Author Topic: Uncharted 3 Revealed as 'Drake's Deception'  (Read 4737 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 637
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: Uncharted 3 Revealed as 'Drake's Deception'
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2011, 12:52:47 PM »
big time fail if you ask me.. IF this game has a team deathmatch mode.   if no mode... then do the objectives that's fine and all... but if there's TDM.. suck it for competitiveness imo.   

Naughty Dog explains why the kill/death ratio stat won’t be in Uncharted 3

Naughty Dog recently opened a web portal for displaying the multiplayer statistics in Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. One stat that was curiously missing was the kill/death ration. According to Arne Meyer, this was done intentionally. You can check out the latest screens from Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception in the slideshow to the left of this article and read his full explanation from the Naughty Dog forums below:

We're not showing K/DR on any of our online stats - it encourages breaking the spirit of the game. So we're taking a hard line on this to see if it has any effect.

He later added the following:

A graph or spread should give you all the info you would want. If you really want your ratio, take the time to break out the calculator.  There is too much focus on padding this stat to the detriment of the rest of the community and our experience with U2 has been that some players will abuse anything to bump up their KDR.  I would have figured that kill-farming would be universally abhorred.

Sony Computer Entertainment America will release Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception in North America on November 1st. You can try out the competitive multiplayer experience for the action-adventurer title right now by getting a voucher code from select Subway restaurants running the promotion.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Global Moderator
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 619
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2011, 01:44:26 PM »
I for one admire them taking a stance on the k/d ratio thing like that. Lone wolfing and exploiting are completely against the point of any multiplayer game. However, I don't see this going over too well with their fans.

I apologize in advance if this is a bit  :offtopic:

but... I'd like to see games like BF which are blatantly about team work and less about k/d start dishing out higher rewards for suport actions than kills. 100 points to revive someone but only 50 for the kill for example.

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 682
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2011, 02:03:01 PM »

but... I'd like to see games like BF which are blatantly about team work and less about k/d start dishing out higher rewards for suport actions than kills. 100 points to revive someone but only 50 for the kill for example.

Agree

Offline Onslaught

• Founding Father
  • Respected Member
  • Showtime Karma: 450
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2011, 02:30:05 PM »
It's only for the website.....KDR stats are in the game, or at least in the MP demo that's available right now. Notice the first sentence says web portal.

If I recall though, there was no K/D stat in the Summer beta, it had kills and deaths, but you just had to calculate the thing.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2011, 06:33:37 PM »
It's only for the website.....KDR stats are in the game, or at least in the MP demo that's available right now. Notice the first sentence says web portal.

If I recall though, there was no K/D stat in the Summer beta, it had kills and deaths, but you just had to calculate the thing.
well that's a weird thing for them to do.

and i agree with you Caine on more points for certain game modes.  obviously, TDM is all about K/D and Win/Loss... but in the other modes, it should be all about objectives, and assist and everything BUT K/D.

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 550
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2011, 07:03:02 PM »
I for one admire them taking a stance on the k/d ratio thing like that. Lone wolfing and exploiting are completely against the point of any multiplayer game. However, I don't see this going over too well with their fans.

the problem is those games are boring to most.
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Global Moderator
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 619
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2011, 09:18:27 PM »

the problem is those games are boring to most.

I don't see how sitting in a corner camping and getting a 20/0 k/d is fun but to each their own I guess.

I don't see objective based gameplay as being boring to anyone really. The entire point of multiplayer games regardless of genre is to play with people. Objective based gameplay gives more reasons to coordinate and have fun with such said people. If you don't want to play with people, find a good single player shooting experience. There are plenty out there and plenty where the bots are more of a challenge than any human could hope to be.

I'll admit, running around in circles and shooting everything that moves is fun and all. I just got my fill of that back in the day with Quake. I need more and there are plenty more out there that agree with me. Most developers are simply too scared to break away from a mold they know that sells to an easily entertained general public and children. Both of which haven't been playing the same shit in new packaging over and over again for the last 20 years.

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2011, 07:36:09 AM »

Uncharted 3 Facebook connectivity explained

Naughty Dog experimented with Twitter for Uncharted 2, allowing gamers to share key stats automatically from the game to the social network. The company is experimenting with a new set of features for Uncharted 3, this time with Facebook.

If your PS3 is linked to Facebook, you'll be able to see when your Facebook friends log in for a multiplayer match. You'll also be able to share your cinema files directly on Facebook (and YouTube). However, the most interesting integration with Facebook comes through the game's treasure system.

During multiplayer, you'll be able to collect treasures. Completing a set will unlock additional bonuses for use in the game. But what happens when you collect a duplicate treasure? You can share it on Facebook, and the first ten friends that click on that link will earn in-game cash. Best of all, you'll get a bonus for sharing it as well.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/70714/uncharted-3-facebook-connectivity-explained

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2011, 07:27:18 AM »

October 23rd, 2011 at 1:40 pm -

According to a user who had recently attended an Uncharted 3 first play event, the game’s director Justin Richmond has disclosed some startling new details regarding Naughty Dog’s upcoming exclusive.

Richmond revealed that one of their play tester had managed to speed run through Uncharted 3 in 3 hours and 8 minutes on Easy. Although he notes that this might be a cause of concern, but Richmond also said that Uncharted 2 was beaten in 2 hours by a play tester.

