Author Topic: The miDnIghtErs...  (Read 7406 times)

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 680
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
The miDnIghtErs...
« on: September 26, 2009, 07:07:57 PM »
i will be posting some pics of my basketball team that plays in a league called, fast action basketball.  our team is called the midnighters and we our pretty good.  usually finish first or second.  the first couple pics are of me, but i will post more of my teammates and i will post are stats of some of our seasons.       sorry.. just reliving some old glory days.. ;)

some more pics of the legendary Midnighters... i've been messing around putting old videos onto dvd... fun times  ;D we're in black.

now, for those of you who are into this kind of thing, here's some stats for you.  i know that they might be hard to see, but i scanned them from the original source.   snooprock, anyone else into sports, let me know what you think.   each season is 10 games long.   stats are from "fast action basketball"   these are my stats for like 9 seasons in a row.   some good games, some bad games.

ps... the game that i dunked on that guy in the video .... that was season 7...  where it says game 51.   and no... nobody recorded our games in season 5.  that's why that's missing.
we played in a 6' 5" an under leauge just so everyone knows.   enjoy..

and here are the clip shows i made, of the midnighters season 11...

there are 3 parts.. let me know what you think!

part 2 up

part 3...

OMEGA BOMBS

Re: The miDnIghtErs...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
hows the team doin this year?

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 07:25:08 PM »
hows the team doin this year?
i'm on a completely different team these days with all new guys... we just had a game tonight... we are now.. 4-0.  :)    good start this season.. 6 more games to go.

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 11:10:22 AM »
4 and 1 now.  :(

Offline cuco33

• 2011 CO-Member of the Year
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 368
    • eurokult
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »
I used to be in a couple of leagues/tourneys for soccer and hockey. In high school I wrestled and missed playing soccer because of injury that put me out of all major sports competitions for awhile (torn LCL, torn MCL, partial tear ACL, 80% meniscus tear). The worst part is I missed out on a wrestling scholarship to Penn State, one of the top schools for this. They were scouting one of my teammates and the guy I wrestled (I filled in in my Frosh year for Varsity match since my weight class Varsity guy was sick). 10-0 Frosh record, wrestled 2 matches JV (1-1) and 1 Varsity (0-1), never was pinned and losses came by only 1 point.

Hockey wasn't serious in my area (unless you do ice hockey, pay mad money for ice rental and practice at 5-6am lol) but in the roller leagues I played in I was usually goalie and went 1 season 7 game straight shutout in a high scoring league. At most they had 2 straight shutouts so 7 was unheard of. Soccer is all over the place... when younger I was striker or winger, and as I got older, slower, fatter, I dropped to mid and eventually my natural position as defender (CB, RCB, RB mainly). I only play soccer every now and again, even in this cold ass tristate weather we do indoor turf but I'm way past my prime lol

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 03:35:29 PM »
but I'm way past my prime lol

fuck, i hear that!       my new years resolution is to get back into some good basketball shape, and to dunk it again this year.        i didn't dunk it at all for all of 2009... i couldn't even do it just messing around... and i dunked it once in 2008.

I WILL DUNK AGAIN.. for my own peace of mind.

Offline cuco33

• 2011 CO-Member of the Year
  • Showtime Karma: 368
    • eurokult
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »
lol

Good luck on dunking man. I'll never be as good in net as I was when I was younger, never have the speed, stamina, flexibility, quickness and skill like I did for soccer or wrestling when I was younger. I just accept it though lol

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 09:10:37 PM »
tonights game was a big win for us.    this is my Midnighters team, but the other team i play on these days.   one of our members, April Halloween, who is actually pictured in our thread here..

http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=752.msg3776#msg3776

the cowgirl...

anyhoo.. she came to the game tonight to watch before she went out.. was only missing JennyLee20C... even Szabada's girl was there watching.   anyways.. here's a couple pictures she took of me i guess... i had no idea she was even taking any pics... so this is from our huge win tonight.  :)

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 11:52:15 AM »
Ahhh yes.  I'm gonna post the picture from when that guy punched me...haha

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 03:22:53 PM »
i hope that dude had some bad.. bad karma go his way.     real bad.

