Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 8484 times)

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 576
    • Video Game Rumors
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2012, 02:07:55 PM »
for this skyrim goes a notch down in my book...why waste time on that shit?make some DLC...maybe someday this connect shit will disappear like the hd dvd player and the vision camera

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 576
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »

I too am confused as to why people are upset about this, you know, besides Sony Fanboys.

It's obvious that the boys at bethesda have been working their ass off to try and make Skyrim the best game possible. We're on version 1.5 now (?) and by the end of the month (at least on xbox) we'll have 1.6 (with this kinnect stuff). To think they aren't working their ass of on DLC is foolish as well. Todd said they aren't going to release stupid little content like the rest of the game industry but more substantial expansion pack type content. So yeah it's gonna be a while before we see it, but we will be glad when we do.

Also upon getting my kinect recently while I'm not horrible impressed with it's motion capture functionality, it's voice recognition is spot on.

Sure I may not be big into shouting "fus ro dah" and such all the time, but being able to instantly bring up my NPC ally's trade menu, sort my items by weight and value, yeah that shit is awesome.

The map stuff and weapon changes are looking really good.. those are two cumbersome areas of the game currently. Iíve shelved the game for a while, going to break it out again soon.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Global Moderator
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 619
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2012, 02:51:17 PM »

I too am confused as to why people are upset about this, you know, besides Sony Fanboys.

It's obvious that the boys at bethesda have been working their ass off to try and make Skyrim the best game possible. We're on version 1.5 now (?) and by the end of the month (at least on xbox) we'll have 1.6 (with this kinnect stuff). To think they aren't working their ass of on DLC is foolish as well. Todd said they aren't going to release stupid little content like the rest of the game industry but more substantial expansion pack type content. So yeah it's gonna be a while before we see it, but we will be glad when we do.

Also upon getting my kinect recently while I'm not horrible impressed with it's motion capture functionality, it's voice recognition is spot on.

Sure I may not be big into shouting "fus ro dah" and such all the time, but being able to instantly bring up my NPC ally's trade menu, sort my items by weight and value, yeah that shit is awesome.

The map stuff and weapon changes are looking really good.. those are two cumbersome areas of the game currently. Iíve shelved the game for a while, going to break it out again soon.

I'm not sure how much I'll be into the weapon change thing necessarily.... but yeah the map stuff is going to be quite nice.

Offline SadisticKeith

• Learn to Play Moderator
  • Founding Father
  • In the Showtime for Free, Wolfpack.
  • Showtime Karma: 532
« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »
I think Kinect sucks and even I think this fucking rules!
This my BOOMSTICK!

"Oh, that's just what we call 'pillow talk' baby, that's all"

Ash

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 687
« Reply #349 on: April 12, 2012, 07:33:37 PM »

;u

Offline SadisticKeith

• Founding Father
« Reply #350 on: April 12, 2012, 10:36:17 PM »

;u
:bar:

Had to be honest.
This my BOOMSTICK!

Ash

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #351 on: April 26, 2012, 09:37:53 AM »

Bethesda are teasing the announcement of the first downloadable content for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Speaking on Twitter, Bethesda vice president of public relations and marketing Pete Hines said that the studio is "working on getting a little more info out on Skyrim / DLC." As for dates, he was a less forthcoming, saying that we should expect the announcement "Maybe next week," before adding, "We'll see."

Hines also said he was "Trying to confirm Kinect release date.Ē Bethesda announced Kinect integration for the mammoth RPG a few weeks back, releasing a trailer showing off some of the features, then later saying that the patch would hit this week. Looks like that's not going to happen now then.

On the downloadable content front, meanwhile, all we know is that Bethesda plans to release less frequent, yet more substantial add-ons. Oh, and all Skyrim DLC has Xbox 360 timed-exclusivity too, obvs. Yay!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11547-Bethesda-Hope-To-Announce-First-Skyrim-DLC-Next-Week.html

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Global Moderator
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #352 on: April 26, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #353 on: April 30, 2012, 06:00:50 PM »

As promised, Bethesda's Kinect-powered update to Skyrim is going live tomorrow. The patch will enable a variety of voice commands, such as quick access to the map and saving. However, the most exciting aspect of the new functionality is the ability to shout commands--in English or Dragon Language. You'll be able to yell "Unrelenting Force" to your Kinect sensor. Or, if you're wearing the appropriate attire, you'll be able to yell "Fus Ro Dah."