Interestingly, he also said that there will be no special effects like slow-mo sequences in the single-player campaign of the game, and this was due to the fact that ND found it very difficult to implement those this time around.

He also said that ND had to make adjustments to the game’s crushing difficulty setting as even many play testers found it impossible to complete the game on that mode.

These are very interesting new details involving the game, and although a game tester managed to beat Uncharted 3 in 3 hours, you shouldn’t be too worried as usually it can take up to 5-10 times more time for a new player to do so. Uncharted 3′s campaign can easily last 10-12 hours on normal if you’re playing for the first time.

The game’s out on November 1 in the UK, and November 2 in the US. Stay tuned for our review.

http://playstationfans.com/playstation-3/uncharted-3-can-be-beaten-in-3-3-hours-more-details/

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2011, 08:29:54 AM »

Closing Comments
IGN defines a 10.0 -- a masterpiece -- as "the pinnacle of gaming, a masterpiece may not be flawless, but it is so exceptional that it is hard to imagine a game being better." That's Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. From start to finish, single player to multiplayer, this game sings. The characters, the graphics, the sound, the story – they’re all top notch. If you’re willing to skip Uncharted 3, be prepared to miss one of gaming’s finest moments.
IGN Ratings for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
Rating    Description
out of 10    Click here for ratings guide
10    Presentation
The cinematography and the way the game tells its story blew me away. It's touching and entertaining.
10    Graphics
Amazingly beautiful -- just watch sand cascade from Drake's footsteps, water slosh across the screen, and the wrinkles crinkle on characters faces. Naughty Dog outdid itself.
10    Sound
Spectacular voice acting, fantastic sound effects and an emotional score.
10    Gameplay
Refined climbing and shooting are better than ever, but it’s the way your actions merge with the story that impress.
10    Lasting Appeal
Single player deserves multiple playthroughs, just like your favorite film. Multiplayer is deep as well as rewarding and will keep you coming back.
OVERALL

Masterpiece
(out of 10)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210241p2.html

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2011, 09:36:23 AM »

Closing Comments
IGN defines a 10.0 -- a masterpiece -- as "the pinnacle of gaming, a masterpiece may not be flawless, but it is so exceptional that it is hard to imagine a game being better." That's Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. From start to finish, single player to multiplayer, this game sings. The characters, the graphics, the sound, the story – they’re all top notch. If you’re willing to skip Uncharted 3, be prepared to miss one of gaming’s finest moments.
IGN Ratings for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
Rating    Description
out of 10    Click here for ratings guide
10    Presentation
The cinematography and the way the game tells its story blew me away. It's touching and entertaining.
10    Graphics
Amazingly beautiful -- just watch sand cascade from Drake's footsteps, water slosh across the screen, and the wrinkles crinkle on characters faces. Naughty Dog outdid itself.
10    Sound
Spectacular voice acting, fantastic sound effects and an emotional score.
10    Gameplay
Refined climbing and shooting are better than ever, but it’s the way your actions merge with the story that impress.
10    Lasting Appeal
Single player deserves multiple playthroughs, just like your favorite film. Multiplayer is deep as well as rewarding and will keep you coming back.
OVERALL

Masterpiece
(out of 10)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210241p2.html

:o :o :o

Offline Onslaught

• Founding Father
  • Respected Member
  • Showtime Karma: 450
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2011, 10:02:20 AM »
I love Uncharted and all, but Greg Miller is a shit reviewer.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2012, 09:34:22 AM »

A double, if not triple, whammy of information from the glossy pages of Issue 067 of Official Playstation Magazine - the one with Ellen Paige on the cover. No, wait, hang on - that's actually Ellie, from Naughty Dog's upcoming The Last Of Us - and the OPM team have a naughty lie to uncover.

Their 6-page spread on the anticipated Playstation 3 game starts with something of a confession;

The talented folks at Naughty Dog may have made your game of 2011, but even they aren't perfect. It turns out last time we spoke to one of their number (Lead Designer Richard Lemarchand) he lied to us. He told us that the success of the award-winning studio was down to the fact that it is a one-team operation, which concentrates at making a single game at a time. It was a glaring untruth.

In the studio's darkened offices in Santa Monica, two teams are now at work - one what what will almost certainly be Uncharted 4 and the other, led by Uncharted 2 veterans Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann, building The Last of Us.

So, what does this all mean? The long-held believe that Naughty Dog trekked the retro route of 'one game at a time' has been obviously shattered; but this has more implications than that. The first is how amazing it is that Uncharted 3 was the head-turning, critic-enchanting title that stole the 2011 show, despite being made by only 50% of the Naughty Dog team. That's a real effort. The second is that The Last Of Us will be made by the other half, of Uncharted 2 fame. How will this effect the design of the The Last Of Us - will it be more 'Uncharted 2' in its themes, tone and story than any other Uncharted, or are they all one big gelatinous blob of bright colours and witty banter anyway?

However, a more exciting, if less surprising, consequence is that Uncharted 4 is probably seeping from Naughty Dog's talented fingers right this very second. Drake fans, don't worry - with this set up, you shouldn't have to wait too long for a new outing.

http://news.gamersguidetolife.com/2012/01/uncharted-3-was-made-by-only-50-of.html