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 08:29:53 AM »
well... here's some highlights of back when i was quick, fast, could jump high, and was awesome at ball!     2001 highlights... all the clips are me... the videos were old, so at first, it's hard to see.. but you can still see.. .then it starts to look better.   in this video you see my hair go from long, to shaved all the way off.    ha.. good times.

so these are all me... enjoy!    i used to be so good!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:31:44 AM by miDnIghtEr20C »

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 09:16:06 PM »
A nice little move I had back in the day...   Coming down with the left hand, put the ball between the leg, but back to the same left hand.... then a quick behind the back to the right hand as i juke over to the right and finish with the layup.   

Nice!

uncle rico over and out!

Offline itputdalotion0n

• Showtime Karma: 554
  • REAL TALK, Cause FAKE TALK just wont do.
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 11:03:25 AM »

fuck, i hear that!       my new years resolution is to get back into some good basketball shape, and to dunk it again this year.        i didn't dunk it at all for all of 2009... i couldn't even do it just messing around... and i dunked it once in 2008.

Shit i havent been able to dunk since High school, ive never much cared about doing it. Although i would love for my Achillies to heal good and get back in shape enough to do it again. Not so much for the sake of being able to do it but just so i know im in great shape again.

Mid from those stats it looks like you need some Free throw practice, i never have and never will understand how some people can be good shooters and be worse at making wide open free throws than jumpers.

I once went 33/33 from the line in our school alumni kept getting klobbered  and couldnt hit a shot because it was a back to back game and i had just played 40 minutes, but still never miss my free throws. Im good for 9/10 or better every time.

God right now though i would love to be able to play in some summer 3 on 3 tourneys but thats not gonna happen, probally wont get to play in my rec league this year either.
Let me hit you with some REAL TALK

Record Vs Vapor 2-0 with the Fantasy Panthers, 1-0 With the gutted Chiefs.

Master_X: Yeah, I like Kidd, my team back in the day was the Kings when he played with bibby and webber

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 03:23:04 PM »

fuck, i hear that!       my new years resolution is to get back into some good basketball shape, and to dunk it again this year.        i didn't dunk it at all for all of 2009... i couldn't even do it just messing around... and i dunked it once in 2008.

Shit i havent been able to dunk since High school, ive never much cared about doing it. Although i would love for my Achillies to heal good and get back in shape enough to do it again. Not so much for the sake of being able to do it but just so i know im in great shape again.

Mid from those stats it looks like you need some Free throw practice, i never have and never will understand how some people can be good shooters and be worse at making wide open free throws than jumpers.

I once went 33/33 from the line in our school alumni kept getting klobbered  and couldnt hit a shot because it was a back to back game and i had just played 40 minutes, but still never miss my free throws. Im good for 9/10 or better every time.

God right now though i would love to be able to play in some summer 3 on 3 tourneys but thats not gonna happen, probally wont get to play in my rec league this year either.

i've never had the concentration for free throws.    but i will tell you this... i did have bad free throw games, but i did hit free throws that i needed to.         i did have 1 game i can remember blowing it at the line and having a chance to win... but ya, my free throws pct is sucky.  

DAMN YOU FOR ONLY TAKING A SHOT AT THAT ONE!!!   :-[   :D

but that's ok... if that's the only thing you could see bad in those stats (besides a lot of shooting, but when you're the teams shooter, you have to shoot!), then i don't mind.  ;)        

oh, and i never played high school ball or anything...  one year, sophomore year i sat the bench, and said fuck that.      i'm a "street baller", and you know we don't hit our free throws.  ;)   but i guarantee you... GUARANTEE YOU , that each game you see me play in.... at least 1 time you'd say DAMN!  How'd he do that?  Hence, the nickname that my friends gave me.  "How'd he do that"

Check this game out when you're bored and tired... first half we suck ass.. I'm number 25 in black.   We sucked hard in the first half... we start of the second half down by 19.... i score 2 points in the first.... 27 points in the second half.   we end up coming back and winning by 1 at the end of the game... fun times.   reminded me of the Dallas game last night, subtract about 98% of the talent.  :)

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 03:30:52 PM »
that rainbow i make at the 3:14 mark of the end of the game on video part 3 there is sick.   fucking.. .SICK!  8)