messed up on an achievement and it made me want to restart, so I'll do it at a later time.

That's quite an accomplishment.. I thought that game was devilishly hard? I have it, but haven't played it much. Keep meaning to put some time aside to dive into it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:25:06 AM by hdinred »

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 10:24:28 AM »

Iíve seen some speculation that Sony still hasnít recouped its initial investment on Blu-ray yet, but I have no facts to back that up. Pure speculation.

Anyway, I will say this, all of those early losses donít seem to impacting Sonyís investment in game development. They are very strong.

Offline cuco33

• 2011 CO-Member of the Year
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 367
    • eurokult
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 10:43:25 AM »
Mid, the first thing you did wrong was go to N4G. They have some of the most extreme fanboiz over there.

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 10:56:03 AM »
Got to say though, I "love" it when deefers chime in about GT franchise since it's Sony's biggest franchise to date and know nothing but talking points from bias-heavy created lists and neglect other titles on any platform, obviously including Forza. I think Forza gets more attention from the deefer squad than the most die hard loyal xbots  :P

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 10:57:20 AM »
i'm from europe where x360 doesn't exist. here in croatia everybody who bought x360 bought it because it had piracy and ps3 didn't.

you really think that x360 outsold ps3 by 2,5 million in last three months of 2010?

let's say you bought x360. you also bought 10-20 games for it. you have many friends onlive, gamerscore is big and than you get RROD. what will you do? sell all games, forget about gamerscore and efforts you put in it, forget about all friends you had onlive, and probably you would have few months left with gold subscription-that would be like throwing money away, and it's pretty hard to accept that you bought a wrong console (wrong because of failure rate)
nice.. Croatia.     my good friend, and former roommate, and member of this site Loady Smurf... he's Croatian.     good friend.. good people you Croats!

and about RRoD... i had it happen to me... and what i did was send it in to get fixed for free, and then got my box back again.        it was ok to be not playing games for a few weeks.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 10:59:45 AM »
Mid, the first thing you did wrong was go to N4G. They have some of the most extreme fanboiz over there.
i love stirring the water.  :)

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2011, 11:04:25 AM »
HOLY FUCKIN SHITBALLS EMIL!!!! You take this shit WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too seriously! I ask only 2 questions for you...
1. Do you have any Sony stock?
2. Do you work for Sony?

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2011, 11:05:33 AM »
x360 is one year more on market of course it has more games. more games in every genre? ps3 exclusives in every genre are better than x360 exclusives:

GT5<forza 3

Fixed for truth. Just sayin...

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2011, 11:09:44 AM »
in third quarter ps3 outsold x360 by 700k despite x360 having slim effect and halo reach   http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27493248

best console graphics ever: uncharted 2, god of war 3, gran turismo 5, killzone 2

I take it you haven't played GT5 much... because the premiums look absolutely gorgeous but the remaining 80%... not so much. Tracks are hit or miss. Forza runs at a stable 60fps with no screen tearing, no blocky shadows, no jaggy edges, etc. I'd say the pros of GT5 get outweighed by the cons and like Forza's direction by keeping everything as consistent as possible. Just sayin..

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »
i'm from europe where x360 doesn't exist. here in croatia everybody who bought x360 bought it because it had piracy and ps3 didn't.

you really think that x360 outsold ps3 by 2,5 million in last three months of 2010?

let's say you bought x360. you also bought 10-20 games for it. you have many friends onlive, gamerscore is big and than you get RROD. what will you do? sell all games, forget about gamerscore and efforts you put in it, forget about all friends you had onlive, and probably you would have few months left with gold subscription-that would be like throwing money away, and it's pretty hard to accept that you bought a wrong console (wrong because of failure rate)

I have family and friends in Portugal, Spain, France, Italy and the UK. 360 does exist over there. PS3 is more popular due to brand having the impact it did in the past generations.
Failure rate issues was a thing of the past. I take it you never heard of bad BD drives and the YLOD? I've suffered through 2 RRODs on 2 360 consoles and 1 bad BD drive on 1 PS3. For me, I'm at 100% failure rate. My Wii, which I had since launch, has been kicked, dropped, beer spilt on it, etc and still kicking to this day without as much as a hitch, a lockup, a freeze, failure, etc

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2011, 11:13:43 AM »

well they lost a lot but they started making money on every ps3 sold.

Sony has the biggest stake in BD, but they aren't the only ones on the BDA board. Think about that for a sec

and I'm spent  :P

Offline emilCRO

• Showtime's in your blood.
  • Showtime Karma: 201
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2011, 11:37:06 AM »

best console graphics ever: uncharted 2, god of war 3, gran turismo 5, killzone 2

I take it you haven't played GT5 much... because the premiums look absolutely gorgeous but the remaining 80%... not so much. Tracks are hit or miss. Forza runs at a stable 60fps with no screen tearing, no blocky shadows, no jaggy edges, etc. I'd say the pros of GT5 get outweighed by the cons and like Forza's direction by keeping everything as consistent as possible. Just sayin..
[/quote]

yea only 20% of GT5 cars are premium. 230 premium cars versus staggering 400 forza 3.

wow stable frame rate. that's probably because

staggering 8 cars on track versus 16 in GT5
720p resolution versus 1280X1080p in GT5
no day/night cycles
no weather or weather changes
no night races
10X less details in cars especially cockpit

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2011, 11:41:06 AM »
i just have a one quick question, um do you have a 360? the answer to that question will then determine if i continue reading...