Author Topic: IPTV better than cable, DirectTV, Dish  (Read 2403 times)

Offline moepain4u

• Keeping it real...Real special.
  • Showtime Karma: 105
IPTV better than cable, DirectTV, Dish
« on: October 11, 2010, 01:39:49 PM »
I have IPTV with CenturyLink called PrismTV and wow the quality of picture and sound is better than anything else.    My DLP tv picture looks awesome and my regular Toshiba UltraVision tv looks damn near HD.

I can watch video, view pictures on any tv in house from my computer.   Anyone else have IPTV?

I had cable, DirectTv and Dish before so I know there is a difference.   My regular tv picture never looked this great.

BringThePain Beeeatches!

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: IPTV better than cable, DirectTV, Dish
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 03:57:14 PM »
hmmmmm... interesting.      now that i'll be moving into my own house, i'm getting interested in different things like this.

Offline moepain4u

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 04:17:57 PM »
hmmmmm... interesting.      now that i'll be moving into my own house, i'm getting interested in different things like this.

3087.msg26878#msg26878 date=1286841434]
[/quote]

You can check out www.centurylink.com  look under PrismTV.    CenturyLink not in California yet.   I'm sure there is another company in California.
[tv then it will be hard for some to upgrade to HD.   I'm not joking on the quality either my wife noticed and she can't see good without her glasses.    You can tell right away the difference in quality on HD too.

Between this and streaming 1080p movies on Xbox I don't buy Blu-ray movies anymore....unless Blockbuster movie.   Avatar was the last Blu-ray movie I bought.

But over at HDD the sheep keep saying download 1080p and streaming is years away...NOT!
If they can get that type of picture quality out of regular
BringThePain Beeeatches!

Offline PocketNYC

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Karma: 227
    • In my mind
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 06:42:32 PM »
I'm intereseted in this but not sure if it's available. I think I checked awhile back for Uverse but no
Someone told me I'm weird, yet again they hunt defenseless animals as a hobby.

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 05:56:38 AM »
Is this cheaper that Direct TV/cable?

Offline moepain4u

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 02:20:36 PM »
Is this cheaper that Direct TV/cable?

Depends on your plan  I'm paying $200 dollars for phone, internet and TV.     I was paying about $250 when I just had DirectTV 
BringThePain Beeeatches!

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 615
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 08:19:34 PM »
i was going to say isnt that through the phone company?  weve looked into it but their internet is crappy, i thoroughly enjoy my 20 meg down, vs the 10 they offer, i havnt heard anything great bout the tv service either, but maybe by changing the name of the company theyve improved on some things.

Offline moepain4u

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 07:09:19 AM »
i was going to say isnt that through the phone company?  weve looked into it but their internet is crappy, i thoroughly enjoy my 20 meg down, vs the 10 they offer, i havnt heard anything great bout the tv service either, but maybe by changing the name of the company theyve improved on some things.

They are good in Vegas  I stream 1080p movies with no lag on 360.   My hd movies download within an hour.    The only problem with IPTV is if you have to restart the modem you have to restart all the boxes on all your TV's.   

I've very happy with the service and I'm coming from 4G wireless with Clear in my house which was pretty good but not as fast.
BringThePain Beeeatches!

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 07:49:40 AM »

They are good in Vegas  I stream 1080p movies with no lag on 360.   My hd movies download within an hour.    The only problem with IPTV is if you have to restart the modem you have to restart all the boxes on all your TV's.   

I've very happy with the service and I'm coming from 4G wireless with Clear in my house which was pretty good but not as fast.

You live in Vegas?