But what else can you do? Bethesda has released the complete list of commands for you to peruse.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/73585/skyrim-kinect-patch-live-tomorrow-complete-commands-list-available-now

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Global Moderator
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #354 on: June 01, 2012, 01:16:21 AM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Vapor

• 2011-2012 Showtime for Free Pick 'em Champion
  • Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 312
« Reply #355 on: June 01, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »

there were vampires in the main game..alot of them in caves..also i think u can become one too..dontreally know how but finally some dlc...id love to se the return of the dwemer in some future dlc and no more dragons..ill be super pissed if i have to fight another dragon when i put the discin again
21:07:32 VOLTAN: lotion took he ard black dick straightn up the ole galleys arse, with a +4 roll. biotch

(23:06:28) Szabada: If I had started Tannehill over stupid fuck face Cutler

Offline SadisticKeith

• Founding Father
« Reply #356 on: June 01, 2012, 11:23:22 AM »

there were vampires in the main game..alot of them in caves..also i think u can become one too..dontreally know how but finally some dlc...id love to se the return of the dwemer in some future dlc and no more dragons..ill be super pissed if i have to fight another dragon when i put the discin again

That was what he meant. There have been vampires since at least Oblivion and that let you become one as well.
This my BOOMSTICK!

Ash

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Global Moderator
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #357 on: June 01, 2012, 11:45:04 AM »

That was what he meant. There have been vampires since at least Oblivion and that let you become one as well.

The ability to become a vamp in elder scrolls has been around since Daggerfall (2).

I'm upset that it appears that they are seemingly going along with this vampire trend that exploded with the whole twilight thing. (Provided this has been more prominent in film, video games have been more guilty of over using the zombie trope but whatever...)

I would have preferred something more original or that pertains to the elder scrolls universe more.

Such as the Dwemer (provided a large portion of the plot of Morrowind was dedicated to their disappearance....) or something like The Shivering Isles. Or I donno, simply a continuation of Skyrim's plot. You know, the whole civil war thing, the dominion....?

But hey whatever....

As I said, I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #358 on: June 01, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Dawnguard Beta signup here.   Caine, I'm looking at you bro.

http://dawnguardbeta.elderscrolls.com/form.php

Like the idea of getting your hands on the Skyrim Dawnguard DLC early? Well, it turns out that you might be able to, provided you're successful in applying for the Dawnguard beta, which will grant early access to a selection of Xbox 360 players who sign up to participate in the programme.

Successful beta applicants will be selected in just over a week's time, at which point a download code will soon be issued with the full version of the vampire-laden Dawnguard expansion that will also allow you to unlock achievements.

You can sign up for the beta via this here link: dawnguardbeta.elderscrolls.com. Good luck. If you can't get in on the beta action, don't despair, as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard will be coming to XBL this summer for 1600 Microsoft Points.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11887-The-Elder-Scrolls-V--Skyrim-Dawnguard-Beta-Coming-Soon.html

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Global Moderator
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #359 on: June 12, 2012, 11:24:56 AM »
http://www.bethblog.com/2012/06/12/new-skyrim-avatar-items-arrive-on-xbox-live/

Skyrim: Dawnguard Beta Demand is "Overwhelming"
Only half a percent of applicants got in this wave.
by Luke Karmali JUNE 12, 2012

The first wave of Skyrim: Dawnguard beta invites are going out, with Bethesda labelling the number of applications "overwhelming".

The company made the statement on its Twitter, explaining that, "with an overwhelming number of applicants, half of one percent received invites. We look forward to feedback in our private forum."

There's no word on when or if another wave of invites will be released, but some more are expected tomorrow.  Bethesda explained it has sent out 75% of the beta passes today, with the rest coming within 24 hours.

Skyrim: Dawnguard is due to release on Xbox 360 as DLC on June 26.  The PC and PS3 versions will launch at a later date.

<